smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Downtown Library Garage expansion (2 additional levels, 350 spaces) update.  Prepping for facade.

Looking north from intersection of Commerce and 7th Ave. North:

Downtown Library garage, Jan 20, 2018.jpg

• Like 1

Is this 100,000 sf food hall part of the ca. 183,000 sf of retail/restaurant space that was originally announced, or is this just an addition to the total?

^ ^ ^ The 100,000 sq. ft. Food Hall takes up a portion of the total 225,000 sq. ft. assigned for retail/restaurant/commercial.  So, there is another 125,00 sq. ft. yet to be filled.  H&M Clothiers will be part of that, but I'm not aware of the square footage of their footprint yet.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ The 100,000 sq. ft. Food Hall takes up a portion of the total 225,000 sq. ft. assigned for retail/restaurant/commercial.  So, there is another 125,00 sq. ft. yet to be filled.  H&M Clothiers will be part of that, but I'm not aware of the square footage of their footprint yet.  

Would the NMAAM also count in that square footage, or is that separate?

9 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Would the NMAAM also count in that square footage, or is that separate?

The proper abbreviation is "NoMA'AM" ;)

Edited by titanhog
  • Haha 3

Article from the Nashville Post regarding Howell Park apartments. Unfortunately it seem that for now, they will be keeping the ugly apartments instead of developing it into something bigger..... Gross. 

Locked article from the post posted below:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991449/rutledge-hill-apartments-eyed-for-shortterm-rental-use

Rutledge Hill apartments eyed for short-term rental use
Owners to seek MDHA approval for design of Bode

The Rutledge Hill property home to 40-unit apartment building Howell Park are eyeing an adaptive reuse of the buildings so as to create short-term rental.

Howell Park Partners LLC, which paid about $18 million for the property last year (read here), will go before the Metro Development and Housing Agency Design Review Committee on Tuesday, Feb. 6, to seek site plan approval for what it is calling “Bode.”

“We’ve decided on the plan to convert the existing apartment units into short-term rental,” said Rob Lowe, a local real estate investor who is spokesman for the LLC. “We’re in the process of upgrading all the units to accommodate the use.”

Fronting Second Avenue South in the street’s 400 block, the 1.85-acre property offers a U-shaped building and some smaller structures, all opened in 1986.

Lowe said the LLC has enlisted Nashville-based companies Pfeffer Torode Architects and D|AAD to partner on the design.

Lowe said the team is not ready to disclose when it might raze the existing buildings and develop a much taller structure on the site.

“I think we can all acknowledge that the future use of the site will result in much larger structure, but the conversion to short-term rental will allow us to be patient as downtown grows,” he said.

Members of Howell Park Partners are affiliated with Edgehill Village Investors LLC. That LLC used some of the proceeds from its sale of a majority controlling interest in its Edgehill Village retail property in Edgehill, plus some local capital, to buy what were then 38 Howell Park condo units, Lowe said when the sale was finalized last year. Two other condos at the time became part of the new LLC.

The property sits within MDHA's Rutledge Hill Redevelopment District and, as such, committee approval is needed.

Somewhat relatedly, Rutledge Hill saw a similar adaptive reuse project in 2017. That effort, undertaking by a different entity, yielded short-term rental property SoBro Guest House.

Ann Waddey and Jack Waddey, the owners of the SoBro Guest House property and business, teamed with developer and operator Oliver Hospitality (the same group that developed The Oliver in Knoxville and is prepping to open Fairlane in downtown Nashville) on the project and are now looking to add to it (read here). 

• Like 1

Broadway Lofts (6 stories, 400 rooms, two restaurants) update. Fencing up, some digging underway.

Looking west from parking lot at 1st Ave. South and Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge:

Broadway Lofts, Jan 27, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE from 2nd Ave. South under Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge:

Broadway Lofts, Jan 27, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Article from the Nashville Post regarding Howell Park apartments. Unfortunately it seem that for now, they will be keeping the ugly apartments instead of developing it into something bigger.....

This was approved by MDHA this afternoon.  Rob Lowe, a spokeman for Howell Park Partners, said that for the future, the team is not ready to disclose when it might raze the existing buildings and develop a much taller structure on the site.

“I think we can all acknowledge that the future use of the site will result in much larger structure, but the conversion to short-term rental will allow us to be patient as downtown grows,” Lowe said Monday. (Nashville Post).

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991579/mdha-oks-plans-for-stockyard-rutledge-hill-projects

Here are renderings:

Howell Park render, Feb 5, 2018, 1.png

Howell Park render, Feb 5, 2018, 2.png

Howell Park render, Feb 5, 2018, 3.png

Here is location at SW corner of KVB and 2nd Ave. South.  A screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map.  

Howell Park render, Feb 5, 2018, 4.png

• Like 2

Tennessean site? That's the Dynatech building!

I did not know Asurion was planning a move. So what's going to happen to their present building? That's the lowrise at KVB and First/Second, right? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

nice one, that's exciting!

their old space has been so many things, including the mix factory nightclub. that building is a survivor, lol.

44 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Tennessean site? That's the Dynatech building!

I did not know Asurion was planning a move. So what's going to happen to their present building? That's the lowrise at KVB and First/Second, right? 

Actually, the really important question is what's going to happen to that ugly surface lot they're using for parking?  :tw_blush:

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 2

If anyone wants to move the info to the proper thread , feel free. Hard to do on my tablt as i cant sed thunder. Also the location of this is on a surface lot, not the building itself.

I have no idea where this belongs.  Maybe the Tennessean site.  But I give you, the new Asurion HQ.  
Ground breaking Q1 2019 and finish by end of 2021.  Church and 11th.  
B05CDC62-C786-433B-879D-FB8DF5ADF791.thumb.jpeg.38698ff8fd511da347c75e77d86b3af0.jpeg
B0761321-BBB2-4E00-9B30-23BD9002AE7F.thumb.jpeg.17cd20e566279944042c34dfb689fe1c.jpeg

Looks like a copy of what is being proposed across the street at Nashville Yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

42 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

If anyone wants to move the info to the proper thread , feel free. Hard to do on my tablt as i cant sed thunder. Also the location of this is on a surface lot, not the building itself.

I haven't figured out how to do that, yet.

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

I’m confused. I thought the Tennessean building was off of Broadway?

The property is on broadway, 11th, and 12th. The main building touches all three roads, but there are also pieces of property that run along 11th near the 11 north apartments. 

• Like 1

Fifth Ave. Storage (6 stories) update. Foundational dig nearly complete.

Looking west from intersection of Ash Street and Lafayette:

Fifth Ave Storage, Jan 27, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from intersection of Ash Street and Lafayette:

Fifth Ave Storage, Jan 27, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1