smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

The Metropolitan Nashville Historical Commission has recognized Nashville-based Feltus Hawkins Design with a Preservation Award for outstanding architectural and restoration work related to the recently opened Noelle Hotel.

Built in 1929 as one of the city’s luxury hotels, the structure stands at the entrance to Printer’s Alley and served as a bank and an office building before the four-year rehabilitation and restoration process yielded a reinvention as a hotel.

“We really dug into the building’s past and the colorful history of the downtown area to create a boutique hotel that is viable in today’s economy, but also forges an emotional tie with the past,” David Hawkins, FH Design principal and architect of record for the Noelle Hotel restoration, said in the release.

The renovation of the building included preserving the entrance, lobby, mezzanine and exterior. The firm also designed the guestrooms, rooftop bar and all public spaces. The effort preserved the double-height lobby intact with its terrazzo floors, pink marble stairs, marble columns and walls, and brass railings.

The rehabilitation began in 2014 and included a modern addition Hawkins designed. The 11-story addition of floor-to-ceiling glass and aluminum façade wraps 63 new guest rooms on the historic hotel’s east side overlooking Printer’s Alley and the Cumberland River.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/odds-ends/article/21008438/of-note-8-june-2018

• Like 4

Many of the joints on Broadway are not really hosting “country” bands. Lots of very loud rock band cover tunes blaring out into the streets! I wish we’d get more actual country/bluegrass/americana music out there.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, markhollin said:

Was speaking to a local brewer who deals with all of the bars/restaurants downtown.  He blew me away when he said the several dozen bars along Broadway, and a few along 2nd and 3rd Avenues annually generate between $12 and $25 MILLION in gross sales EACH.  Yowzers!  

I ve heard similar numbers that just blow other bar owners outside down town away.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bhibbs said:

super random, but, I really think the Olmsted came out as a really handsome building....noticed that while out and about with my wife this weekend.

My girlfriend absolutely loves that building. I feel sorry for the residents though, because it will be surrounded by 4 hotels. Talk about not a real cohesive neighborhood

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

My girlfriend absolutely loves that building. I feel sorry for the residents though, because it will be surrounded by 4 hotels. Talk about not a real cohesive neighborhood

It’s going to get there. That neighborhood is a work in progress but it’s going to be a really cool mixed-use neighborhood in 10 years or so. With a higher percentage of hotel rooms than most neighborhoods, of course. 

• Like 4

Criminal Justice Center (6 stories, $113 million) update.

Looking north from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and James Robertson Parkway:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north along 3rd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of James Robertson Parkway:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Gay St. and 2nd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Something like this needs to go up at the 8th/KVB roundabout. 

41334889542_98dbb5e1b2_h.jpg

1000000% agree!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 9:21 PM, MLBrumby said:

Something like this needs to go up at the 8th/KVB roundabout. 

41334889542_98dbb5e1b2_h.jpg

Only problem is there are three parcels left on the round about and one is The Mainland Tower, one is a Tony lot, and the other is the AME publishing house, and I may have heard something about what may go there,  Oh and Demitrius Kalodemos lot. Three more highrises i will bet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Only problem is there are three parcels left on the round about and one is The Mainland Tower, one is a Tony lot, and the other is the AME publishing house, and I may have heard something about what may go there,  Oh and Demitrius Kalodemos lot. Three more highrises i will bet.

Boo hoo:cry:

If three 30 story towers are built around the roundabout, then we will not be able to see stix

• Like 1
  • Haha 1