Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

That area is really taking off!  I've got to see it on my next visit. 

It actually sucks.  It's (highly likely) not inhabited by any natives or long time/term residents.  Also, this is the spot where the much maligned 'The Fashion House' is which is akin to a STR property on steroids.  Why that patch of land blew up like it did, I would really like to know. It will also make the expansion of that part of the interstate impossible. 

The Golden Pony will be 60s-vibe cocktail bar in Highland Yards (the former Vaughn Manufacturing plant) at 757 Douglas Ave.  A permit to build-out has been applied for. Creative Design Professionals is the architect.  An early 2022 opening is planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/east-nashville-slated-for-cocktail-bar/article_e0de394e-0061-11ec-a968-3b7388192e69.html

Golden Pony, Aug 19, 2021, render.png

Golden Pony, Aug 19, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

It will make the expansion of that part of the interstate impossible?  Hell, that's enough to justify the development all on its own.

Even then, it won’t. All they have to do is rebuild the Fern Ave bridge without the small “hill” in the median to gain more room to rework that interchange. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nashville Cliff said:

It will make the expansion of that part of the interstate impossible?  Hell, that's enough to justify the development all on its own.

That’s right. But to suggest it makes widening impossible is absurd. There’s so much land surrounding the interstate, not to mention all the cloverleaf interchanges. 

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Elder’s Ace Hardware has applied for a permit at 2622 Gallatin Pike (next to the YMCA).

I was wondering if the BZA approved this. I have had so much to keep track of this one went through the crack of doom. Glad to see you are getting a  good hardware store here.

• Like 1

I'm thinking what with all the new hotels and restaurants coming online in the Downtown/Gulch/Midtown area the hospitality workers (who don't exactly get rich at their jobs-trust me) are going to need some affordable housing near downtown.

I nominate Dickerson Pike-the area is crying out for redevelopment and I believe there is still some (relatively) less expensive land in that area.

So, why not kill two birds with one stone? Provide much needed affordable housing to downtown hospitality workers and others and redevelop a blighted area at the same time?

I hope MDHA and other city officials along with some thoughtful developers can come up with a reasonable plan of action....

• Like 1

Problem is much of the available land is already being snapped up by developers and that started several years ago when the Oracle rumors started. MDHA will have to go north of Trinity but that land is starting to increase in value and starting to turnover as well. MDHA is slow to react and really has limited resources to do multiple projects at one time. The only thing they can do is farm projects out to companies like Elmington that does affordable housing projects.

38 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

An interior renovation permit has been pulled for 1202 Gallatin Ave (across from the new Publix). Resolution Eyecare will occupy 3,247 SF of the property. According to the Property Record Card, the front building exactly matches the square footage so the hangar building in back is still available. Resolution Eyecare was previously located in the HG Hill building located at the corner of Woodland and S 10th Street that was destroyed by the tornado last year. Daniels Chandler Architects are handling the design and MTLC Building Group will be handling the construction.

A snapshot from smeagolsfree's Development Map.

image.thumb.png.890a1889d147fda30c0d5f228c0e8cc7.png

I’ve been watching this one closely. Very little activity since June in e-Permits, but there are utility markings all over the sidewalk along Gallatin. Crews were out last week working on the hanger. 

The used car lot next to this property is now vacant with for sale and for rent signs posted along the fence. 

• Like 4

The Link (5 stories, 221 residential units at 51 Lucille St.) has secured a $30 million loan from Commerce Bank in St. Louis.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-major-permit-issued-for-gulch-tower-project/article_81010552-05ba-11ec-a189-fb0287ffe78e.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3