Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 4/9/2021 at 3:03 PM, markhollin said:

The 39 acre trailer park at 500 Cheyenne Blvd. in Madison known as Old Hickory has sold for $14.5 million to an unknown LLC.  My guess is some sort of new residential community will be built here eventually.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21147046/new-images-released-for-river-north-project

This is a shame. These and the trailer parks along Dickerson in EN are sorely needed affordable housing.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Actually the guy that bought it owns more trailer parks.

Well maybe he won't tear them down then.

• Like 1

Home Work East LLC has applied for a Water & Sewer availability permit for 3930 Gallatin Pike.  They paid $1.25 million for the site in Feb.  At one time a 4 story structure was being planned for the site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21147194/freeman-webb-pays-183m-for-kentucky-apartment-complex

3930 Gallatin Ave, Jan 4, 2019, site map.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwithers1 said:

Yes, typically it would. The Zoning Administrator would have to confirm, but I believe that you are right. My understanding is that a structure is planned here, although the mix of uses and design have not yet been finalized. There were originally 80 apartments planned for this site and that was reduced to 24 townhomes, I would love to get some of those apartments back at this corner near the bus stop. The. Um er of pedestrians using the new crosswalk at West Greenwood Ave is strong.  That crosswalk was needed.

It might make sense to leave the sidewalks as-is for the moment if a temporary surface parking is planned while a building is being designed.. The portions of the site abutting the sidewalks were surface parking anyway.

I live a block away from the Hill Center Greenwood and the main complaint that I hear from neighbors on Sharpe is that cars line up on Sharpe trying to get in to the Starbucks drive through, which already wraps all the way around the Starbucks outbuilding. I try to advise my neighbors on Sharpe that I would trade the traffic congestion - and therefore calming - on Sharpe for all of the increased cut-through traffic on Granada.

But the lines also speak to the popularity of the Starbucks location with a drive through lane for commuters.

Hill Center Greenwood was desperately needed for pedestrian-sake.  I've noticed a bunch more pedestrian activity down Greenwood as well due to this.  Would be lovely to have a cross walk at either 12th or 14th and Greenwood.

• Like 1