smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Unpopular opinion, but I was never sold on the flood wall. Due diligence was lacking. Why so expensive? What are the alternatives? Will it divert flood waters to the East bank? What about run off on the west side of the wall? What about the rest of Nashville?

I'm curious too; would eight extra feet really make that much of a difference? How much overflow in downtown would it have protected in the flood of 2010 for example (based on its coverage proximity?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

I'm curious too; would eight extra feet really make that much of a difference? How much overflow in downtown would it have protected in the flood of 2010 for example (based on its coverage proximity?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one of the main features of the wall was some kind of pumping station / water displacement system that would really be the thing that helps the most...and it's what is most expensive.  I don't really know what it's called or how it works, but I'm thinking that has something to do with this project.

• Like 1

Eakin gets funding for his suburban crap at Rolling Mill Hill "Trolley Barns". http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/09/05/developer-eakin-gets-approval-90-m-nine-story-rolling-mill-hill-office-tower/632521001/

So disappointing!  This could be anywhere in the suburbs, and is not something you'd find in an urban core. 

Just as ugly, only a few floors taller. 

636402154726375282-Eakinnewmain.JPG

A view from Lea and Peabody of the multifamily building

A site plan showing the nine-story project Eakin Partners

A rendering of the single-tenant office building planned

I hope any would-be tenants will not be counting on that great view of downtown to last too long. That corner lot at KVB and Hermitage is zoned for up to 30 stories.

Eakin cited among appeals the building's efficient 31,750 square feet floor plate with columnless corners and great views of downtown, two points of entry and exit from the garage and access to the greenway along with restaurants and other planned amenities. Possibility exist for converting a covered entrance to the parking garage into a separate 5,000-square-feet of conference facility or other use. 

• The approval puts Eakin on track to close its purchase of the 2.76-acre site by the end of next month.
  • Plans Eakin submitted to MDHA shows 1,000 parking spaces and a public park as part of the project
  • The ground floor is targeted for two restaurants, perhaps a bank branch and other office-type uses.
  • C.B. Ragland Co. is overseeing efforts to create 19,000 square feet of office space at 29 Hermitage Ave.
  • Like 1

More info on the conversion of the property at 29 Hermitage Ave. (immediately to the east of the under construction City Lights Condos, and across Hermitage Ave. to the south from the proposed Eakin office building on the Trolley Barns site:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20974545/metro-oks-concept-plan-for-rutledge-hill-project

29 Hermitage Ave refurbish render 1, Sept 5, 2017.jpg

29 Hermitage Ave refurbish render 2, Sept 5, 2017.png

29 Hermitage Ave refurbish render 3, Sept 5, 2017.png

29 Hermitage Ave refurbish render 4, Sept 5, 2017.png

29 Hermitage Ave refurbish render 5, Sept 5, 2017.png

• Like 1

They made this part of trolley barn project larger than originally planned. Maybe the rest will get bigger as well.

On 8/31/2017 at 2:03 PM, CenterHill said:

Yes, it is a shipping container and will be a food kiosk.   Sort of a permanent food truck.     I'm not sure who the vendor is that will occupy it.    The City Center owners are also constructing an outdoor stage and new seating and landscaping on the plaza.     I'll try to snap some pictures of the renderings in the building lobby. 

Renderings of the City Center plaza improvements 

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

(sorry these posted sideways;  trying to fix but can't figure out how to rotate them....)

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Renderings of the City Center plaza improvements 

(sorry these posted sideways;  trying to fix but can't figure out how to rotate them....)

You'll be getting my bill from the chiropractor. I can't straighten my neck up.

• Like 4

Criminal Justice Center (5 stories, 80 feet) update. Sub level parking nearly complete.  

Looking north from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 1, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 2, Sept 2, 2017..jpg

Looking east from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center 3, Sept 2, 2017..jpg

• Like 2

^I passed this yesterday on 4th. It looks great from street level. Really livens up that intersection. 

• Like 2

I've always thought the CMT building didn't have enough parking. 5 parking spots per employee is just a little low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The group that includes Chicago entrepreneur Marc Bushala is apparently purchasing the low grade warehouse space on 0.77 acres  625 Fourth Ave. S. (immediately to the south of Rocketown),  which is east of the Tuck Hilton site (that includes the 150- year old former Methodist Church) they purchased a few weeks ago. This would give them control of 1.54 acres overall. They plan a boutique hotel along the 4th Ave. side, and brewery/restaurant complex within and around the former church building.

No details yet on brand, size, number of rooms, or rendering.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/09/20/chicago-investor-pursues-boutique-hotel-sobro-site/686913001/

Story behind the paywall:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/09/20/no-sign-of-a-slowdown-chicago-investor-eyes.html

625 4th Ave South view, Sept 20, 2017.png

625 4th Ave South map, Sept 20, 2017.png

• Like 2

From today's Nashville Post:

Officials with live music venue and restaurant The Listening Room Cafe announced today they will open their new location in SoBro on Tuesday, Sept. 26.

The building is located at 618 Fourth Ave. S. and was once known as the International Harvester Building. The space is nearly twice the size of TLR’s former location at Second Avenue South and Molloy Street, according to a release.

In addition to a listening room featuring a Bose Room Match sound system, a separate restaurant area for 150 will offer dinner and Saturday brunch beginning  Sept 30.  Lunch and a special late-night menu will be added beginning Oct. 16. The new location also includes an outdoor patio and a balcony that will offer additional seating for live music. Valet parking is provided.

The Movement — TLR’s weekly in-the-round of up and coming songwriters — will begin at 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 26.

The dinner menu includes rattlesnake chicken pasta, shrimp and grits, and smoked pork steak as well as starters like Nashville hot cauliflower, crab cakes and poutine. Paying tribute to his St. Louis hometown, TLR owner Chris Blair will operate, as he did at the previous spot, a large meat smoker located behind the club.

Location is magenta rectangle in center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Development Map:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 3.13.24 PM.png

Listening Room 2, 618 4th Ave south, April, 2017.jpg