Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 7/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, OnePointEast said:

Could this potentially open the doors for Madison becoming the new Inglewood, in terms of development, if the tenants are something unique and desirable to those who live in Inglewood and East Nashville?

Possibly but I still think Madison has a little further to go than where Inglewood was 10 years ago (or whatever time frame you want to compare it to).

• Like 2

The A-1 Used Car lot at 1308 Dickerson Pike has been sold again, this time to St. Joseph Properties.  It appears another residential project of unknown size is being planned. 

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21080319/dickerson-pike-site-sells-for-12m

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.08.06 AM.png

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The A-1 Used Car lot at 1308 Dickerson Pike has been sold again, this time to St. Joseph Properties.  It appears another residential project of unknown size is being planned. 

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21080319/dickerson-pike-site-sells-for-12m

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.08.06 AM.png

That whole Fern Ave area development has been amazing to watch. It’s been a pretty quick progression, so I’m curious to see how it spreads on Dickerson.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

Info regarding the former KMart near Briley

4CB6B051-49C2-4B43-B325-B1D31E57C781.png

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/education/higher-education/colleges-universities/article/21080334/nashville-state-eyes-2021-opening-in-madison

Nashville State is planning to open a Madison campus at 1520 Gallatin Pike N.

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/education/higher-education/colleges-universities/article/21080334/nashville-state-eyes-2021-opening-in-madison

Nashville State is planning to open a Madison campus at 1520 Gallatin Pike (SE corner of the former K-Mart parking lot). No word on what the plans are for the rest of the site. 

Blue light special on accounting degrees, aisle 6.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Actually that was the wrong address. Its at 1520 Gallatin Pike N. Where the old Rivergate Toyota was. The article has since been corrected.

That makes more sense.  They demo'd that property within the last year and there is NSCC fencing up.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2877104,-86.7049081,3a,60y,289.62h,90.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWYmIZ0uJ1P866ThOhx4j-A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 1

TennFold will be the name of a new craft brewery/pizza joint at 2408 Lebanon Pike, 1/2 block west of the intersection with McGavock Pike in Donelson.  Edgar Pendley, co-owner of Urban Grub, is the developer of the nondescript 5,900 sq. ft. brick structure that was originally built in 2003.  The project will eventually employ between 50 and 75 part and full-time workers. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21080825/donelson-slated-for-combo-of-pizzeria-and-brewery

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 3.10.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 3.09.22 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2019 at 9:13 AM, grilled_cheese said:

I'm curious as to when the commercial building at the southeast corner of Dickerson/Douglas gets redeveloped.  Kinda surprised it hasn't already.

From what I understand, the owner of that building is the same owner of Hailey Salvage across the street, which has been closed for about 2 years. I’ve heard it’s packed to the gills with crap. I really don’t understand what that man’s intentions are. The salvage was a treasure trove, but the guy didn’t want to sell anything. I can tell you from experience (as well as confirmation from others that visited) that it was tough to purchase anything from that salvage yard. I once saw a wheel barrow with a flat tire and broken handle. I though I could get a deal, as I had seen the exact model at Home Depot for $100. I asked someone about price and they told me “you need to talk to the old man, since he’s the only one that can tell you what the price is”. I found him, smoking behind the front desk and he told me “$125 and that’s not negotiable”. I walked out and never went back. 

• Like 2

The 4 story mixed-use project for 829 Dickerson Pike that will feature 36 residential units and ground level retail, has been approved by MDHA. Taylor Perkins and Riverchase Holdings are co-developing. The 1.62 acre site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21081236/hotel-indigo-addition-plan-approved

829 Dickerson Pike, Aug 6, 2019, render.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

829 Dickerson Pike, Aug 6, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2

There are a lot of projects proposed on this corridor and not much has happened yet. A lot of these developers are selling off their lots or just not developing yet. Some of these are 3 or more years old. Someone is going to have to be the first one to make it happen and the same goes for W Trinity  as well. 

Developers and banks are just afraid to invest heavily yet for some reason in some of these areas.

• Like 1

I remember Dickerson all the way out to I-65 being very very rough (euphemistically speaking). The rise of Cleveland Park and the new residences on Fern should help that stretch of road. 

Seeing that portion of your map, I wonder where the industrial firms are moving: Smyrna-Lavergne? Goodlettsville? Hendersonville?  My wife and I drove up to Mt. Juliet a few weeks back for a wedding and took I-840 to get there. I was amazed by the number of enormous warehouses that have been built along both sides of the highway in Wilson County. Is much industrial business out there? Rarely get over there, but it's beautiful. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1