Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Church street is to narrow for the AMP.

I have my doubts about the AMP even happening without State support. No one seems to see the necessity for viable public transit in Nashville except us few visionary's that know it has to come either now or later. The longer we wait the more expensive it will be.

I personally don't think demand will be all that high @ $10. I could be wrong...but people in this city aren't used to paying that kind of money outside of event & work parking. Why go there when you can go somewhere else for $5 or even free? $10 is an entree, or a couple of drinks.

Right and those places aren't event dining. I'm sure as hell not paying $10 to eat a $15 meal.

• Like 1

29th_zps48a1e1ce.jpg

According to site plan....

29thabove2_zpse50427a0.jpg

More residential density for that part of the West End area.

Construction fencing is up and the buildings have begun demolition. I'm not excited about the design, and a lot of mature trees will be lost. I don't see any being replaced along the street either. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Of note:

His lengthy efforts to reach a deal with such a partner likely played into HCA’s decision several months ago to consider alternatives. The 35-acre site at Charlotte Avenue and 11th Avenue North, which is being prepared for development by Northwestern Mutual and Boyle Investment Co., is the top candidate.

[Yawn]  Isn't this the very same article that ran over a year ago?  The problem with this "news" is that it is still reliant on Mr. Palmer. 

Also, there is another (unclear) article in the Tennessean about the Crescent project at the Music Row Roundabout.  Not too informative... doesn't say what "taller" means; like taller than what is already allowed, or taller than the initial proposal announced in the summer?   And it says something about the project being only 5 floors above 1 level of retail.   

Anyway, for some reason I cannot copy the link to this message.

Edited by MLBrumby

To be six story luxury apartments with penthouse views of the skyline and I-40 (if height variance granted).

From the Tennessean;  

Crescent has contracts to buy properties near Music Row for the project. They include the building at 1205 Division that houses offices of Nashville property management firm First Management Services. It also includes adjacent buildings that house Laser Construction, DWC Construction Co. and Soundshop Recording Studios.

The development will include five levels of residential apartments above roughly 7,500 square feet of retail space on the first level.

1205divisionaerial_zpscc9eacd2.jpg

A street view of the properties;

1205divisionstreet_zpsca92eb26.jpg

• Like 1

That's going to be a fairly active area in a few years. This also will nicely connect the Gulch with the roundabout. Right now walking down division it feels a little deserted. I live in the neighborhood around Edgehill Village and walking to the Gulch right now feels a little unsafe at night because of that break in development.

• Like 1

Demonbreun Lofts on Demonbreun across from the Rhythm building. 

Anybody else surprised at the type of construction going on there- wooden frames instead of concrete or steel?  Seems to me to a be just an on-the-cheap build.  Same basic method as Eleven North, which is a tinder box.  Couldn't catch me living in either.  Disappointing.

That one is being developed by Faison.

Thank you!!! I guess I can't keep all those developers from Charlotte, NC straight... and they're all clustered around the Roundabout. 

Regarding the info from this article... I guess we'll have to wait to see if 1) this is a real proposal, and 2) if the height variance is being requested to allow them to go higher than 6 floors, or if they need the variance just to go up to 6 floors.  Although unclear as it is written, I think it is the latter. 

Anybody else surprised at the type of construction going on there- wooden frames instead of concrete or steel?  Seems to me to a be just an on-the-cheap build.  Same basic method as Eleven North, which is a tinder box.  Couldn't catch me living in either.  Disappointing.

I'm with you.  It's pretty unfathomable to me that such large structures are being built to be so fragile and disposable.