Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

The circa-1936 church structure at 901 Meridian St. in Cleveland Park has changed hands again.  It has been purchased for $5.3 million by Invent Communities, Inc.  No word on their plans.  It had been purchased in 2018 by Bond Collective for $4.5 million with plans to make it into a shared work space. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-side-ex-church-property-sells-for-5-3m/article_af16c39a-d834-11eb-b7ff-07a89528dd75.html

1430493607_901MeridianJune282021siteaerial.png

901 Meridian, June 28, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3

On 6/28/2021 at 7:29 AM, markhollin said:

A 9.6 acre Driftwood St. site, just east of downtown beyond the I-24/40 split is being sold. The land is already zoned for office use.  Equitable Property Co., which is handling the sale, claims to have had over 100 inquiries so far (many of them residential developers), and states that the price may end up being in the $85 range per sq. ft., which means it could fetch at least $35 million.  Real Estate investor Roger Brown bought the site for $8.5 million in 2017.

Some conceptual renderings for how the site might be developed are below.   The most ambitious concept shows 30, 24, 16 and 8 story structures including office, residential, hotel, retail, and parking garages. One thing is certain, if something substantial ends here, there will definitely be a need for serious water taxi service along the river front connecting all the way up to Oracle and beyond. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/06/25/driftwood-st-site-hits-the-market.html

Marketing website:

https://my.rcm1.com/handler/modern.aspx?pv=aqX4lZ7JBp-vZqXwtiA35Cbln2tpIBafp3J-roGjwRk#_section_1

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, site.png

Various concepts:

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, rendering 1.png

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, rendering 2.png

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, rendering 3.png

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, rendering 4.png

Driftwood, June 28, 2021, rendering 5.png

This is not East Nashville, as it is on the West Bank.

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I Will believe this when I see it! How many times have we seen this before and this is a small time developer.

Agreed! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Nashville will never see another theme park. Between land costs, construction costs, operating costs, and labor costs (and labor shortages) a theme park just doesn’t make financial sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The site is directly east of downtown and is on the way to Donelson, so I think this is the correct thread for the post.

8C819F41-3E1F-49E3-84F1-EA9296A0F662.jpeg

Yeah---this is a tough call because pretty much everything north of I-40 heading eastward is included in our MASSIVE coverage area that makes up the "East Nashville" thread.  

3 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Agreed! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Nashville will never see another theme park. Between land costs, construction costs, operating costs, and labor costs (and labor shortages) a theme park just doesn’t make financial sense.

Sorry I posted this on the wrong thread. It is on Bits & Ps now.