smeagolsfree

CBD/SoBro/RutledgeHill/Rolling Mill Hill Projects

This is the former location of our car dealership (pre 1963). Surprised Nelson didn't buy it. I had heard from one of the agents that a restaurant was going on the property.

From the Tennessean this am;

The location as best I can determine;

12ampBroad_zps56973af1.jpg

A short walk from the 12/12 and the rest of the Gulch. Maybe the Gulch vibe will spill over more into this part of town.

Was there ever any question of Nelson staying? I think the only reason he was leasing is his divorce wasn't final. Guess that's done.

Our number one AMP opponent( English Only's largest contributor(?)) is there for the duration. Reed property is ripe, although the Palmer stall is a set back.

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

With them deciding to stay, then we are not likely to see the other two dealerships going anywhere soon. That is Beaman and Suburu.

Hey, that should be quite nice... it fits in with its surroundings, and the best thing: it fills another surface lot.  Cannot read article, will it have u/g parking?   Would be great if the owners of the lot at Church and Market (First Avenue) would be inspired by this.  No doubt, the parking revenues must be very high. Don't know for sure but it seems they could double the amount of parking with several levels of u/g or a/g parking.

Edited by MLBrumby

Same person. Michael Hayes w CB Ragland is doing the development. He does understand the impact of quality development. Onne quote from him back when he bought the First Ave properties he owns is that he was waiting on Metro to decide whatthe were going to do with the Thermal site. The owner of the lot this is going on is the Mayes family I believe.

“We will begin the master planning process for our parcels as
soon as we know what will happen to the Thermal site,” said
Hayes, who lives in The Cumberland downtown.

That was from 2004.

Here is the website:

http://www.cbragland.com/

• Like 1

A new mixed use infill project slated for 2nd Ave. No tenant yet and should start by mid year.

G8UWGSU.jpg

YES! Yes! A thousand times yes!!! More of this please!!! As odd as it might sound, stuff like this makes me just as excited as projects like Sheet Music. I wish we could get more stuff like this! Its not that difficult to simply copy the style that worked before. Although whatever was there before the parking lot can probably never be fully recreated, I feel like with projects like this, even though its brand new construction, we can, in some small way, reclaim a small sliver of history. Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

The Nashville's entertainment district is blowing up. We haven't even touched the riverfront buildings yet. Look at Savannah, it's riverfront is the main entertainment district. I really think that the riverfront park will be that place where city dwellers hang out alot. Expect new development on 1st ave. soon after the park is completed. I know I sound HIGH, but I just don't see a brake on Nashville development inside the freeway circle. 

• Like 1

Exciting news!  Small infill buildings like this add so much to the feel of the street.  The entertainment district is expanding in every direction.  I agree that it would be awesome if the family of Monroe Carell would take notice and decide to sell or develop the lots at 2nd & Church and 3rd & Church.  

• Like 1

The Nashville's entertainment district is blowing up. We haven't even touched the riverfront buildings yet. Look at Savannah, it's riverfront is the main entertainment district. I really think that the riverfront park will be that place where city dwellers hang out alot. Expect new development on 1st ave. soon after the park is completed. I know I sound HIGH, but I just don't see a brake on Nashville development inside the freeway circle.

Stand by, I am pretty sure that is going to happen soon.

• Like 4

YES! Yes! A thousand times yes!!! More of this please!!! As odd as it might sound, stuff like this makes me just as excited as projects like Sheet Music. I wish we could get more stuff like this! Its not that difficult to simply copy the style that worked before. Although whatever was there before the parking lot can probably never be fully recreated, I feel like with projects like this, even though its brand new construction, we can, in some small way, reclaim a small sliver of history.

I don't think I could disagree in the least. Absent skyscrapers, this is precisely the type of infill development needed on empty lots downtown with respect to businesses. I'd also love to see classic-styled townhouses (3-4 stories) as well to compliment them.

• Like 2

I don't think I could disagree in the least. Absent skyscrapers, this is precisely the type of infill development needed on empty lots downtown with respect to businesses. I'd also love to see classic-styled townhouses (3-4 stories) as well to compliment them.

I agree...perhaps that type of development would work well on that stretch of parking lots on 1st Ave. across from the ampitheatre? 

• Like 2

YES! Yes! A thousand times yes!!! More of this please!!! As odd as it might sound, stuff like this makes me just as excited as projects like Sheet Music. I wish we could get more stuff like this! Its not that difficult to simply copy the style that worked before. Although whatever was there before the parking lot can probably never be fully recreated, I feel like with projects like this, even though its brand new construction, we can, in some small way, reclaim a small sliver of history.

Finally, downtown development that addresses 1st Ave, the river and the East Bank (even if just slightly)! Glad to hear more is on the way. Maybe we can invite Carl Icahn down for happy hour on the veranda.

Edited by TnNative

This type of development (in sufficient quantity) IMO is just as important as all of the towers we drool over every time some developer wants to spin off some renderings for fun. 

It looks like this is destined for the lot across from Joe's Crab Shack correct?

• Like 1

Does it bother anyone else that they're putting new buildings in a flood plain? Personally I would rather see the river front park expanded. The parking lots and vacant lots could be removed and replaced with grass and trees. It would look good and no one would care if it flooded.

Let's put the buildings on the other side of MCC. That area will never flood and it's full of empty lots.

Just my two cents.

This type of development (in sufficient quantity) IMO is just as important as all of the towers we drool over every time some developer wants to spin off some renderings for fun. 

It looks like this is destined for the lot across from Joe's Crab Shack correct?

Correct!

Aren't there plans for a flood wall?

You are correct, as part of the amphitheater park project.

To the comment about replacing the 1st Ave parking lots with greenspace, let's not forget that each one of those lots is owned by an investor (Ragland has several of them). Many of them have been holding their property for years waiting for land values to appreciate to the point it makes sense to sell or develop. That time is pretty much here.