Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

With this much new construction, I'm curious why they haven't done something to better address the roundabout. The plans include a new parking garage, so it seems unnecessary to preserve the small parking lot that fronts the roundabout. This seems like a missed opportunity to create an urban design that is a better fit with the vertical presence of Element and Roundabout Plaza.

Humphreys & Partners Architects is a total hack shop. I am disgusted they are building things in our city. This will be soulless generic architecture as typical with all their projects.

A lot of demo permits have been pulled for properties on McMillin and Patterson (area between Church and Charlotte, kind of close to Hustler Hollywood) this week.  A precursor for something more to come?  Article from January on the purchase of these plots:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/01/16/nashville-investors-buy-midtown-site-th-state/21893061/

A lot of demo permits have been pulled for properties on McMillin and Patterson (area between Church and Charlotte, kind of close to Hustler Hollywood) this week.  A precursor for something more to come?  Article from January on the purchase of these plots:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/01/16/nashville-investors-buy-midtown-site-th-state/21893061/

Well, when you think about it, all that space from 17th to "13th". between Church and Charlotte, isn't really that expansive, and it would be only a matter of time that it would become transformed within the next 3-8 years.  Given the fact that Church and Charlotte are busy and mixed/commercial corridors connecting nearby to DT and the interstate, it sort of could be predicted.

-==-

The Stonehenge (I believe that's correct?) project at 19th and Belcourt is progressing.

C4D57B90-915B-45F3-AD56-A9251FCE611F_zps

Did the design of this change from the original proposal?     I seem to recall the rendering showing a goofy-looking ziggurat shaped building (similar to The Alexander on Hillsboro Rd).    Or was that a different proposal in this same area?   

Glad to see the Sub Stop will be reopening nearby.

Just a hunch (since the Sub Stop hasn't offically announced it): I won't be shocked if they move into the space along West End next to West End Cafe and across from Hotel Indigo. Work has been happening inside that building, and the location is perfect with ample parking in the back. And the owner did say the new location is within walking distance of the current spot.

• Like 1

As I was getting my car worked on, I noticed some fresh dirt on a small plot of land (approx 1/3 of an acre) on the SW corner of 17th and State. It is adjacent to Bell Midtown. Not a big piece of land, but it had been completely covered with fresh dirt. Could be a parking lot for all I know, but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard otherwise (or can find out).

I

As I was getting my car worked on, I noticed some fresh dirt on a small plot of land (approx 1/3 of an acre) on the SW corner of 17th and State. It is adjacent to Bell Midtown. Not a big piece of land, but it had been completely covered with fresh dirt. Could be a parking lot for all I know, but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard otherwise (or can find out).

Kevin, I think that is the back of the Chris Moore building that is being rehabbed for a couple of restaurants. The entire back lot will be repaired and used for parking from what I understand.

I

Kevin, I think that is the back of the Chris Moore building that is being rehabbed for a couple of restaurants. The entire back lot will be repaired and used for parking from what I understand.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.156585,-86.796486,3a,75y,234.13h,84.18t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEbrIBj_prlFrVWM4lq880A!2e0

This is the lot in question.