smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

14 hours ago, e-dub said:

Are you talking about things like the fridge and dishwashers being smaller than they'd need to be for a full on family?

I think all but the largest of these in any building would be hell for a family beyond three people. I just don't think 505 has any stand out feature, from the views to the finishes to the amenities it is just meh.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leif said:

I think all but the largest of these in any building would be hell for a family beyond three people. I just don't think 505 has any stand out feature, from the views to the finishes to the amenities it is just meh.

I can respect that.  Architecturally,  it's nothing special.  I haven't been inside yet so I can't comment on that.

14 hours ago, Leif said:

The units in 505 are all like mazes; tiny entrance hallways which lead to tiny kitchens, which connect to  tiny living rooms, which have odd bedroom door placements opening in odd ways to the bedrooms, and then to contorted bathrooms. And this is in every type of unit; one bed, two bed, even the penthouse layouts are bizarre. 

Harry O's (5 stories) update.

Looking across Broadway from just east of 3rd Ave. intersection:

Harry Os, July 28, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Broadway and 3rd Ave:

Harry Os, July 28, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking north along 3rd Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Broadway:

Harry Os, July 28, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The units in 505 are all like mazes; tiny entrance hallways which lead to tiny kitchens, which connect to  tiny living rooms, which have odd bedroom door placements opening in odd ways to the bedrooms, and then to contorted bathrooms. And this is in every type of unit; one bed, two bed, even the penthouse layouts are bizarre. 

This about sums up my thoughts from when I toured the 505 when it first opened. 

I wasn’t blown away by the interior finishes either. 

Yea, I am sort of with you. I lived out of hotels for about 7 years and many of the rooms were larger than these units. I have a problem being a minimalist. Just not my cup of tea, what  the hey.... If it floats your boat, then do it.

22 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yea, I am sort of with you. I lived out of hotels for about 7 years and many of the rooms were larger than these units. I have a problem being a minimalist. Just not my cup of tea, what  the hey.... If it floats your boat, then do it.

Being a minimalist is fine....if they’re willing to price accordingly. It’s ridiculous to charge for luxury and then offer tiny and average though. 

I thought the interior finishes were good, but not eye popping. The bigger hangup for me was that the pool deck was going to be shared with all of the apartment renters and the Stay Alfred people. I can just imagine the crowds that will be present on weekends in June, and I don't think the condo owners should be having to fight over a spot at the pool. Just my opinion.....but I think they should have scrapped one or both of the tennis courts and used that additional space as condo-only pool area. 

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 3

Floor Plans for the Apts. in 505

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.13.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.14.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.14.29 AM.png

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Are there layouts anywhere? Where they trying something different and it just failed?

Edited by nashville_bound
  • Like 2

Those are similar, but the ones posted are the apartment and Stray Alfred floor plans. The condos start on floor 30 or 31 and somewhere in the mid-30s half of the elevator banks go away since they are only for the lower floors. 

Edited by Hey_Hey

3 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Those are similar, but the ones posted are the apartment and Stray Alfred floor plans. The condos start on floor 30 or 31 and somewhere in the mid-30s half of the elevator banks go away since they are only for the lower floors. 

https://505condos.com/floor-plans/

Criminal Justice Center (6 stories) update.

Looking NE from intersection of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center, July 28, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of 2nd Ave. North and Gay St:

Criminal Justice Center, July 28, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1

Nice feature behind the NBJ paywall on Bill Miller and all the energy, good will, and excellence he is bringing to his downtown attractions:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/16/how-johnny-cash-fan-became-nashville-power-player.html

Bill Miller.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 3.45.41 PM.png

1. Johnny Cash Museum/Patsy Cline Museum

2. Merle Haggard Museum and Meat & Three

3. Nudie's honky Tonk

4. Skull's Rainbow Room and Southern Turf Building on Printers Alley

5. Federal Reserve Building

6. 2nd Ave. North property

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 3.46.00 PM.png

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, fishsticks176 said:

House of Cards is his too, isn’t it?

Yes, I believe you are correct. It is on the basement level of the Johnny Cash Museum building, I think.

Olmsted apartments in downtown Nashville will actively encourage current tenants to Airbnb their apartments and a part of the complex will be turned into strictly Airbnb rentals.   From my experience as an owner in a  resort condo at the beach, the people living there full time hate or dislike the tourists coming and going and this complex in Nashville will probably be no different.  These short termers will be in town to have FUN and that might not jive with the working people who need sleep.   If I was a tenant there I would demand  my lease be broken.   

Read the article here https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2018/08/16/airbnb-investment-in-apartment-buildings-irks-tenants?tp=i-H43-Bb-2cl-4QtPb-1p-CQel-1c-4QzOC-mCGE4&om_rid=65514879&Om_ntype=RMOdaily&om_mid=10091

funny no word about it on their website for Olmsted  https://www.olmstednashville.com/    More spaces for bachelorette parties I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Olmsted apartments in downtown Nashville will actively encourage current tenants to Airbnb their apartments and a part of the complex will be turned into strictly Airbnb rentals.   From my experience as an owner in a  resort condo at the beach, the people living there full time hate or dislike the tourists coming and going and this complex in Nashville will probably be no different.  These short termers will be in town to have FUN and that might not jive with the working people who need sleep.   If I was a tenant there I would demand  my lease be broken.   

I would not be surprised to see some of these tenants take this to litigation.      One of the current tenants was quoted in an article as saying she received assurances from the prior owner of Olmsted prior to signing a lease that STRs would not be allowed.     I would be surprised if there is any such commitment in her actual lease, but I would encourage that tenant to have an attorney read it closely and to look at the statements that were made by Olmsted employees to induce her to sign a lease.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

House of Cards is his too, isn’t it?

Yes it is.  Good guy and good family too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

I would not be surprised to see some of these tenants take this to litigation.      One of the current tenants was quoted in an article as saying she received assurances from the prior owner of Olmsted prior to signing a lease that STRs would not be allowed.     I would be surprised if there is any such commitment in her actual lease, but I would encourage that tenant to have an attorney read it closely and to look at the statements that were made by Olmsted employees to induce her to sign a lease.   

I spoke with a current resident last night who is not at all pleased.  He didn't mention the word "litigation" but said that others have, for the reason stated above.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 12:27 PM, titanhog said:

Question for all of you guys about SoBro.

What do you feel is missing from this growing area that doesn't seem to be included in the current building trend?  Retail?  Entertainment?

Residential

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nvestnbna said:

Residential

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree. Lots of hotels, but we need a lot more residential. 

The good thing is that this should be getting remedied a bit with the construction of LC Sobro and City Lights ongoing and the start of sixth ave south rumored to be soon. Another good thing is that there is plenty of space for more residences if someone has the money and will to go for it.