Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I didn't realize that the Greenwood development included townhomes. I really like how this project is shaping up! Seems to have less surface parking than the Eastland Kroger.

I heard that Starbucks is planning more drive-thru locations moving forward...any word on whether or not this location will have one?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Urban_Legend said:

I didn't realize that the Greenwood development included townhomes. I really like how this project is shaping up! Seems to have less surface parking than the Eastland Kroger.

I heard that Starbucks is planning more drive-thru locations moving forward...any word on whether or not this location will have one?

The steel framing in the first picture is a Starbucks. There will be a Chase bank branch in the parking lot as well. 

• Like 1

The triangular, 2 acre site at 195 North 1st Street is up for sale.  The former home of Gray Line Tours will probably fetch around $9 million, based on recent sales of other sites in that neighborhood.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21142787/nissan-stadiumarea-property-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.03.37 PM.png

• Like 2

Ramsey Row (3 stories? 8 townhomes) at 915 Ramsey St. will be a new development by former Titan's receiver/return man, Marc Mariani.  The rundown residences that were on the site have already been razed.   It is in the Maxwell neighborhood, about 5 blocks from Five Points. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21142820/extitan-plans-townhome-project-on-east-side

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.08.11 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 1930s-era brick storefront at SE corner of Dickerson Rd. and Douglas is coming down, I'm sad to say. Had hopes that this might be refurbished and utilized for retail again.  But sitting empty for quite some time, it appears that it was in terrible shape.  Not sure what will be replacing it, or if the owner is just prepping the site for sale.

Looking NE from Dickerson Rd., 1/4 block south of Douglas Ave:

Dickerson & Douglas, Aug 15, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Dickerson Rd. and Douglas Ave:

Dickerson & Douglas, Aug 15, 2020, 2.jpg

• Sad 7

On 8/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, markhollin said:

The triangular, 2 acre site at 195 North 1st Street is up for sale.  The former home of Gray Line Tours will probably fetch around $9 million, based on recent sales of other sites in that neighborhood.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21142787/nissan-stadiumarea-property-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.03.37 PM.png

That triangle has some history associated with it. It's the onetime site of the East Nashville or Edgefield Depot. (1908 map)

East Nashville Depot.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:09 AM, DJIII said:

1516 Ordway Place.  Empty lot across from Sweet 16th.  Looks like a plan for 2000 sft of commercial and 4 apartments is close to approval.  From permits it appears this project has had a few false starts dating back to 2009.  See link for more info:

https://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/MHZC/docs/2020 Meetings/8_19_2020/SR 1516 Ordwary Place 2020.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3MPfnZiY6jZxRS4dkpe21-YrRN2lOPOCDcjPwykGylAgv9tWSz_N1UYuQ

1516 Ordway.JPG

Yes, I remember when then-District 6 Council Member Mike Jameson put this SP in place back in 2009.  There were lots and lots of community meetings.  This lot had originally included an historic commercial building such as an HG Hill store not unlike the one that was renovated to become Lockeland Table restaurant.  My understanding is that it had been a Carrie Sissom property, for those who go back a ways.  But yes, this project has had a few false starts since 2009 but I am hopeful that with a new owner it will move forward this time.

• Like 3