Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Vue Townhomes will be a 4 story set of townhomes (unknown quantity) on .54 acre at 1009-1013 Dickerson Pike.  Neil Patel is the developer, and AEI is the architect. The MDHA Design Review Committee has deferred on the concept plan approval as of Dec. 17, 2019.  No word on when this will be taken up again.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21106331/residential-project-eyed-for-east-nashville

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 12.54.10 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 12.58.59 PM.png

• Like 3

On 12/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, FatherLand said:

1400 Fatherland St - a unit that I’ve been following for years (and years and years) looks like it’s up for a rezoning. I’m all for any positive change here, fingers crossed. Looks like architect is Kennon | Taylor

Did anyone attend the meeting last Thursday Dec 12th regarding the 1400 Fatherland zoning change? Not sure how to find any notes etc, I was out of town traveling for work

Edited by FatherLand

29 minutes ago, FatherLand said:

Did anyone attend the meeting last Thursday Dec 12th regarding the 1400 Fatherland zoning change? Not sure how to find any notes etc, I was out of town traveling for work

Didn't make it either, but did you see this blurb from @bwithers1 on facebook last week?

-Agenda Item 30 (Zone Change 2019Z-171PR-001) is the zone change request for 1400 Fatherland Street to go from a commercial base zoning of CN to a Mixed-Use zoning of MUN-A.

This is one of a number of commercial parcels for which the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District Land Use Plan http://www.nashville-mdha.org/…/2015/03/2015-3-16-Fivepoint… currently and for many years has allowed Mixed Uses (as indicated in the green shading on the map). With the Five Points Redevelopment District set to expire at the end of 2020, I am working with the affected property owners and the Planning Department in consultation with the neighborhood association boards to review requests to change the base zoning on these parcels to a Mixed-Use zoning district (MUN/MUL/MUG) that is most appropriate for each parcel and context in order to continue to allow mixed uses on these sites but with more certainty for neighbors about included/excluded uses and building setback and volume limitations.

For 307 S 11th Street, that new Mixed Use zoning district was MUL-A, and that item passed its public hearings on the consent agendas. For this parcel, adjacent or nearby neighbor feedback was considered in selecting MUN-A instead of the requested MUL-A. MUN-A is the lowest-intensity Mixed Use zoning district in Metro’s land use tables.

There are no concrete plans for this property at this time. The property owner lives a few blocks away and is working with local architect Rich McCoy who lives in the East End neighborhood and has worked on several projects in the Five Points/Fatherland District area.

The Planning staff recommendation is for approval of the MUN-A request for 1400 Fatherland and that staff analysis can be read on pages 158-160 of this document https://www.nashville.gov/…/f…/December-12-2019-Staff-Report.

22 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Abandoning their community to go be just another tourist destination. I hope they do well, but I'm never eating there again.

My exact thought as well.  Pretty frustrating as I really liked them.  Don't understand why they don't keep the current location and add on if that's what they're interested in.

• Like 1

I was unable to snap a picture but work is picking up at the Eastwood Village development at the corner of Greenwood and Chapel.  Workers were installing flashing and fixing mortar joints last week. This week there’s a roofing company on site replacing the decking/shingles of the older sanctuary.

• Like 2

Yet another church property is bought by a developer. The facility on 1.25 acres at 3808-3810 Gallatin Pike in Inglewood that had been home to New Destiny Christian Fellowship has been sold by the congregation for $2.025 million to an entity out of Chattanooga. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21107287/inglewood-church-sells-for-2m

3808 Gallatin Pike, Dec 20, 2019, site.png

3808 Gallatin Pike, Dec 20, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, WebberThomas4 said:

I was unable to snap a picture but work is picking up at the Eastwood Village development at the corner of Greenwood and Chapel.  Workers were installing flashing and fixing mortar joints last week. This week there’s a roofing company on site replacing the decking/shingles of the older sanctuary.

Yes, interior demolition as well as tuckpointing and roof replacement work is commencing.  Although the buyers have not contacted me to discuss their plans for the site, my understanding is that they intend to develop within the Specific Plan that was negotiated through extensive outreach through the Eastwood Neighbors organization as I was ending my term and Cliff was starting his as the neighborhood association president. With any luck, we both will live to see that plan that we and our neighbors shaped become a reality!

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, AronG said:

Didn't make it either, but did you see this blurb from @bwithers1 on facebook last week?

@ArongG There was a fair amount of neighbor opposition to this base zone change from CN to MUN-A among neighbors on Fatherland and the next-door neighbor on S 14th Street.  The Planning Commission's Public Comments document contains at least some of those comments and some of my responses https://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/51e34685-7104-40d2-b70f-3e5d4e966d0b/December-12-2019-Comments-received-through-December-12.  One of those neighbors had requested that the original request for MUL-A be changed to MUN-A, and the applicant agreed to do that, but still the neighbor and other neighbors on Fatherland wrote in opposition and came to the hearing to pull the item off of the consent agenda for a full deliberation.  The neighbor on S 14th asked me why the owners couldn't simply put a house there, and I replied that the Community Plan for that parcel is Neighborhood Center, the present base zoning is Commercial, not residential, and that the intent of the MUN-A base zone change is actually to allow residential units.  I also pointed out to the Commissioners during my testimony that going all the way back to the community input that resulted in the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District land use plan and design guidelines in 1991, the community specifically allowed for Mixed Uses on this parcel and its inclusion in the Commercial Corner subdistrict section of the design guidelines calls for mixed uses with ground-floor retail/commercial with residential above and rear or pull-under parking.  So the same community that has worked on the Conservation Overlay and neighborhood preservation efforts also specifically has called for mixed-uses on this site going back for almost 30 years.  The Commissioners did recommend approval and so the item will now come before the Metro Council at a future public hearing, possibly the February public hearing.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 4