smeagolsfree

N. Capitol/Germantown/Salemtown/Metro-Center/Elizabeth Park/HBV& Points North

1773 posts in this topic

This thread for all projects in Metro Center, Germantown, Salemtown, and the North Capital area.

Another 220 apartments going up on Parks in the NoCap area...   http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121214/BUSINESS/312140128/Luxury-apartments-planned-near-Nashville-Farmers-Market

The article says there are more than 9000 apartments underway.

And the project behind Werthan mills is going forward... property transferred this week for $7 million.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/12/14/germantowns-werthan-site-sells-for-7.html

Edited by MLBrumby

Another 220 apartments going up on Parks in the NoCap area...   http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121214/BUSINESS/312140128/Luxury-apartments-planned-near-Nashville-Farmers-Market

The article says there are more than 9000 apartments underway.

And the project behind Werthan mills is going forward... property transferred this week for $7 million.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/12/14/germantowns-werthan-site-sells-for-7.html

Of the 9,000, 4,600 U/C, and 4,500 "unannounced." Even thinking through all of the proposals, that's a lot of units.

I wonder if we can do a rundown and find out how many we know about (in terms of total # of units).

I had a rundown going but there have been so many announced I have lost track. It will take me a little while to do but I think I can pull it off. I am working the rest of the weekend so I may be able to get something for you guys as far as numbers on Sunday afternoon.

I had a rundown going but there have been so many announced I have lost track. It will take me a little while to do but I think I can pull it off. I am working the rest of the weekend so I may be able to get something for you guys as far as numbers on Sunday afternoon.

Tell you what...you gather all the numbers, and I'll pull out my calculator and add them up. :thumbsup:

That would be interesting to see the breakdown and locations of all those apartment buildings. I can't begin to tell you where most of them are. Thanks for the lists you have compiled.

Here is a rendering of a 222-unit "block" from Meeks Partners. I must say that most of their work is underwhelming. I did not realize that this firm did the design for the old proposal for condos in Belle Meade on Kenner. It was never built, but the drawings always reminded me of something you'd find in South Florida, not Nashville.

http://www.meekspartners.com/2411-washington?c=T24tVGhlLUJvYXJkcw==

When I think about all the apartments underway in the core (including midtown), one thing in particular seems troubling: a woefully inadequate transit system to link the future residents of these buildings. I just cannot help but think that an elaborate bus line down West End will cause far more traffic snarls than it would seek to solve.

BTW, for those interested, the screenshot for the actual property Meeks will develop is here. Definitely a great project for that area, and would hopefully spur some more activity at the Farmers Market.

http://goo.gl/maps/oBgbT

Tell you what...you gather all the numbers, and I'll pull out my calculator and add them up. :thumbsup:

Make me do al the dirty work. What kind of friend are you . :shok:

What's up with the USST building?  Is it still being used, or is it slated for re-development?

1 person likes this

Nothing has changed there, it's heavily used.

What's up with the USST building?  Is it still being used, or is it slated for re-development?

Do you all know that I looked into buying a condo at Germantown Lofts (above Germantown cafe), and mortgage lenders won't lend on those condos because the building is 50% retail.  That is the dumbest thing. The condos in that building are considered "non-warrantable" by mortgage lenders.  The condos across the street with retail below have the same problem.

So with that being the fact, maybe building these two story buildings that are half retail and half condo is not a good idea?  They can only be bought with cash, apparently, at least in a re-sale situation.

Do you all know that I looked into buying a condo at Germantown Lofts (above Germantown cafe), and mortgage lenders won't lend on those condos because the building is 50% retail.  That is the dumbest thing. The condos in that building are considered "non-warrantable" by mortgage lenders.  The condos across the street with retail below have the same problem.

So with that being the fact, maybe building these two story buildings that are half retail and half condo is not a good idea?  They can only be bought with cash, apparently, at least in a re-sale situation.

This is not good. hate to hear it.

WW

1 person likes this

I think most reasonable bank lenders would be different. Especially local banks

1 person likes this

Were you trying to get a loan through FHA or a more conventional loan through Fannie/Freddie? FHA loans have a lot more regulations than Fannie/Freddie.

The 5th and Garfield project has started as well. That was inhe Post today and I did see the permits issued yesterday too.  Equipment on site at the old Werthan factory too. Looks as if a lot is being moved out and I would bet there will be demolision starting soon.

I may have missed it, but what are the plans for the large parcel that used to be the Chrysler dealer, then Greyhound depot on Charlotte, and the adjacent lots?  Several building razed there is the last few months between the interstate and the railroad.

ngulch.jpg

This is a 32 acre project that will be mixed use in nature and phased in over a number of years. No renderings or information on this project yet. Something should be announced next year. Demolition is continuing at this site.

Something should be announced next year.

That's what they said last year!  They're taking their time... 

That's what they said last year!  They're taking their time... 

*Looks at bold predictions thread*

:whistling:

Dont look for anything to be announced before the middle of the year.

Here are the renderings for the project at Meharry that was reported in the Post yesterday. I found these a couple of weeks back and gave to WW. There has been rezoning going on for this project for a while.

All of these will be on or just off of Dr. DB Todd Blvd.

Meharry.png

Meharry1.png