smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Awesome news! I was looking at the street view just to see what the entrance looks like now and it is crazy how much that area has changed. I do not know when the street view was taken but it must of been over 3 years old I guess since The Pinnacle is still under construction.

Awesome news! I was looking at the street view just to see what the entrance looks like now and it is crazy how much that area has changed. I do not know when the street view was taken but it must of been over 3 years old I guess since The Pinnacle is still under construction.

Look in the lower left and it'll show you the timestamp of the image, April 2009. Murfreesboro hasn't been updated since fall 2007.

• Like 1

Here is the rendering for the new Police precinct for KVB courtesy of WW.

KVB6thpoliceprecint.jpg

It will be at the corner of KVB and 7th just past the NES substation.

• Like 1

Too bad the Police Precinct will not go at the crner of 6th and KVB to wrap around the NES substation as it looks like there is a gap between the building and the corner.

Edited by MLBrumby

Too bad the Police Precinct will not go at the crner of 6th and KVB to wrap around the NES substation as it looks like there is a gap between the building and the corner.

Ok...makes more sense.  Read in this link.  The precinct is proposed for that very corner.  NOT the corner of 7th and KVB.  Presumably, the building would go in that gap I mentioned.

http://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/1188/Mayor-Dean-Proposes-New-Quarters-for-Central-Precinct-Downtown.aspx

Here is the rendering for the new Police precinct for KVB courtesy of WW.

KVB6thpoliceprecint.jpg

It will be at the corner of KVB and 7th just past the NES substation.

A police station next to a substation? I can see some potentially questionable interrogation techniques... :shok:

You are correct. Was thinking 6th and posted 7th. Brain fart.

Also John (MTSU Bluraider) said he spoke to a foreman at the NCC parking garage site on 6th N and said they may be going ahead and doing a 20 to 25 story there. We will not know until it is announced if it happens.

Also stand by for some major news coming from the Post hopefully later today. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

You are correct. Was thinking 6th and posted 7th. Brain fart.

Also John (MTSU Bluraider) said he spoke to a foreman at the NCC parking garage site on 6th N and said they may be going ahead and doing a 20 to 25 story there. We will not know until it is announced if it happens.

Also stand by for some major news coming from the Post hopefully later today. Stay tuned.

You better not build us up like that and then throw something at us like the mayor did with his press conference a few weeks ago! :P

• Like 1

You better not build us up like that and then throw something at us like the mayor did with his press conference a few weeks ago! :P

Which one?  The Nabrco building or the hybrid buses!!

Sorry to build you all up but it is not going to go live till tomorrow morning, so you will have to wait till then. Just talked to WW, and a lot was happening today so they will wait till then. It will be behind pay wall but will update once I can do it.

I hate to be the negative one this time around...but with the number of developers itching to build office towers in the core, I just can't see anyone just going ahead and "putting up" a 20-25 story spec building. The demand is simply not there right now. If a spec tower goes up, I would think it would almost have to be in The Gulch or maybe Midtown.

Who knows, though...the owner is out of Miami, right? Maybe that's just how they roll.

Anybody else want to venture a guess? I have no inside information or any contacts. I'm going to go with a major full service hotel announcement for Sobro with 400 rooms.

Meh...could be exciting...could be rather lame.  I can't read the article without paying.  Does it say which Marriott brand these hotels will be?  I'm expecting dime-a-dozen crap like Courtyard or Fairfield Inn but hoping for a JW and/or Marquis...