Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

A seven building, 3 story, 184 unit apartment complex is being planned for 600 Creative Way by LDG Development.  Catalyst is the architect.  A ranch style home will be razed to make way on the several acre lot. No name for the project, no starting date announced, and no rendering yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21144972/permit-patrol-14-december-2020

600 Creative Way, Dec 14, 2020, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

600 Creative Way, Dec 14, 2020, site map.png

• Like 1

Wood Partners developers is planning an unnamed mixed-use project for 5.9 acres at 900-914 East Trinity Lane that will include 384 units in 3 buildings.  It appears that at least one of the existing single story warehouse structures on site might be repurposed as part of the plan.  A simple block rendering is all that is available at this time from architect Brock Hudgins.  A 2024 completion is planned.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145006/mixeduse-project-slated-for-east-side

900-914 East Trinity Lane, Dec 15, 2020, render.png

900-914 East Trinity Lane, Dec 15, 2020, site aerial.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

900-914 East Trinity Lane, Dec 15, 2020, site map.png

• Like 3

On 1/28/2020 at 2:43 PM, markhollin said:

A uniquely designed 4 story, 30,000 sq. ft. medical building is being planned for a 1.9 acre site at 302 Old Lebanon Dirt Rd. in Hermitage. Its style is influenced by the late modernist architect Eero Saarinen, and was designed by Manuel Zeitlin. Dube Orthopedics and Physical Therapy will be the primary tenant.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21112767/distinctive-office-building-eyed-for-hermitage

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.37.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.37.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.37.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.38.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.38.14 PM.png

Is this design still happening? I drove by here recently and noticed that the old house was demolished and they were doing some foundation work

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Is this design still happening? I drove by here recently and noticed that the old house was demolished and they were doing some foundation work

I read an article that stated that the new building is expected to open in November of next year. As far as I know, the design remains as indicated by the images posted.

• Like 2

All the permits are either active or open with the exception of the temp electrical permits that were rejected. So none of the permits have been issued.

1CACN T2020012191- Building Commercial - New302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDOpen2CAEL T2020065111- Electrical Permit302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDIMPULSE, INCRejected Application3CAEL T2020065237- Electrical Permit302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDIMPULSE, INCRejected Application4CAEL T2020065437- Electrical Permit302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDIMPULSE, INCRejected Application5PLZN 201900304- MPC Rezoning302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RD2019Z-071PR-001~BL2019-1671Open6SEWERCAP T2020014495- WS Sewer Capacity Fee302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDDUBE ORTHOPEDICSActive7SWGR 2020027611- Stormwater Grading Permit302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDDUBE ORTHOPEDICS09-16-2020Active8WATERCAP T2020014491- WS Water Capacity Fee302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDDUBE ORTHOPEDICSActive9WSAVAIL T2020078272- WS Water/Sewer Availability Review302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RD302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDActive10WSCS 201500278- WSCS302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RD12-14-2015Approved11WSPUBREV T2020035240- WS Water/Sewer Public Project Review302 OLD LEBANON DIRT RDDUBE ORTHOPEDICSDube OrthopedicsActive

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The only Calypso location that will remain as far as I know will be the one on Thompson. Both of the other locations from what I understand will not reopen.

Guess I'll be driving to the south side to get my black bean salad fix from now on.

Edited by Rockatansky
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Please tell me they didn't go to the trouble of building all of that right next to the train station and then not think to put a direct pedestrian connection from the residential complex to the train station.  

Looks like a question for Rookzie, but my guess it is a safety issue looking at the photo. I am not sure what the requirements are in building a pedestrian crossing across RR tracks but I would bet it is quiet exspensive and has to go through a bunch of State and Federal regulations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looks like a question for Rookzie, but my guess it is a safety issue looking at the photo. I am not sure what the requirements are in building a pedestrian crossing across RR tracks but I would bet it is quiet exspensive and has to go through a bunch of State and Federal regulations. 

You're probably right about there being some red tape involved, but I don't see what the safety issue would be if it was a bridge, for example.  I mean I'm sure it would take some extra effort and funding to make something like that happen, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of building a supposedly transit-oriented development if you aren't going to actually orient the development to transit?  Even if the station is technically close enough that they could hit it with a rock from their bedroom window, If it still requires a half a mile walk to get there a lot of people will probably just drive there anyway, especially in a place like Mt. Juliet not accustomed to walking places.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

Hill Center Greenwood (72,800 sq. ft. of retail, 14 townhomes) has most of its exterior work complete.  The Starbucks and Chase Bank appear to be open.

Looking NE from intersection of Gallatin Ave. and Sharp Ave:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Sharpe Ave., 1/2 block east of Gallatin Ave:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from within the complex:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 3.jpeg

Looking south from within the complex:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from within the complex:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 5.jpeg

Looking west from within the complex:

Hill Center Greenwood, Dec 20, 2020, 6.jpeg