CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

Does anyone know what sort of investor Rob Lowe is? I know he's very active in CRE (a broker, I believe), but does he have any record of historic properties?  And speaking of, is the Arcade protected by zoning? 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a good shot of the downtown core today.   

Somewhat strange looking condo project featured in today's Nashville Post by William:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21143024/fall-start-eyed-for-p

Posted Images

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Does anyone know what sort of investor Rob Lowe is? I know he's very active in CRE (a broker, I believe), but does he have any record of historic properties?  And speaking of, is the Arcade protected by zoning? 

The Arcade is part of the Fifth Avenue Historic District, which is a National Register District, so I believe it is protected by zoning.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I have met him. Very nice and I am glad he is investing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nightranger36 said:

I think this must be a one person constrution crew. Painfully slow for what it is. LOL

All construction in town is slow. Demand is so high that getting subcontractors is difficult. Weather further complicates things and throws off timetables.  

That building always looked rather like some of simple, but elegant facades of apartment buildings in Hell’s Kitchen NYC. (Some of those old buildings have suffered neglect, and many have been lost to redevelopment. Hell’s Kitchen isn’t as gritty as it once was.)

12th & Porter (114 12th Ave. North) will be getting a facelift and the new moniker, Nightscape: "a dynamic multi-sensory event and entertainment space customizable for technology-driven public experiences, private events and creative production services" (according to a press release).  the state-of-the-art facility will feature projection mapping that can be adapted for a myriad of settings. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/12/12thporter-gulch-nightscape-entertainment-venue.html

• Like 3
On 4/12/2021 at 3:20 PM, markhollin said:

12th & Porter (114 12th Ave. North) will be getting a facelift and the new moniker, Nightscape: "a dynamic multi-sensory event and entertainment space customizable for technology-driven public experiences, private events and creative production services" (according to a press release).  the state-of-the-art facility will feature projection mapping that can be adapted for a myriad of settings. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/12/12thporter-gulch-nightscape-entertainment-venue.html

Too bad it will no longer be a music venue.  Seen a lot of great music there…had lots of showcases for bands I’ve managed…etc.  Sad to lose another.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, Kv615 said:

Was a former colleague with the man behind this idea and his first passion is music. He will certainly make sure music is still the key component of the venue.  

That's good to know!  Thanks!!