Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Agree with Brett on this one. If you have ever dealt with insurance companies and insurance claims it can be very time consuming and the bigger the claim the more complicated. This goes for simple claims that can take over a year to a serious auto accident that can take 5 years to settle.

Depending on the type of insurance they had, it can take a while, and remember where you are. Nashville is very hard to find contractors to do the work, materials have gone sky high, etc. You have the same issue with the B&B hotel down the street. HG Hill is just now getting started with the rebuilding on their building.

As far as the Stadium Inn I am clueless as to what is going on with that one.

I noticed some activity today which appeared to be the creation of a roadway into a property at which I believe an apartment complex is proposed. Stewart’s Ferry Pike at McCrory Creek Road (just off I-40). I don’t recall details of the old proposal, nor am I certain if there have been changes to what is coming.

(image shared from Google maps)

C2A0661B-CD65-4298-8631-E621DB3660F7.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Thanks 2

Yea, I think this is a small apartment project from Elmington Capitol if memory serves me. Its not that big but I think that's  the spot.

I will have to go back and look at Development tracker and the permits to make sure but that was three or so months ago. Was not really worth reporting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Rob Lowe is no idiot. What they have planned there is junk compared to what could go there and money spent compared to what they could make is pocket change.

Besides I have hated this project from the start. Tear the POS down as it has nothing but bad memories and connotations!

100% agree! Can't imagine sticking with the original plan at this point. Heck, he could just turn around and flip the property now and would likely make lots more money than re-imagining the Stadium Inn. 

Speaking of which - the proposed tax restructure, incl. major capital gains tax rate changes, potential 1031 elimination, corporate tax rate increase, etc. MAY spur a flurry of real property sales - for 2021 closing. JMO. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I noticed some activity today which appeared to be the creation of a roadway into a property at which I believe an apartment complex is proposed. Stewart’s Ferry Pike at McCrory Creek Road (just off I-40). I don’t recall details of the old proposal, nor am I certain if there have been changes to what is coming.

(image shared from Google maps)

C2A0661B-CD65-4298-8631-E621DB3660F7.jpeg

Poplar bend Elmington.

C0-00 COVER (nashville.gov)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Studio 79 will be a 4 story residential building with 79 units at 3810 Gallatin Pike.  Manuel Zietlin is the architect, and Bacar is the contractor. It is currently under construction.

Studio 79, 3810 Gallatin, May 5, 2021 render.png

Excited for more residential in Inglewood. Probably the largest multi family development this far north. This section of Gallatin won’t be half bad, this + whatever happens at 3930,  from Sip and Shotgun Willie’s through El Fuego and Inglewood Lounge, down to the new crosswalk across Stratford. 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, andywildman said:

Excited for more residential in Inglewood. Probably the largest multi family development this far north. This section of Gallatin won’t be half bad, this + whatever happens at 3930,  from Sip and Shotgun Willie’s through El Fuego and Inglewood Lounge, down to the new crosswalk across Stratford. 

Ground floor retail would have been even nicer and would help activate that stretch of Gallatin Rd. 

Edited by TnNative
Added info
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, TnNative said:

Ground floor retail would have been even nicer and would help activate that stretch of Gallatin Rd. 

I agree with you! I’d love to see Gallatin in Inglewood as a mix of 3-4 story mixed use buildings while keeping some of the old converted houses sprinkled in for character (El Fuego, Beck & Beck, Inglewood Dentristy)... 

But is there demand to fill new-build commercial space up here? From the old piggly wiggly to some of the converted houses, I plenty of signs saying commercial space for lease. It doesn’t surprise me that a developer would opt for more ground floor residential. Once we’ve got more residents, I think we’ll see future projects go the mixed-use route.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, andywildman said:

But is there demand to fill new-build commercial space up here? From the old piggly wiggly to some of the converted houses, I plenty of signs saying commercial space for lease.

Probably yes. Of course, it depends on what the retail is for. Population of EN is around 60k, and growing. But Gallatin Ave/Pike is a major road connecting many folks to the area from Madison. Traffic counts are around 26-27k cars/day along that stretch. That's a lot of potential customers.... 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

927 Woodland (rehab/addition for a 3 story bar) update: Topped out.

Looking NW from Woodland St., 1/4 block east of Mcferrin Ave:

927 Woodland, May 8, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Woodland St. and Mcferrin Ave:

927 Woodland, May 8, 2021, 2.jpeg

This one has taken forever. It was started years ago. Then the tornado and other weather disasters. Then I think a fir, too. I feel bad for those guys.

• Like 4