smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

A high-end restaurant would go there, but there'd be no parking w/o arrangement with neighbors AND there are sooooo many new high end restaurants in SoBro/Gulch right now. So that price will probably come down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

What is that log cabin looking thing behind the sign?

HGTV, temporary structure for CMA Fest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First Baptist Church addition (5 stories) update.  Core drilling underway.

Looking west from 6th Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Broadway:

First Baptist, June 2, 2019.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Historic Capitol Corridor Foundation has been formed to to help preserve the "historic, cultural and architectural integrity" of the Capitol corridor, which runs along Anne Dallas Dudley Boulevard between the State Capitol and the downtown branch of the Nashville Public Library, according to a news release. The street is capped on either end by the historic Hermitage Hotel and Church Street Park.

This appears to be a action group to directly oppose Tony Giarratana's development of the Paramount Tower on the site of Church Street pocket park.

A spokeswoman for the foundation said it was "too early to know whether the group will put forward specific recommendations or plans for the park," as the Hermitage team did in January. The release lists being involved in the discussion about the park's future as one of the group's top priorities.

In addition to unveiling its mission, the new foundation also announced its seven-member board of directors. Those board members include:

- Charles W. Bone, chairman, Bone McAllester Norton PLLC

- Ann Butterworth, assistant to the comptroller for public finance, Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury

- David Ewing, attorney and local historian

- Hal Hardin, attorney and former U.S. attorney

- Lee Molette, owner and founder, Molette Investment Services and Frank Stanton Developers

- Dee Patel, general manager, Hermitage Hotel

- Cary Slatery, member of the architectural control committee, Downtown Homeowner's Association

"We look forward to working with public officials, business leaders, downtown residents, and the broader community to ensure that we’re preserving and enhancing this special part of our city’s and state’s history," Ewing said in a statement. "As we look ahead to events such as commemorating Tennessee’s role in the ratification of the 19th Amendment next year, it is an appropriate time to come together to preserve and protect the notable places where that history unfolded."

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/14/group-forms-to-preserve-hotly-debated-downtown.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Maintain architectural integrity, but dont have anybody with architectural background on their board. No, I don't consider a rep for a homeowners association to have architectural credo. While I'm not a supporter of the development, I feel this is just a NIMBY group wanting to stall the whole corridor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was trying to figure out what they are trying to preserve. Yes there are the two churches and the Hermitage Hotel, but other than that a lot of the buildings are not protected. If they want to do something, then they need to get NHP put on the rest of the endangered structures, but I dont think that will happen as individuals own them and there were very zero local owners in that group.

• Like 3

Additionally, the Church Street Park could hardly be deemed "historical" either.  I believe it is not even 20 years old.   The structures that were torn down to build it were over a hundred years old, but I don't recall anyone squawking about that.  

• Like 2

Fifth Avenue Storage (6 stories, 242,000 sq. ft.) update.  Complete.

Looking SW from intersection of Ash St. and Lafayette St:

6th South Storage, June 2, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Ash St. and 5th Ave. South:

6th South Storage, June 2, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west from intersection of 4th Ave. South and Ash St:

6th South Storage, May 18, 2019.jpg

• Thanks 1

People spend a lot of money on tiny apartments and condos with insufficient storage space, then spend lots of money for storage to keep lots of stuff they will rarely, if ever, use or need! I don’t get it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

People spend a lot of money on tiny apartments and condos with insufficient storage space, then spend lots of money for storage to keep lots of stuff they will rarely, if ever, use or need! I don’t get it.

Have been looking at my checkbook?  My wife and I have realized that we will not be going back to a big house soon so we are Kondo-ing our way to less stuff.  "Does this item spark joy in you?"