Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I always try to do it. Glad to do so especially when they are local.

Really local in this case as EOA is located in East Nashville.  They are also aiding in the rebuild of the YMCA on Russell and the East End United Methodist Church...both of which were destroyed in the tornado as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Are there any rendering of the East End UMC? I would be very much interested in seeing those. Mark Sanders is doing the Y, correct?

You missed out on it during the vigil walk on the anniversary of the tornado as they had the rendering shown for the public to see.  I'm a fan.

Mark and Patti Sanders continue their civic duty in the East End neighborhood and purchased the Y.  I don't believe that design is public yet.

3 hours ago, CandyAisles said:

You missed out on it during the vigil walk on the anniversary of the tornado as they had the rendering shown for the public to see.  I'm a fan.

Mark and Patti Sanders continue their civic duty in the East End neighborhood and purchased the Y.  I don't believe that design is public yet.

I should have gotten over there as I spent several days helping a friend on Holly clean up. This was her second tornado as she went through the first one in 98.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I see no point in requiring new construction of multi unit residential buildings to be set back from Gallatin Rd. there. It’s all commercial along that stretch. Now there’ll be a sea of asphalt in the front?

Not to defend it in any way, but...that stretch of Gallatin has a LOT of grass. School and school grounds across the street. Single family homes with huge front yards on the side of Gallatin where these townhomes are. So, contextually, it would look weird having all the houses set way back from the Pike with something else jammed right up to the road.  Hope that makes sense....

Screenshot_20210317-072846_Maps.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Not to defend it in any way, but...that stretch of Gallatin has a LOT of grass. School and school grounds across the street. Single family homes with huge front yards on the side of Gallatin where these townhomes are. So, contextually, it would look weird having all the houses set way back from the Pike with something else jammed right up to the road.  Hope that makes sense....

Screenshot_20210317-072846_Maps.jpg

You are correct about this. The historic contextual setbacks for Gallatin were extremely deep. Many of these parcels were working farms well into the 20th Century. The schools, churches and remaining grand homes were all usually set back on Gallatin north of Eastland. Moving buildings to the sidewalk makes sense in some locations but not others. 

• Like 2