Jump to content

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, e-dub said:

Are you talking about things like the fridge and dishwashers being smaller than they'd need to be for a full on family?

I think all but the largest of these in any building would be hell for a family beyond three people. I just don't think 505 has any stand out feature, from the views to the finishes to the amenities it is just meh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a good shot of the downtown core today.   

Somewhat strange looking condo project featured in today's Nashville Post by William:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21143024/fall-start-eyed-for-p

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Leif said:

I think all but the largest of these in any building would be hell for a family beyond three people. I just don't think 505 has any stand out feature, from the views to the finishes to the amenities it is just meh.

I can respect that.  Architecturally,  it's nothing special.  I haven't been inside yet so I can't comment on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leif said:

I think all but the largest of these in any building would be hell for a family beyond three people. I just don't think 505 has any stand out feature, from the views to the finishes to the amenities it is just meh.

The units in 505 are all like mazes; tiny entrance hallways which lead to tiny kitchens, which connect to  tiny living rooms, which have odd bedroom door placements opening in odd ways to the bedrooms, and then to contorted bathrooms. And this is in every type of unit; one bed, two bed, even the penthouse layouts are bizarre. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The units in 505 are all like mazes; tiny entrance hallways which lead to tiny kitchens, which connect to  tiny living rooms, which have odd bedroom door placements opening in odd ways to the bedrooms, and then to contorted bathrooms. And this is in every type of unit; one bed, two bed, even the penthouse layouts are bizarre. 

This about sums up my thoughts from when I toured the 505 when it first opened. 

I wasn’t blown away by the interior finishes either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yea, I am sort of with you. I lived out of hotels for about 7 years and many of the rooms were larger than these units. I have a problem being a minimalist. Just not my cup of tea, what  the hey.... If it floats your boat, then do it.

Being a minimalist is fine....if they’re willing to price accordingly. It’s ridiculous to charge for luxury and then offer tiny and average though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the interior finishes were good, but not eye popping. The bigger hangup for me was that the pool deck was going to be shared with all of the apartment renters and the Stay Alfred people. I can just imagine the crowds that will be present on weekends in June, and I don't think the condo owners should be having to fight over a spot at the pool. Just my opinion.....but I think they should have scrapped one or both of the tennis courts and used that additional space as condo-only pool area. 

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are similar, but the ones posted are the apartment and Stray Alfred floor plans. The condos start on floor 30 or 31 and somewhere in the mid-30s half of the elevator banks go away since they are only for the lower floors. 

Edited by Hey_Hey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice feature behind the NBJ paywall on Bill Miller and all the energy, good will, and excellence he is bringing to his downtown attractions:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/16/how-johnny-cash-fan-became-nashville-power-player.html

 

Bill Miller.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 3.45.41 PM.png

1. Johnny Cash Museum/Patsy Cline Museum

2. Merle Haggard Museum and Meat & Three

3. Nudie's honky Tonk

4. Skull's Rainbow Room and Southern Turf Building on Printers Alley

5. Federal Reserve Building

6. 2nd Ave. North property

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 3.46.00 PM.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Olmsted apartments in downtown Nashville will actively encourage current tenants to Airbnb their apartments and a part of the complex will be turned into strictly Airbnb rentals.   From my experience as an owner in a  resort condo at the beach, the people living there full time hate or dislike the tourists coming and going and this complex in Nashville will probably be no different.  These short termers will be in town to have FUN and that might not jive with the working people who need sleep.   If I was a tenant there I would demand  my lease be broken.   

Read the article here https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2018/08/16/airbnb-investment-in-apartment-buildings-irks-tenants?tp=i-H43-Bb-2cl-4QtPb-1p-CQel-1c-4QzOC-mCGE4&om_rid=65514879&Om_ntype=RMOdaily&om_mid=10091

funny no word about it on their website for Olmsted  https://www.olmstednashville.com/    More spaces for bachelorette parties I guess. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Olmsted apartments in downtown Nashville will actively encourage current tenants to Airbnb their apartments and a part of the complex will be turned into strictly Airbnb rentals.   From my experience as an owner in a  resort condo at the beach, the people living there full time hate or dislike the tourists coming and going and this complex in Nashville will probably be no different.  These short termers will be in town to have FUN and that might not jive with the working people who need sleep.   If I was a tenant there I would demand  my lease be broken.   

 

I would not be surprised to see some of these tenants take this to litigation.      One of the current tenants was quoted in an article as saying she received assurances from the prior owner of Olmsted prior to signing a lease that STRs would not be allowed.     I would be surprised if there is any such commitment in her actual lease, but I would encourage that tenant to have an attorney read it closely and to look at the statements that were made by Olmsted employees to induce her to sign a lease.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

I would not be surprised to see some of these tenants take this to litigation.      One of the current tenants was quoted in an article as saying she received assurances from the prior owner of Olmsted prior to signing a lease that STRs would not be allowed.     I would be surprised if there is any such commitment in her actual lease, but I would encourage that tenant to have an attorney read it closely and to look at the statements that were made by Olmsted employees to induce her to sign a lease.   

I spoke with a current resident last night who is not at all pleased.  He didn't mention the word "litigation" but said that others have, for the reason stated above.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nvestnbna said:

Residential

 

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree. Lots of hotels, but we need a lot more residential. 

The good thing is that this should be getting remedied a bit with the construction of LC Sobro and City Lights ongoing and the start of sixth ave south rumored to be soon. Another good thing is that there is plenty of space for more residences if someone has the money and will to go for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.