smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Still waiting on to see who got TIF. I can't believe they have not let the public know yet. I am pulling for Swerdling so Tony can focus on The Sobro.

Have we discussed this Rutledge Hill project here or is this a new one?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130522/BUSINESS02/305220106

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.155865,-86.769885&spn=0.001737,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=36.155756,-86.769817&panoid=bxdB5yDWbjRUgqnLJ1jmnA&cbp=12,13.19,,0,-9.59

An 8 story apartment building there would be fantastic. This is the type of development that gets me a little giddy...because it's one of those things that will help bridge the Rutledge/Rolling Mill Hill to SoBro.

• Like 1

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.155865,-86.769885&spn=0.001737,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=36.155756,-86.769817&panoid=bxdB5yDWbjRUgqnLJ1jmnA&cbp=12,13.19,,0,-9.59

An 8 story apartment building there would be fantastic. This is the type of development that gets me a little giddy...because it's one of those things that will help bridge the Rutledge/Rolling Mill Hill to SoBro.

90-100 feet in front of Crema will be great. I love it.

Have we discussed this Rutledge Hill project here or is this a new one?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130522/BUSINESS02/305220106

To answer your question this is a new one along with another planned development at the round about on Music row.

Things seem to be heating up a little more.

Sounds like he has an idea, he needs the equity though. That's the most important part.

Not saying he won't get it, but that's an aggressive timeline

I really like the sound of both of those, but the one in Rutledge Hill particularly would have such a great effect on the area, hopefully they can get them both built.

The one project that has stalled is the Hilton Garden Inn on Almond Street. I have my doubts about this one. Demolition was over back in February and since then nothing.

I get the bowling alley with the diner part.  I'm having more trouble pairing that with high-end craft cocktails and a Catbird Seat-type menu adjacent to a wading pool.  This is definitely an interesting proposal.

Wow, John is going to have a bowling alley he can walk to. I think maybe he needs to move back to Bellevue. Things are getting too good for him.

• Like 1

As long as they don't make it uber expensive/exclusive, that should be a wonderful asset for the neighborhood.

Dave and Busters with 15$ cocktails...

Dave and Busters with 15$ cocktails...

If only Steve McNair had waited a few years...

Wow, John is going to have a bowling alley he can walk to. I think maybe he needs to move back to Bellevue. Things are getting too good for him.

Or...Cool Springs. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Wait, which Cool Springs?  Cool Springs?  Cool Springs East?  Cool Springs East East?

What about Cool Springs Northeast (aka Streets of Indian Lake) or Cool Springs Southeast (The Avenue)?

LOL! I gave up bowling a few years ago! Seriously, this building is not large enough for a regulation bowling lane. The building has to be at least 100 feet deep. The approach and lane is 78 feet plus an additional 15-20 feet at the end of the lane for machinery, the ball return etc...

The USBC does not certify these types of "bowling"centers because most of the time they are not actual regulation lanes. This is like a penny arcade bowling lane. Not the real thing, but folks will have fun when they don't know the difference. These so called lanes will be way short of the regulation 78 feet. (63 feet from the foul line to the back of the pin deck and the approach is 15 feet.)

I would be shocked if these lanes are "real"

Just a little observation, but after I grabbed my new plates downtown, I took a drive up KVB. The corner at 6th has a backhoe on site and is fenced off. I haven't seen any demo permits in lieu of the Spring Hill Suites, so anybody want to guess that this might be a go? Also, workers were on site at the Hilton on Almond.

LOL! I gave up bowling a few years ago! Seriously, this building is not large enough for a regulation bowling lane. The building has to be at least 100 feet deep. The approach and lane is 78 feet plus an additional 15-20 feet at the end of the lane for machinery, the ball return etc...

The USBC does not certify these types of "bowling"centers because most of the time they are not actual regulation lanes. This is like a penny arcade bowling lane. Not the real thing, but folks will have fun when they don't know the difference. These so called lanes will be way short of the regulation 78 feet. (63 feet from the foul line to the back of the pin deck and the approach is 15 feet.)

I would be shocked if these lanes are "real"

Maybe it can be a senior lane for all of us 50 and older. The closer the pins the better.

Just a little observation, but after I grabbed my new plates downtown, I took a drive up KVB. The corner at 6th has a backhoe on site and is fenced off. I haven't seen any demo permits in lieu of the Spring Hill Suites, so anybody want to guess that this might be a go? Also, workers were on site at the Hilton on Almond.

Also the delay on the HGI is due to Metro. The final site plat is now being approved as are a few other projects.

The final reading of the budget is this week or next. WW said we should know who got the hotel TIF by July. Could be another 6 week wait for us built environment junkies to find out if it's Tony,  Swerdling, or some other entity.

The final reading of the budget is this week or next. WW said we should know who got the hotel TIF by July. Could be another 6 week wait for us built environment junkies to find out if it's Tony,  Swerdling, or some other entity.

I think a refresher on how TIF works may be best.

Here is a decent site I got from a simple Google search. http://www.businessinthedistrict.com/pdf/What_is_TIF.pdf