smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Not perfect, but I don't mind. Having some 15-19 story mass along KVB right through here will be good. And they'll be putting the curb cuts on 5th, which is good in my opinion.  Coming down KVB from the roundabout, you'll get a nice canyon effect I think.

I imagine the final design to be something similar to taking this, hacking off 5-6 floors on each respectively, and rotating one 90 degrees. This is a proposed duo in LA.

60995775.jpg

Not the SoBro announcement I was hoping for. The brands could have certainly been better, but a couple of decent-sized infill hotels cannot hurt. Let's just cross our fingers and hope we end with some respectable designs. The SpringHill suites atop the garage worries me a bit. 

Here's the Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites tower that North Point just completed in Midtown Atlanta. Looks like this project of theirs contains some retail, but I'm not loving the garage portion. 

Rendering_FP.jpg

Yikes that's ugly. 

The tone of the board is rather depressing today.  I hope the weather improves and we all become a bit more optimistic.

Sorry.  Guess I sort of fueled it.  Overall, I am still excited for the new developments in downtown Nashville.

Also, I was just reading the article by WW and noticed that it is in the very same block that the Hilton Garden Inn will go up.  So if I could for a moment, just think about the 12-Story HGI on the east side of Almond Street, and this dual-flag "block" of a 14 and 16 story building on the west side of Almond Street.  So together between 4th and 5th, that would be a substantial block of buildings, which will be pretty cool in its own right.

Additionally, there are persistent rumors that the anticipated full-service hotel will go on the KVB block between 6th and 5th, which would also be pretty cool, as it would presumably be near the same height as the Omni.  So adjacent to each other, SoBro would have four contiguous blocks of buildings between 100 ft. and 200 ft. tall... VERY SOLID.  And if much of the elements of the recent SoBro study are followed, then there will be many many restaurants and bars on 4th/5th/6th and 7th on the blocks south of KVB.  Also that will be where the residential will go, but they would not be able to put up towers there.  So we can expect several big-block apartment buildings like are being built in Germantown and midtown. So overall, that will be cool stuff too. 

If only somebody would come up with theatre, entertainment, shopping and a new tallest for Nashville... not asking too much right [wink].

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Yikes that's ugly. 

The tone of the board is rather depressing today.  I hope the weather improves and we all become a bit more optimistic.

No joke. Not that we should be fawning over this....but hell guys, it's nothing to be depressed about. We haven't even seen the final plans, much less a rendering.

• Like 4

William,

Can you get on Swerdling's case about the 2nd/3rd/Broadway full service hotel? See if you can dig anything up on what they are planning, how far along they are, etc? Yeah that'd be great.

These will have the chance to make some impact I guess. Just wished for better brands.

DMills,

I've called Bob Swerdling a few times. No response.

WW

I imagine the final design to be something similar to taking this, hacking off 5-6 floors on each respectively, and rotating one 90 degrees. This is a proposed duo in LA.

60995775.jpg

Hmm, that's not turrible, but if may look worse if shorter.  At least, they will be in an L shape.  :dontknow:

Hopefully, street level activation will be a part of this.  At least, in the TN Patel said something about not necessarily having a restaurant in the hotel, but nearby?

Yikes that's ugly. 

Yeah, a week straight of rain does that! :cry:

Anyways, despite all of our grumblings there are good discussion points.  Yes, we should be thrilled with the activity, but at the same time we can demand more!! :P

I am overly cautious about what I say and do not say anything until I get the OK from others I talk to.

Producer has the information I have as well. I still think there may be a few other unannounced projects to come. I know there are a lot of companies looking at Nashville (SOBRO) for hotel projects.

I dont think you will see a Grand Hyatt in Nashville because of the current locations they are in now. Much larger markts.

USA California

Grand Hyatt San FranciscoManchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Colorado

Grand Hyatt Denver

D.C.

Grand Hyatt Washington

Florida

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Georgia

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Hawaii

Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa

New York

Grand Hyatt New York

North Dakota

HYATT house Minot

Texas

Grand Hyatt DFWGrand Hyatt San Antonio

Washington

Grand Hyatt Seattle

The surprise is Minot ND. I didnt even know they had people there. :dontknow:  :shok:  :cold:

I dont think you will see a Grand Hyatt in Nashville because of the current locations they are in now. Much larger markts.

USA California

Grand Hyatt San FranciscoManchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Colorado

Grand Hyatt Denver

D.C.

Grand Hyatt Washington

Florida

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Georgia

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Hawaii

Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa

New York

Grand Hyatt New York

North Dakota

HYATT house Minot

Texas

Grand Hyatt DFWGrand Hyatt San Antonio

Washington

Grand Hyatt Seattle

The surprise is Minot ND. I didnt even know they had people there. :dontknow:  :shok:  :cold:

DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS.

I was reading your list and just read "North Dakota' because anybody actually visiting ND  could all fit into one hotel. But Tampa Bay has one, so that might work out for us...

Edited by dmillsphoto

I was reading your list and just read "North Dakota' because anybody actually visiting ND  could all fit into one hotel. But Tampa Bay has one, so that might work out for us...

I agree:  If Tampa and San Antonio have Grand Hyatt hotels, then maybe Hyatt will put Nashville on their radar.  I wonder how long those hotels have been in place there.  Nashville is very much an up-and-coming destination in a way that those cities were before they reached their current state. 

If I were a dreamer, I would say a Park Hyatt.  Those are very nice but very pricey.  The one on Michigan Ave in Chicago is even in a Lucien LaGrange building exactly like one of the early iterations of the Signature Tower!

But then the realistic side of me takes over and says, Hyatt Regency.

If people are thinking about putting other high end hotels here, I don't see why Grand Hyatt wouldn't be a possibility. That doesn't mean it's a sure thing...but if we have a supposed shortage of high end hotels, well, why doesn't someone attempt to serve that market?

And Brett, I wanted to say Park Hyatt, too...but then I looked at their locations and it appeared we were well out of our league. Seemed like they locate mostly in World Cities. Grand Hyatt, as mentioned, looks like they serve regional cities as well as the big boys. Park Hyatt would be a wonderful dream, though.

Edited by UTgrad09

If people are thinking about putting other high end hotels here, I don't see why Grand Hyatt wouldn't be a possibility. That doesn't mean it's a sure thing...but if we have a supposed shortage of high end hotels, well, why doesn't someone attempt to serve that market?

And Brett, I wanted to say Park Hyatt, too...but then I looked at their locations and it appeared we were well out of our league. Seemed like they locate mostly in World Cities. Grand Hyatt, as mentioned, looks like they serve regional cities as well as the big boys. Park Hyatt would be a wonderful dream, though.

Not saying we are...or aren't a world city, but wasn't Nashville just named a top city to see in the WORLD? :dontknow:

• Like 1