Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Welcome NashDevelopment (from a former lurker as well)...two things I really like about this is 1) it is replacing a gas station. 2) Across the street is Advance Financial's Corporate HQ, also a branch of Advance Financial, and a building housing thier IT staff. I'm sure they are OK with it as well considering what it will do for thier property values. Maybe it will ease thier iron grip on that intersection/area and something more appropriate will move in.

Edited by TnNative

As a former resident of the rock block (aka Elliston Place) I have to admit, I'm a little reluctant to see anything "shinny" through the stretch. The beauty of Elliston is that's it's one of the last truly gritty urban neighborhoods in town. Then again, I absolutely agree that it has a huge amount of untapped potential. I'm looking forward to it's development, but I hope that we don't lose too much of the past. The old Hume-Fogg site could have been a mighty fine urban park. Granted, it's only blocks from Centennial, but it was a great green space for the people that lived there. Elliston 23 (or whatever it's called) is nice, but I hope it's seen as a starting point for Tony et all. The destruction of The Mayfair was a travesty on an epic scale. Most people in Nashville could probably care less, but that was a beautiful building that can't be recreated. I hope that Elliston is developed in a major way, but I also hope the future of Elliston holds true to some of that grit.

• Like 3

West End may be the main blood vein of Midtown, so to speak, but Church Street has probably the strongest potential to be an incredibly dense and walkable street from the interstate all the way to where it turns into Elliston Place over the next several years. Charlotte I just never see reaching its fullest potential for various reasons but Church could truly become a hot street, like St. Louis' Washington Street.

• Like 1

I look for more development in the area, maybe not all on Church, but on Hayes south and State and over on 14th, 15th, and 16th north of Church.

I agree that Church has a lot of potential, however there are some vintage buildings I would hate to see come down. I do not see Gupton College going anywhere soon because they have expanded thier campus. There are a number of business that could go elsewhere for sure.

I am dissapointed that Midtown liquer store was allowed a varience so they would not have to build to the street several years back.

As far as Hayes St., goes XMi has a lot of properties on that street and I could see a lot of that being developed sooner rather than later.

Chances are that it will not be a very attractive building, as most of those building along Music Row look like suburban cr@p, and unfortunately the Curb College of Music Business will still be standing with its front "convenience store" parking.  Looking at the map, this parcel looks narrow, although long.  So I wouldn't expect anything over 5 stories. On a positive note, it will replace the hideous "hacienda" studio building and a dumpy brick 80s era office building.  Let's just hope it doesn't have suburban landscaping around it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41+Music+Square+East,+Nashville,+TN&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88646691e5ed47dd:0x6322c51944355ef0,41+Music+Square+E,+Nashville,+TN+37203&gl=us&ei=-MLaUo63HpK1kQf54IDICg&ved=0CCQQ8gEwAA

I actually worked in that building for a few weeks about 6 years ago when I worked for a construction company one summer I will be glad to see something different. I always hated the entrance to the parking.  I wonder how they will deal with the parking this time?

Edited by bigeasy

Here are the properties that would be affected by the new SESAC building on the Row.

0S3B6e4.jpg

So...the old EMI building is included?  Man...I hate to see that building go.  My first 13 years of songwriting were done in that building.  Kris Kristofferson wrote many of his hits in the attic of that building.  It's a great structure.  

Oh well...for the sake of progress, I guess.  :shok:

So...the old EMI building is included?  Man...I hate to see that building go.  My first 13 years of songwriting were done in that building.  Kris Kristofferson wrote many of his hits in the attic of that building.  It's a great structure.  

Oh well...for the sake of progress, I guess.  :shok:

:(...how long, before they're all gone? 

:(...how long, before they're all gone? 

Yeah...I've showed so many people the quaint houses along Music Row and they're not impressed until they hear the stories...then see the interiors and witness the tiny studios in the basements and find out the history.  It's a shame to see those cool old houses torn down and replaced with glass and steel.  

It is definitely closing

Yes, it is. I've heard nothing from my contact at Buckingham nor have I seen any activity on the site. Speculation here is that Wendy's didn't see any point in continuing given the weather and the upcoming deadline on employee insurance. As of this morning, there is nothing at Ken's to indicate that it won't open on schedule later today.