Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, WebberThomas4 said:

http://bizj.us/1pssng

Sean Brock (Husk) reveals his plans for an Appalachian-focused 2-story, 10,000 sqft restaurant in east Nashville. No address was given, but it will be in a “converted industrial building”. Any guesses?

It says two story so that doesn't feel like it could be the Krispy Kreme place on Gallatin...unless there's a rear entrance basement? 

2 other options - the newly expanded with 2nd story Fluffo Building on Main, formerly home to Fat Bottom Brewery...and this building at Woodland and McFerrin, it appears to have a rear basement: image.png.9d08a4c74553726e12e33edc5abf0687.png

1 hour ago, WebberThomas4 said:

http://bizj.us/1pssng

Sean Brock (Husk) reveals his plans for an Appalachian-focused 2-story, 10,000 sqft restaurant in east Nashville. No address was given, but it will be in a “converted industrial building”. Any guesses?

Could be anywhere if he's wanting to put another floor on an existing building with a new build.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

Could be anywhere if he's wanting to put another floor on an existing building with a new build.

You are correct, but that sounds like a massive goal to add a 2nd story AND be open in 11 months? Re-reading it it sounds like the 2 story building footprint is already there...it says a "Converted industrial building", which to me means it has already been converted, which lends credence to the Fluffo building that has ALREADY been converted, and reduces the liklihood of the Industrial Staffing, which has NOT been converted...

image.png.65763574fc5e2c31153f3175ffc05ada.png

• Like 1

As mentioned above, the new Davidson County Sheriff's Office building at 710 South 5th St. is getting underway with demolition of the current training center.  Cost of the new structure is in the $20 million range.  ESa is the architect, Ragan-Smith Associates is handling engineering/land-planning efforts, and Bell & Associates is the general contractor.

Moe behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21044917/work-starts-on-future-sheriffs-office-building

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.58.35 PM.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Bill Martin's building at 1105 Fatherland? I noticed it's no longer listed for sale on Loopnet.

My wife told me 2-3 days ago that it was closing in just a few days. She heard that I believe at a neighboring business, can't recall where - the listing says "Pending Sale" https://www.nashvillesmls.com/listing/1981683-1105-fatherland-st-nashville-tn-37206/

Edited by FatherLand
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FatherLand said:

My wife told me 2-3 days ago that it was closing in just a few days. She heard that I believe at a neighboring business, can't recall where - the listing says "Pending Sale" https://www.nashvillesmls.com/listing/1981683-1105-fatherland-st-nashville-tn-37206/

Thanks

Hmm...for that price, you would think it should be a substantial business of some sort. Hopefully not Super Hair World or Mega Check Cashing Mart. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FatherLand said:

It went on the market at the end of October.  Sold in a week (pending).  These types of transactions often times have a 90 day feasibility study associated with them...which we are coming up on.  Two doomsday scenarios here: 1: Hotel or 2: any Multifamily housing with AirBnB associated with it.

If I had to guess, the best return on that amount of money would be to tear down and pack in the townhomes at $750,000 a pop.  I predict it will get ugly with the neighborhood.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/29/2019 at 1:02 PM, FatherLand said:

Wife said she heard that from someone at Nancy B Good's. I personally think upscale townhomes would be a good fit there, with ground floor retail. Especially like the tasteful 3 story directly across the street.  

Second this. The whole South 10th/11th/5 points area would benefit from a wave of medium-density residential to provide more foot traffic to all the shops and restaurants without having to build more parking.

And I guarantee you that real townhomes would list at way less than $750K, unlike all the redone "historic" franken-mcmansions that are turning the neighborhood into an enclave. The halfass separated house/townhome things a block from there at 10th & Russell start at $520K, and that's significantly higher than it would've been if the NIMBYs hadn't blocked their first proposal to build real connected townhomes (which would fit more units in) and a corner retail spot. If East Nashville had a healthy townhome market, I'd be in one. I'd rather have more walkability than a big back yard, but our zoning distorts the market so there are few options and they're awkwardly designed.

image.thumb.png.b12daf3d4a0599b15682710aa9817884.png

• Like 4