smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Wasn't something like that planned for the first Swedling hotel proposed for the previous Trails End building and 'historians' screamed bloody murder? That building was demolished later for the Moxy hotel (IIRC). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Wasn't something like that planned for the first Swedling hotel proposed for the previous Trails End building and 'historians' screamed bloody murder? That building was demolished later for the Moxy hotel (IIRC). 

I thought Moxy was built on top of the existing building?

• Like 3

I think most of the old Trails West building was torn down for Kid Rocks new space. Only one section on Broadway was renovated for the Moxy. (look at google street view circa 2007)

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

The Capitol Hotel (711 Union St.) has been approved by the MDHA Design Review Committee today for the 5 story, 29 room addition to the 99 room hotel that would face Polk St. (across from the Ben West Library Building, which is now home to Hastings Architecture).  The addition will cover about 10,500 more sq. ft.  Studio A Architects out of Louisville is in charge of the design, with Ragan-Smith Assoc. also participating.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21083330/mdha-approves-downtown-hotel-addition

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 7.51.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 7.52.09 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

What design adjustments did they make? 

The article did not specify. All it said was the previous design failed to meet key design guidelines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What is that?

If you’re asking what is that boat, it’s the General Jackson. If you’re asking what is the Luck Reunion, hell if I know! Anybody?

That store is going to CLEAN UP.  I was surprised how much I went to the HG Hills when I lived on Church Street.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, e-dub said:

That store is going to CLEAN UP.  I was surprised how much I went to the HG Hills when I lived on Church Street.

Yes it is! All of the surrounding residents, office workers, and hotel/tourist traffic will keep this place packed. They opened this afternoon. 

• Like 2

Sonder, a short-term-rental company, is partnering with Mark Bloom to manage 8 units on the upper floors of 131 2nd Ave. North.  

The building's ownership group will create the units and lease them to Sonder, which touts hotel-caliber service like an around-the-clock concierge, keyless room entry, Nest thermostats and NoiseAware, a technology that alerts staff when a particular room is too noisy.

Metro permits show that the bottom floor of Bloom’s building will be a restaurant or bar. Bloom said no decisions have been made on what tenant or concept will fill that space.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/04/billion-dollar-short-term-rental-company.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Sonder, 131 2nd Ave. North, Sept 4, 2019, site.png

• Like 1

The DGX reminds me of a Tesco express or Sainsburys local in the UK but with probably less focus on meal prep or pre-made meals. So cool to see these stores opening.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, memphian said:

The DGX reminds me of a Tesco express or Sainsburys local in the UK but with probably less focus on meal prep or pre-made meals. So cool to see these stores opening.

I love Tesco, and Boots, which is owned by Walgreens, but in the UK, nothing beats Pret a Manger! I wish Nashville had one downtown or in 12th South. It would stay very busy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I love Tesco, and Boots, which is owned by Walgreens, but in the UK, nothing beats Pret a Manger! I wish Nashville had one downtown or in 12th South. It would stay very busy.

Ahh I LOVE Pret!  There is one in Chicago near where I work, and it is perfect for a high quality quick lunch or breakfast when you are short on time.  My go to combo is the salmon cobb salad and green pozole soup.  I agree, they would clean up with a location anywhere in Nashville's CBD.  

Edited by BnaBreaker

On 8/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, downtownresident said:

DGX in the base of the Sobro is almost complete. Items starting to be stocked on the shelves. Can’t wait for it to open!

23C1054C-BD83-4EE4-A014-4DC06C42F50F.jpeg

So how many downtown groceries do we have now? I believe there is one in the Viridian, a Whole foods coming to Endeavor, and a Publix at Capitol View. Do we have more?

• Like 1