CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

NO NO NO NO NO!

Seriously one of the dumb and dumber moves ever if they allow this.

Actually was built as the perfect compliment to the buildings along 2nd Avenue…and should be similar to what they do to the AT&T switch exterior.  Definitely don’t need to paint a building white to make it stick out like a sore thumb.

Who do we contact to beg them to not give in to this?

baker donelson.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a good shot of the downtown core today.   

Somewhat strange looking condo project featured in today's Nashville Post by William:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21143024/fall-start-eyed-for-p

Posted Images

I just don’t share the love for this building. I’ve never liked it, especially with its proximity to lower broad and 2nd Ave. In my opinion it looks like a weak copy. The windows look cheap, the white trim, color of the brick, etc. It looks like it belongs in Cool Springs. With that said, I don’t like the white either. Looks like a mini fed courthouse. Another building I can’t stand. Ok, got my negativity out for the day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Turnip Truck was our only grocery store for many years.  For its small size, it is well-stocked and well-run.  Living in The Gulch has been so much better because the Turnip Truck has been here.  Now we hear that it may be closing.  That's not surprising since Whole Foods and Publix arrived.

There is a rumor that we may get a CVS or Walgreens at the corner of 12th and Division where City Fire restaurant used to be.  I haven't seen any activity in that space since City Fire closed but I walk by there several times a week hoping to see some sign of movement"

We have heard there is nothing to the rumor Mel and nothing to the Walgreens too. That comes from MStreet, but who knows!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

"Turnip Truck was our only grocery store for many years.  For its small size, it is well-stocked and well-run.  Living in The Gulch has been so much better because the Turnip Truck has been here.  Now we hear that it may be closing.  That's not surprising since Whole Foods and Publix arrived.

There is a rumor that we may get a CVS or Walgreens at the corner of 12th and Division where City Fire restaurant used to be.  I haven't seen any activity in that space since City Fire closed but I walk by there several times a week hoping to see some sign of movement"

We have heard there is nothing to the rumor Mel and nothing to the Walgreens too. That comes from MStreet, but who knows!

Thanks, smeags.  I will continue to walk by City Fire and stare into the windows, hoping, praying...

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Thanks, smeags.  I will continue to walk by City Fire and stare into the windows, hoping, praying...

It baffles me that CVS or Walgreens wouldn't want to look at the CityFire space or the Two Old Hippies space that will be coming open soon. With no competition anywhere in that area, that's a wide-open marketplace.

• Like 2

Retail comes and goes. It has been this way for years. Something will fill the space at some point. The exception to the rule these days may be those high dollar spots on Madison Ave in NYC and other places where the rent does not justify the means. The amount of sales a company has do in one of those slots to break even is mind boggling. That’s why a lot of them are sitting empty now.

There will be some fire sales on some real estate there and some bargains to be had when the loans come due.

Retail in urban areas is up against an enormous headwind... online shopping.  Groceries are the one exception, but not entirely. In the day of Hello Fresh, Blue Ribbon and Noom, it's only a matter of time before drone technology conquers the time-distance divide. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

I’m sure I’ve said this before but we’ve basically added the equivalent of Louisville’s skyline in a very short time. 

There is another one in our proposed list that should be finished in about 6 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, downtownresident said:

@PHofKScan correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s the stalled development at Cummins Station. 

I think so, but I like it better as 'one building with 4 spikes'.  

• Haha 1