Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I was thinking it would be but William has been really busy with the Post Magazine. I gave him both projects yesterday, plus a couple of really small projects that are nothing major. The other project is just a little bit bigger. I know of another one that is close by I have known about for a while.

There could be a major announcement coming, but right now it is rumor, but STRONG sources.

For every five projects out there, there is probably one more we don't know about.

The NBJ, the Tennessean, and the Post have sources that could be considered their own.

Going to be a great year!

• Like 2

This may have already been mentioned but it appears there's a project looming called Music Square Flats.

A request to rezone from ORI to SP-R zoning for properties located at 54, 56, 58, 60, 62 and 64 Music Square West, at the northeast corner of Music Square West and Music Square South (1.38 Acres), to permit up to 230 multifamily residential units in a five-story building, requested by Civil Site Design Group, applicant; 66 MSW Partnership, BB & L Enterprises, LLC, and Melrose Properties Partners, owners.

LOL... I just did a quick search at some of the addresses along the Music Row streets, and "manahgottatellya" there is a heckuvalot of U-G-L-Y on 16th/17th/18th streets in the Music Row area.  I had forgotten about what is called "Ten-Ten on the Row".  Yuck!  Can we start a thread for ugliest Nashville building... or even more shameful, worst buildings of the year listed by architect?

This may have already been mentioned but it appears there's a project looming called Music Square Flats.

A request to rezone from ORI to SP-R zoning for properties located at 54, 56, 58, 60, 62 and 64 Music Square West, at the northeast corner of Music Square West and Music Square South (1.38 Acres), to permit up to 230 multifamily residential units in a five-story building, requested by Civil Site Design Group, applicant; 66 MSW Partnership, BB & L Enterprises, LLC, and Melrose Properties Partners, owners.

This is the other project that no one has reported on and I have been waiting on WW to post. I know more than I can say right now. WW will have story in the morning in the Post. I can not say who the developer is even though I know.

4 of the houses are "OK", but losing this one is the worst (2nd northernmost of the group):

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=36.147808,-86.793612&spn=0.000006,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=36.147898,-86.793597&panoid=rbOSqXYxofDQif8lUHsGRw&cbp=12,122.89,,0,0

This is Queen Anne-style, isn't it ?

I don't like losing any of those houses, but I think it's going to be hard to keep a lot of these neat old single family houses in areas that are dominated by larger commercial (and now residential) buildings. The land is simply worth far more than the house (well, at least in dollars). It's a shame, too, because I think the mix of old houses in the Midtown area is what gives it its unique flavor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Childress Klein to start 16 story project next month. Purchased the land needed.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140225/BUSINESS/302250064

Yay...but :( for Tony G. With all of these high rise luxury apartment buildings breaking ground/being completed, he needs to get the dirt moving....just saying. 

This is going to really have an impact on this area of town, especially since this property sits on a hill.

Yay...but :( for Tony G. With all of these high rise luxury apartment buildings breaking ground/being completed, he needs to get the dirt moving....just saying. 

This is going to really have an impact on this area of town, especially since this property sits on a hill.

Yep, Tony could get screwed if he does not break ground immediately. Ray Hensler and Childress Klein may have beat him to the punch.

The article is saying that it is 18 stories and 431 units now. Looks as if we may have gained a couple of floors.

Remember though, it's the Tennessean, they could have their numbers wrong as usual.