smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Recommended Posts

That is a surprise to me. In fact, I would question my agent and or investment advisor if actual money 'in' was required... anything other than a token investment for appearances.

 

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Each situation is different, but in most cases, they are investing as well as getting a partial stake by attaching their name to a project. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, nashville_bound said:

That is a surprise to me. In fact, I would question my agent and or investment advisor if actual money 'in' was required... anything other than a token investment for appearances.

 

 

But that could all depend on what % of ownership they get.  If they get a 20% ownership for name usage...but maybe 30% with money "in" (as an example)...I could see where they may feel it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those places clear a metric ass ton of money. I can't see why it would be a bad investment, especially if you are lending your name and getting a percentage of that sweet sweet broadway money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, and I have worked to structure Brand integration deals in Hollywood and NYC for a decade, celebrities normally do not ante-up in these type of deals. It is normally either a licensing fee to use the name/likeness or an equity in lieu of payment arrangement. Now obviously the high the wattage of start power the better the terms, but in the Country music world we are talking about Superstar entertainers with these bars on lower broad.

That being said I have no first-hand knowledge in any of the deals we are discussing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I take a different view. Yes, the investment is a net positive, but B'way is losing its grit with these superstar BandathonBar&GrillMultiLevelMegaComplexes.... It seems like a razors edge and this one looks like the beast that knocks the whole thing off balance... I mean the multiple facades with LukeBryan, LukeBryan, LukeBryan, LukeBryan (whose bar is it, again?) pasted all over them just seem too much to me.. As it's looking like the only entities who will be able to afford B'way soon will be corporate (read "plastic"), could that be the nub of the "lack of diversity" criticism, we've been hearing lately?  So will Cab-a-Ray be coming downtown next? What about the other places from Branson by way of Music Valley Drive?  Are they next? 

I too am worried about Lower Broad losing its grittiness-it's starting to get way too swanky and perhaps even a bit oversaturated with this concept if the trend continues.

As for "Cabaret" I'm thinking the revitalized Printers Alley would be the perfect location for that concept.

I want to see the Alley lined with clubs from Church Street to Union Street! A good counterbalance to LoBro that would attract a different crowd.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broadway isn't genuine anymore.  It's not rough around the edges.  It's nice to have investment, but at what expense?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Broadway isn't genuine anymore.  It's not rough around the edges.  It's nice to have investment, but at what expense?

The current iteration is better than the era of Planet Hollywood and whatever else was down there (late 90's and early 00's)...but it is definitely moving past the pure, organic honky tonks into the realm of HUGE corporate "pop-culture" entertainment facilities.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ray built his Cab-a-Ray exactly where he wanted it-away from the chaos and traffic of downtown. I expect lots of his business is bus tours, convention groups, and older individuals coming through town who would not enjoy the downtown scene.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think Ray built his Cab-a-Ray exactly where he wanted it-away from the chaos and traffic of downtown. I expect lots of his business is bus tours, convention groups, and older individuals coming through town who would not enjoy the downtown scene.

Yeah...a lot of people don't want anything to do with the crowd down there.  It's kinda a "young" person's thing.  I worked with a guy from San Diego yesterday and he and his wife went down there for a few minutes and said it was just "too much" for them to handle.  He's 48.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nashwatcher said:

It's an economic driver for our city with millions in tax revenues generated from all the tourists flocking down there

So we should just let it loose it's identity because Luke Bryan wants to pander his name around it more like Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton?  Come on!

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...a lot of people don't want anything to do with the crowd down there.  It's kinda a "young" person's thing.  I worked with a guy from San Diego yesterday and he and his wife went down there for a few minutes and said it was just "too much" for them to handle.  He's 48.

It's a joke.  I encourage you to become a member of the facebook group: "a funny thing happened on broadway".  One week and you'll be embarrassed to call yourself a Nashvillian.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lexy said:

So we should just let it loose it's identity because Luke Bryan wants to pander his name around it more like Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton?  Come on!

It's a joke.  I encourage you to become a member of the facebook group: "a funny thing happened on broadway".  One week and you'll be embarrassed to call yourself a Nashvillian.

Lose it's identity? The buildings still give the feel for what it once was. We're lucky to have that. We're not going back in time and it's a lot better than a bunch of porn shops and high levels of crime (it's identity not long ago)

It's providing thousands of jobs throughout downtown. It's bringing in investment from all over the country. It's providing tax revenue that's helping our city on many other fronts. 

Glass half full.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Music City Center has purchased the triangular .45 acre lot at 417 Lafayette St. for $3.85 million.  It will primarily be utilized as a "marshaling center" (ie: parking) for equipment that it utilized for various conventions. 6 months ago, it appeared that the city was buying the lot for the south entrance to the tunnel for the failed Mass Transit Light Rail plan.  They eventually would like to control that whole block from Lafayette to 4th Ave. South, with Elm Street bordering on the north, and Ash St. on the south.

As Lafayette continues to transform in the next decade, it will be disappointing if this lot is still being utilized for parking/storage.  As it stands right now, there is an unnamed proposed hotel being planned on the lot just to the NE along Lafayette, the Heaven's Door Distillery (and potential boutique hotel) on the lot just to the north,  the Stanza Hotel (although that might be in severe hibernation) to the SE along Lafayette, LifeStyle Communities SoBro residential development a block to the east, etc. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/07/12/music-city-center-buys-downtown-land-4-m-pursuit-entire-city-block/778911002/
 

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.44.57 PM.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Music City Center has purchased the triangular .45 acre lot at 417 Lafayette St. for $3.85 million.  It will primarily be utilized as a "marshaling center" (ie: parking) for equipment that it utilized for various conventions. 6 months ago, it appeared that the city was buying the lot for the south entrance to the tunnel for the failed Mass Transit Light Rail plan.  They eventually would like to control that whole block from Lafayette to 4th Ave. South, with Elm Street bordering on the north, and Ash St. on the south.

As Lafayette continues to transform in the next decade, it will be disappointing if this lot is still being utilized for parking/storage.  As it stands right now, there is an unnamed proposed hotel being planned on the lot just to the NE along Lafayette, the Heaven's Door Distillery (and potential boutique hotel) on the lot just to the north,  the Stanza Hotel (although that might be in severe hibernation) to the SE along Lafayette, LifeStyle Communities SoBro residential development a block to the east, etc. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/07/12/music-city-center-buys-downtown-land-4-m-pursuit-entire-city-block/778911002/
 

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.44.57 PM.png

Do you think they're hoping this will eventually be utilized for some sort of mass transit that is to come?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Do you think they're hoping this will eventually be utilized for some sort of mass transit that is to come?

no in my opinion

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, that tunnel is going to happen.  and there will be a transit stop there.   it is just delayed a bit.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, Lexy said:

So we should just let it loose it's identity because Luke Bryan wants to pander his name around it more like Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton?  Come on!

It's a joke.  I encourage you to become a member of the facebook group: "a funny thing happened on broadway".  One week and you'll be embarrassed to call yourself a Nashvillian.

i hope i answered the admin questions correctly

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nashville sold its soul to tourism a long time ago.....might want to get used to it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could look at everything happening here with rainbows and Nashville tinted sunglasses, but I can't.  When naked men stand, drunk, outside of a bar on Broadway and women piss into the sewers, I think it's time to ask "at what expense?".  Take the homer glasses off and look at what's really happening downtown.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.