Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

The Aloft Hotel being planned for 608 McGavock Pike in the airport area, might be finally moving forward:

Metro records show 608 Hotels LLC, the owner of the property at 608 McGavock Pike, has been quitclaimed deeded some adjacent property. As the Post reported in 2018, the five-story hotel would be part of the Starwood brand. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21114663/antioch-property-sells-for-37m

3 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Interesting.  Between that and the former Steak & Pizza that is now Once Upon A Time In France, these are examples of buildings that I can't imagine anyone salvaging for any reason being repurposed into restaurant spaces.  This is a good location virtually across Gallatin from the Nashville Biscuit House, and perhaps it will give them a bit of a run for their money.  We most definitely need more breakfast spots in East Nashville.

I do wonder whether neighbors here would oppose a beer sales permit minimum distance waiver as we saw for the building at Gallatin/Chicamauga.  A neighbor led quite the campaign to oppose that beer sales permit and folks testified at the Metro Council public hearing on the resolution that they feared having intoxicated people walking on Gallatin Ave.   Never :)

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, bwithers1 said:

A neighbor led quite the campaign to oppose that beer sales permit and folks testified at the Metro Council public hearing on the resolution that they feared having intoxicated people walking on Gallatin Ave.   Never :)

I hope non owner occupied AirBnbs move in on either side of this awful person.

butt chugs white claw

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Metro is not issuing any new permits for non-owner occupied short term rental units at this time. Sorry to burst your bubble. :tw_innocent:

You must be one of the two metro enforcement agents.  What number should we call when we have an issue with non owner occupied AirBnBs?

Ya know, at first I had kind of an instinctual negative reaction to the pseudo sub-division look of that development.  But then I realized that given the massive lot sizes in that part of Davidson county and further out, that is actually an ideal way to densify the area without having to petition the city to build a bunch of new streets, so kudos to them.  The streets all connect to the main road too so it's really a sub-division without most of the typical downsides.  Love it!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

Not much new in this except:  Design firm 1767 Design is moving its offices to East Nashville according to a recent story in Nashville Post. The company’s new offices will be at 2611 Gallatin Pike, in the former home of Pocket Money Recycling. Lockeland Leatherworks will share the building with 1767 Design.

https://www.theeastnashvillian.com/friday-news-roundup-february-14/

On 2/7/2020 at 9:47 AM, markhollin said:

The Aloft Hotel being planned for 608 McGavock Pike in the airport area, might be finally moving forward:

Metro records show 608 Hotels LLC, the owner of the property at 608 McGavock Pike, has been quitclaimed deeded some adjacent property. As the Post reported in 2018, the five-story hotel would be part of the Starwood brand. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21114663/antioch-property-sells-for-37m

Hell yeah!  I love dumping our tourists in the Donelson area and not in our neighborhood.  I'm sure all the Donelson residents love all the fast food chains these hotels encourage as well.  This is good for their little community IMO.

Woo Donelson!

19 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

I have greatly enjoyed working with Ray Dayal on approvals for his 11-story LaQuinta Inn and Suites that is currently under construction on Interstate Drive.  I would welcome an opportunity to work with Mr. Dayal on a full-service hotel offering on this site that activates the street.  With the proper infrastructure in place, such hotel facility could help to transform this section of Woodland into a walkable and bikeable multi-modal corridor to get residents and visitors alike safely and quickly through this thoroughfare even when Titans games or other Nissan Stadium events are taking place across the street. 

Is this a hint?

• Haha 1