smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

28 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I might decide to visit the more local areas as opposed to areas like Broadway, Where most tourists flock to. I believe I can find an area alike to Midtown in Charlotte as we have one too, So i might save that for another visit. I can’t tell you where I’m staying as I don’t even know yet, still browsing for a room. If I can’t find one I might have to leave for home. Thanks for feedback, Ngetaive and Positive alike! It helps me learn from my mistakes!

Good luck finding a room downtown (that's within a decent price range)...especially with the 4th celebrations coming up.

• Like 1

Many available rooms due to the vast amount of hotels, No prices I’m willing to pay. Wish me luck! If not I’ve already had a decent day so traveling home wouldn’t kill me! Thanks for advice!

Can we not get into a fight? Charlotte is more dense than Nashville if that’s what you’re trying to prove. 

Nashville - 1,300 Per square mile

Charlotte -  2,457 per square mile

Edited by Cadi40

2 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Can we not get into a fight? Charlotte is more dense than Nashville if that’s what you’re trying to prove. 

Nashville - 1,300 Per square mile

Charlotte -  2,457 per square mile

I believe you were trolling, but that's no reason for me to be rude. I'm sorry.

Edited by Flatrock
I was rude
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Sorry, It’s hard to stop when I’m having a debate. Thanks for calling me a troll, really made me feel the Southern hospitality!

Edited by Cadi40

Actually, That would help Charlotte’s case. Nashville is a larger area with a lower population, and Charlotte is a smaller area with a higher population. Therefore, Nashville being a larger area with lower density, Contributes to it being sprawling, Which there’s nothing necessarily wrong with that. Now if I don’t have a reason to respond again I won’t. Sorry! 

1 minute ago, Cadi40 said:

Actually, That would help Charlotte’s case. Nashville is a larger area with a lower population, and Charlotte is a smaller area with a higher population. Therefore, Nashville being a larger area with lower density, Contributes to it being sprawling, Which there’s nothing necessarily wrong with that. Now if I don’t have a reason to respond again I won’t. Sorry! 

That's not really how that works, but ok. Enjoy your visit.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Thank you for the support! I’m sorry if I made any negative comments that offended anyone, It wasn’t mean’t on purpose and I deeply apologize for stirring the pot. Anyways, I agree! Charlotte is earning a nightlife and dining scene but it’s not quite Nashville, I’m enjoying my trip and can’t wait to explore some more tomorrow after I FINALLY found a reasonable price at the Hyatt. Talk soon! I had good intentions I promise!

Here is something uniquely Nashville that you might enjoy (yet could easily be overlooked).

https://countrymusichalloffame.org/contentpages/string-city

• Like 1

I’ll have to see! That looks interesting! I’m not a huge country music fan myself (I’ve always lived near or in a large city and grew up in Miami, Never got into it) but that exhibit looks great! 

• Like 1

Enjoy your visit Cadi!

I think you will be blown away by the numbers of pecestrians as not many cities the size of Nashville have just tons of tourist. I am not into Country Music either, but a walk down Broadway is always worth the walk when visiting.

Make sure you see the Parthenon. We are very fortunate to have a decent number of civic and cultural buildings.

Let us know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

Conclusion on my visit - I’ll keep the negative criticism to a bare minimum...

As I end my night in Nashville, I reflect on what Charlotte can learn on. Charlotte can definitely take a little from Broadway, We don’t have a set entertainment street, It’s just scattered throughout the city. We don’t have that pedestrian atmosphere of tourists or visitors. Although visit Uptown during lunchtime for the office workers and it’ll look like Manhattan. Nashville could use some transit, But it didn’t have any negative effect on my visit, I functioned fine. Nashville is a wonderful city. Although, I was a little underwhelmed on the level of development that is currently happening but Its because the Charlotte UP just overhyped the development for me. Many similarities to Charlotte, as well as many differences. Both cities can learn and grow form eachother. From the bottom of my heart, I Thank You Nashville UPers for having me, I had a blast! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Conclusion on my visit - I’ll keep the negative criticism to a bare minimum...

As I end my night in Nashville, I reflect on what Charlotte can learn on. Charlotte can definitely take a little from Broadway, We don’t have a set entertainment street, It’s just scattered throughout the city. We don’t have that pedestrian atmosphere of tourists or visitors. Although visit Uptown during lunchtime for the office workers and it’ll look like Manhattan. Nashville could use some transit, But it didn’t have any negative effect on my visit, I functioned fine. Nashville is a wonderful city. Although, I was a little underwhelmed on the level of development that is currently happening but Its because the Charlotte UP just overhyped the development for me. Many similarities to Charlotte, as well as many differences. Both cities can learn and grow form eachother. From the bottom of my heart, I Thank You Nashville UPers for having me, I had a blast! 

Yeah, transit is a bit of a sore subject around these parts. But when you have people like the Koch Brothers pulling the strings, things typically don't turn out how they should. I really wish we could get something going like the Lynx. Maybe one day.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, satalac said:

Yeah, transit is a bit of a sore subject around these parts. But when you have people like the Koch Brothers pulling the strings, things typically don't turn out how they should. I really wish we could get something going like the Lynx. Maybe one day.

Yep...it's all the Koch Bros fault.  All of the majority liberals in Davidson County take their cues from the Koch Bros. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Thank you for the support! I’m sorry if I made any negative comments that offended anyone, It wasn’t mean’t on purpose and I deeply apologize for stirring the pot. Anyways, I agree! Charlotte is earning a nightlife and dining scene but it’s not quite Nashville, I’m enjoying my trip and can’t wait to explore some more tomorrow after I FINALLY found a reasonable price at the Hyatt. Talk soon! I had good intentions I promise!

Good grief! Sorry for the attitude ya got here. The few do not represent the majority here and we truly welcome your outsider comments. Having a knowledgeable person visit and offer observations are valuable. Sometimes the truth hurts!

As for saying you are a little "underwhelmed" by the development here, that is because we currently don't have any projects that are 20 floors up! We have several towers (34, 27, 26, 23, 22, etc) that are currently no higher than the fifth floor! So, yeah, it's kinda odd right now with so much going on, but no cranes currently high in the sky. You're 6 months early! Haha (that means you have to come back next year!) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

Yep...it's all the Koch Bros fault.  All of the majority liberals in Davidson County take their cues from the Koch Bros. 

giphy.gif

Well when the anti-transit campaigns are quietly funded by them, the majority liberals just hear "this is a bad idea", not "the Devil's minions think this is a bad idea and you should too". That's how subversive campaigns work. 

giphy.gif

Edited by satalac
  • Like 2