Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Looks like we're finally getting a guitar-shaped building!

Chamber East had funding for another mural project for that building a while back but we had difficulty establishing communication with the building owners.  The ChamberEast-funded murals are pretty high quality and pay local artists.  This one is … different.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bwithers1 said:

Chamber East had funding for another mural project for that building a while back but we had difficulty establishing communication with the building owners.  The ChamberEast-funded murals are pretty high quality and pay local artists.  This one is … different.

That property has always been ……...different!

On 8/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, bwithers1 said:

That proposal for 1012 Main Street is also for a hotel with a configuration like a series of apartments that would presumably be listed on the STR platforms.  The height on that parcel assembly is limited to three stories with the third story stepped back.  The property sits within the Lockeland Springs-East End Conservation Zoning Overlay District in addition to the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District.  The proposal has not yet gone through the Metro Historic Zoning Commission for design review purposes.

Any retail component?

7 hours ago, AronG said:

Any retail component?

@AronG Yes, the drawings that I saw included a ground-floor retail component at the corner of Forrest/Main. The rest of the street frontage was doors/porches for the units.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Do you think they will nix his 4 story proposal or let it slide????

@smeagolsfree There had been a five-story proposal but there was no chance that that would meet the design guidelines, which limit the height to three stories.  I do not believe that I have seen a four-story proposal.  That would still be taller than what the design guidelines allow. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess it was the 5 story proposal that was before MDHA  in June. I was thinking it was 4, but it was 5. I could not remeber if that was voted down by MDHA or not.

I have trouble keeping track of all the projects any more, but dont do badly.

So when are they coming back in front of MDHA?

11 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

HG Hill applied for two building permits last Friday related to the new Hill Center Greenwood - one for a 31,000 sqft Publix and the other a 2,100 sqft Starbucks at the corner of Sharpe and Gallatin.  They started the Stormwater Permits process back in May.

Random thought thread alert:

1) So, after us being basically 100% sure it was going to be a Publix, but no official announcement, then relatively recent rumors that the development could be at risk......does this mean its officially official that Publix IS definitely coming? 

2) I don't know exactly what to make of the Bill Martin's news. Glad to see it getting a facelift at least based on the rendering. 

3) I thought it was interesting to see 1629 Fatherland sold and then put up for commercial lease? I suppose this house was zoned mixed commercial/residential, and the previous owners used it for its residential purpose, then sold it, and the new owners are choosing to use it for commercial? (That's my layman's guess?)

4) I've been out of town for work for a while, any progress with the church at 1700 Fatherland? 

Edited by FatherLand
formatting

12 hours ago, FatherLand said:

1) So, after us being basically 100% sure it was going to be a Publix, but no official announcement, then relatively recent rumors that the development could be at risk......does this mean its officially official that Publix IS definitely coming? 

2) I don't know exactly what to make of the Bill Martin's news. Glad to see it getting a facelift at least based on the rendering. 

3) I thought it was interesting to see 1629 Fatherland sold and then put up for commercial lease? I suppose this house was zoned mixed commercial/residential, and the previous owners used it for its residential purpose, then sold it, and the new owners are choosing to use it for commercial? (That's my layman's guess?)

4) I've been out of town for work for a while, any progress with the church at 1700 Fatherland? 

I never heard any of the rumors. Here’s a link to their permit application: https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3707441?page=1&searchText=1111 Gallatin Pike&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

The address is incorrect (see the notes made by codes) and should be 1111 Gallatin Avenue, not Pike.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FatherLand said:

@FatherLand Yes, it is a Publix at Gallatin/Greenwood.  All four corners of 17th/Fatherland have legacy commercial zoning from decades ago that was continued in the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District land use plan.  That1629  parcel had been subdivided years ago under the old subdivision regs,  and so the house behind it (in the back yard) also has commercial zoning because it was part of that same parcel that had commercial zoning since at least the 1980s.  I believe that Aerial Innovations is moving into that one on 17th, but I am not sure who is moving into the one in the front on Fatherland.  Progress is continuing on 1700 Fatherland but those projects take time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Inglewood Lofts (4 stories, 12 units) update.  Siding up.  Awaiting more trim work.

Looking north from Gallatin Pike at intersection with Kirkland Ave:

529864101_InglewoodLoftsAug2420191.jpeg.4a3d23b1a865a4592c3b97f1040dc6c6.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Gallatin Pike and Shelton Ave:

981071233_InglewoodLoftsAug2420192.jpeg.fd4ceb4be8aec872378d87721f87941f.jpeg

Gods above, that is UGLY!  Though it fits in with all the other junky buildings on Gallatin Pike.  It hasn't changed a lot since I grew up there in the 50s &60s except to look more decrepit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Gods above, that is UGLY!  Though it fits in with all the other junky buildings on Gallatin Pike.  It hasn't changed a lot since I grew up there in the 50s &60s except to look more decrepit.

We should hold a Pike Off (working on the name) to establish which of the grand ol' pikes is the junkiest, most decrepit and most stuck in the past. 

• Haha 2

M Cubed has applied for a demo permit the two structures at 1012 Main St. and 1004 Forest Ave. that used to house a used car dealership. Harris Demolition will handle the job.  A mixed-use development is eventually planned for the site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21085851/permit-patrol-9-sept-2019

• Like 2