Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

An unidentified group of investors with a history of hotel development has purchased the Gerst Haus property at 301 Woodland St. that backs up agains I-24 in the East Bank area.  There are currently zoning restrictions on the property that would need to be changed in order to accommodate a hotel. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/20/former-gerst-haus-property-lands-new-owners.html

A hotel with a decent bar/restaurant in the lower level would work well here imo.

• Like 4

On 12/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, grilled_cheese said:

Terminal Cafe is closing.

Saw this announcement on instagram last week, We are travelling and are quite upset we didn't make it there prior to there closing. The owners have expressed the idea that they will come back some day, but you just never know. They do still have the lease on the space for the next two years, so hopefully they are able to find someone pick up the terms.

Oakwood Flats lands a $36 million permit for the 21 acre, 280 unit apt. complex at 2071 Oakwood Ave. on the western side of Ellington Parkway.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21038821/permit-patrol-2-january-2019

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development shows the site highlighted in red at the center fo the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 8.33.15 AM.png

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, AronG said:

Brett's talking a lot of sense here. With the popularity of the scooters, now is the time to finally take action on the planned bike lane on Woodland. If we can get a decent separated/protected lane we'll have a safe, traffic-free route in and out of downtown. 

Agreed, but good luck getting that idea past the Edgefield Junta.

• Sad 1

On my way to work this morning I noticed a 'zoning change notice OR20' sign in front of the houses across from the self-storage place on McGavock Pike right before the intersection with Gallatin Rd in South Inglewood. I wonder if that's for a single lot or if the same entity owns multiple lots down McGavock and has plans to scrape and build office/residential. Yes I know I can go find out online but I haven't had my coffee yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, Chris Lee said:

On my way to work this morning I noticed a 'zoning change notice OR20' sign in front of the houses across from the self-storage place on McGavock Pike right before the intersection with Gallatin Rd in South Inglewood. I wonder if that's for a single lot or if the same entity owns multiple lots down McGavock and has plans to scrape and build office/residential. Yes I know I can go find out online but I haven't had my coffee yet.

The full information on this case can be found starting on pages 102-111 of this week's Planning Commission hearing staff analysis document https://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/6006f984-862a-447c-b11f-d95ce9978d28/January-10-2019-Staff-Report.  This is an East Nashville Community Plan amendment to extend the T4 Community Center policy one parcel east from Gallatin to cover 1109 McGavock and then to apply a Transition policy for the next parcels to the east, 1111 on the north side of the street and 1110 on the south side of the street.  The associated zone change for 1111 McGavock is to OR20-A to permit an office use of this structure, which used to be a house and currently has a non-owner-occupied STR permit.  The name of the property owner is indicated on the staff analysis for the zone change (item 18b). 

There is a lot of stuff on this week's MPC agenda. 

The zone change for the former Gallatin Ave WalMart space where the new retail building was constructed is apparently required in order to allow the Urgent Care company that already has signage up to take over the southernmost bay of that building.  It must be the case that the medical clinic use is not classified as retail in the land use tables.  OrangeTheory Fitness just opened in December in the northernmost bay of this building.  My understanding is that the other two tenants in the middle bays will be a T-Mobile store and a Great Clips salon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

A small housing development is coming to Cleveland Park on 6 empty lots from 900 to 910 North 6th St.  Developer Sean Roberge paid $1.2 million for the six lots, and he states, "Our vision is a mix between one- and two-bedroom style condos. We’re hoping the zoning design can create walkable neighborhoods.”

Roberge said he is seeking a rezoning that could allow for some commercial space as well.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21041210/residential-project-eyed-for-cleveland-park

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 3.20.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 3.20.49 PM.png

Is this the one where the real estate agents are already pitching it as a short-term rental development?  Not a smart way to build community support before you request a zoning change.

• Like 2