Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this.  Please move it if not.  This story left me pondering the bleaker side of the hot development market that is Nashville right now...

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mobile-home-residents-decry-mass-evictions/article_3611f336-be07-5d35-9192-b890e13cf178.html

If you can't access the article, it's about tenants/mobile home owners who are being evicted so the owner can cash out (my perspective).

(excerpt) 

Around three weeks ago, the owner of a mobile home community on Dickerson Pike started to deliver notices to tenants telling them to leave their lots by Aug. 31, according to residents. The evictions will take place as the owner of the mobile home park, Tony Clouse, seeks to sell the property and will follow renovations made to the area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, markhollin said:

Some more details about Music City Roots Barn being built in Madison:

- The 600 seat venue is scheduled to be complete by spring of 2022.

- It is modeled in part after the Barns at Wolftrap in Virginia.

- Will be the permanent home for the Music City Roots shows, as well as a Sunday Soul Brunch with the McCrary Sisters.

- It will also host ticketed shows of all kinds.

- It will also have a catering kitchen and event staff, permitting private events such as fundraisers, corporate dinners, release parties and more.

- Adjacent to the barn, a separate building will house a remote studio for partner WMOT Roots Radio 89.5 FM, the 100,000-watt Americana-format public radio station out of Middle Tennessee State University.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/08/600-seat-music-venue-set-for-madison-area-in-2022.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_NA&csrc=6398&taid=60e75943b9a11500017c0e47&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

By reminder, here's the rendering that was released last year:

Music City Roots, Madison, July 10, 2019, render 1.png

Centric Architecture posted on their instagram that Timber is on site for the Roots Barn

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRG5Op7hQqQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• markhollin changed the title to Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

Well, this thing has finally opened: a tiny house hotel/motel close to my neighborhood. Was hoping for better density at this prime position on Riverside Dr & Rosebank.  At least they're wrapping things up, as it stood half-finished and forlorn from early 2020. Interesting concept and curious to see how it does.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/tiny-house-hotel-ironwood-grove-opening-in-east-nashville-on-riverside-drive

Photography courtesy of NewsChannel 5 Nashville.

dims4.jpg

Edited by Flatrock
Add photograph
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Flatrock said:

Well, this thing has finally opened: a tiny house hotel/motel close to my neighborhood. Was hoping for better density at this prime position on Riverside Dr & Rosebank.  At least they're wrapping things up, as it stood half-finished and forlorn from early 2020. Interesting concept and curious to see how it does.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/tiny-house-hotel-ironwood-grove-opening-in-east-nashville-on-riverside-drive

Photography courtesy of NewsChannel 5 Nashville.

dims4.jpg

There's also one at Glencliff UMC next to I-24 and Thompson Lane, but that belongs on another thread.

28 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

There's also one at Glencliff UMC next to I-24 and Thompson Lane, but that belongs on another thread.

Don't believe that is a tiny house hotel. Those are tiny houses for homeless.

Edited by Flatrock
clarification
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

That is most definitely not a tiny house hotel. Those are a tiny houses for homeless. 

Quite true.  In my haste to read all the UP posts, I didn't see the "hotel/motel" word.  I've been watching this grow since I pass it once a week after church.

Still, I think it's wonderful that Glencliff UMC has created this project.  I spoke with someone from the neighborhood who does not attend the church but volunteered to help with the gardening.

• Like 2