smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

On 7/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, MLBrumby said:

Any revelation on the work being done here? 

I'm presuming it is maintenance of the stucco finish. Possibly cleaning and patching as needed.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, gannman said:

Sonic Automotive has an urban Audi in downtown Houston.  I'm sure it will be similar.

Audi.jpg

This location is on the southern border of the artsy Montrose district which extends from US 59 (aspiring to be I-69) on the south to Allen Parkway on the north. Across 59 is the very tony Southhampton  which abuts the Museum district with Rice U and the Texas Medica center and Hermann Park conglomerated all around. The southern end of downtown is probably 3 miles away.  Close in  incorporated township of West University Place is a mile or two in the other direction.  I would think the closest equivalent in Nashville would be 440 at 21st/ Hillsboro Rd. or West End.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Muse (5 stories, 51 units, ground level retail) update: Starting work on eastern elevator shaft/stairwell and foundation.

Looking south from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lindsley Ave:

Muse, July 14, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lindsley Ave:

Muse, July 14, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/19/2020 at 1:05 AM, dragonfly said:

This location is on the southern border of the artsy Montrose district which extends from US 59 (aspiring to be I-69) on the south to Allen Parkway on the north. Across 59 is the very tony Southhampton  which abuts the Museum district with Rice U and the Texas Medica center and Hermann Park conglomerated all around. The southern end of downtown is probably 3 miles away.  Close in  incorporated township of West University is a mile or two in the other direction.  I would think the closest equivalent in Nashville would be 440 at 21st/ Hillsboro Rd. or West End.

If Beaman stays on Broadway, they should consider doing something similar.  This is what I have been talking about car dealerships needing to do to limit their footprint with vast sales lots.  There are a couple of dealerships in Northern VA that use an empty multi-level garage at a now defunct shopping mall as their inventory lot.   They maintain a showroom nearby, but take customers over to the garage to view available cars.  It's perfect because the cars are in a covered space, which makes viewing the cars much better when it's exceptionally hot and when it's rainy or even snowing.  The plan is to tear down the mall and build a town center complex.  The parking structure is supposed to remain if it ever happens.  I'm not sure if the dealerships will still be able to use it at that point.

101-103 Lea Ave., often referred to as Rose Hill and the Rutledge-Baxter House (circa 1821) is being offered for sale at $3.5 million.  It covers 8,230 sq. ft. on its 2 floors, and sits on a .33 acre lot.  It currently houses a mental health service and a law office. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21140822/rutledge-hill-building-listed-for-sale-for-35m

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 8.04.14 AM.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

101-103 Lea Ave., often referred to as Rose Hill and the Rutledge-Baxter House (circa 1821) is being offered for sale at $3.5 million.  It covers 8,230 sq. ft. on its 2 floors, and sits on a .33 acre lot.  It currently houses a mental health service and a law office. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21140822/rutledge-hill-building-listed-for-sale-for-35m

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 8.04.14 AM.png

is this in danger of being demolished?

The Muse (5 stories, 51 units, ground level retail) update: Work progressing on both elevator shafts/stairwells and foundation.

Looking south from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lindsley Ave:

Muse, July 18, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lindsley Ave:

Muse, July 18, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Auntie Yock said:

^Are they going to do the sides in matching red brick as the front? It would look a whole lot nicer.

We don't know because they never published any renderings. Let's hope.  

A loft boutique hotel and residences are planned for the 2 story, 4,530 sq. ft.  building at 421 Union St. that has sold for $2 million.  Built in 1901, it has been home to a Japanese restaurant for the past 25 years. Patrick Pocklington is the new owner.  Daniels + Chandler architects and Eshelman Construction will handle the work.  It is expected to open in late 2021.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/07/31/421-union-street-sold-to-development-group.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21141895/downtown-building-sells-for-2m

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 4.46.27 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

According to the pdf, it looks as the building will have a white brick exterior except for the first floor and that looks to be a decorative white block. 

I think the modernist windows are the one thing that sort of detract, but overall I think this works. The red brick of the fire station stands out in contrast to the white of the new building,  a point that was made today during the meet.

• Like 4