smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

15 hours ago, satalac said:

I love their commercials. Didn't know they even had brick and mortar stores. 

I’ve seen one of there stores in Cincinnati on the opposite side of the interstate from the ikea store. I normally see it just before I get off at the exit on my way to ikea. It’s beside there top golf complex.

Edited by Buildtall

12 hours ago, Lexy said:

I wish I could look at everything happening here with rainbows and Nashville tinted sunglasses, but I can't.  When naked men stand, drunk, outside of a bar on Broadway and women piss into the sewers, I think it's time to ask "at what expense?".  Take the homer glasses off and look at what's really happening downtown.

source?

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

source?

Why would he need a source for that, if he or someone he knows witnessed it? I can totally believe it happened on lower broad, it’s not exactly Disney world. I see super trashy crap every time I go there and my wife was groped a few years ago on LB so someone urinating into a drain isn’t unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Of course that stuff happens. Part of that is why it is so popular with tourists, people can act a fool and get away with it. If people don't care for it they do not have to go. But the current Broadway/2nd environment is dramatically better than 20 years ago. 

Oh I’m not arguing that, I completely think broadway is preferable now than it was 25 years ago. I only found fault with someone wanting a source for what’s clearly one individuals story about something nasty happening on LB. It would be like me demanding a source if you complained that your neighbor let his dog crap in your yard a lot. Like why would there be something published about something as trivial (albeit disgusting) as public nudity or urination, especially if they weren’t arrested. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, samsonh said:

Of course that stuff happens. Part of that is why it is so popular with tourists, people can act a fool and get away with it. 

Broadway is popular because of public urination and indecent exposure?  I learn something new every day :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Oh I’m not arguing that, I completely think broadway is preferable now than it was 25 years ago. I only found fault with someone wanting a source for what’s clearly one individuals story about something nasty happening on LB. It would be like me demanding a source if you complained that your neighbor let his dog crap in your yard a lot. Like why would there be something published about something as trivial (albeit disgusting) as public nudity or urination, especially if they weren’t arrested. 

Chill brah.  The OP didn't word it as they had seen it themselves, they worded it like it was a known fact.  Taking into account the latter, I asked for a source because it would be amusing to see a reputable news outlet have to run that story.

2 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Chill brah.  The OP didn't word it as they had seen it themselves, they worded it like it was a known fact.  Taking into account the latter, I asked for a source because it would be amusing to see a reputable news outlet have to run that story.

Not everything makes it onto the news at 10.  Trust me.  So much happens on Broadway that only gets shared on social media that it would make your head spin.  My sources are the people that work that street every night and their cameras.  Broadway has turned into a white trash destination with a decent helping of soon-to-be brides thrown in acting fools.  It's really embarrassing.

5 hours ago, Lexy said:

Broadway has turned into a white trash destination with a decent helping of soon-to-be brides thrown in acting fools.  It's really embarrassing.

You mean it wasn't before?:tw_open_mouth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I bet most of those good people who spend their hard-earned income down on LoBro don't realize they're white trash.  Someone needs to go down there and let them know.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am in Denver as I type this...just returned from dinner, and I have to say LoDo has the very same crowd, albeit with a LOT more homeless people. And speaking of... around here they are aggressive and hostile. 

BTW...downtown Denver is booming with residential and office towers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmtunafish said:

The spires were originally intended to be radio antennas.  Further talks and regulations made that an impossibility somewhere along the line.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, titanhog said:

I bet most of those good people who spend their hard-earned income down on LoBro don't realize they're white trash.  Someone needs to go down there and let them know.  :thumbsup:

100% this, they can be whatever they want to be as long as they leave their money here when they go.

• Like 4

Library Garage (2 additional floors, new cladding) update.  Complete.  Sure wish they would've created street-level activation.  Perhaps that is in the long-term thinking, as this corner is going to become quite busy with foot traffic in coming years when the Courthouse and Nashville Yards are complete. 

Looking NE from intersection of Commerce St. and 7th Ave. North:

Library Garage, July 12, 2018.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

To lighten the mood. I would pay an untold amount of dollars to be on Broadway if this happened. Hahahahaha

It would be even funnier if there were tourist in the back of the tractor.