Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

19 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

New permit for 2300 Riverside Drive. This is for the new building across from Mitchell’s and Village Pub. Construction has been halted for almost a year and a half. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/4038168?page=1&searchText=2300 Riverside dr&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

New Single Story Shell Building for future retail and possibility of a single restaurant suite. Note that this project already had a permit approved (#2019050986) for construction of 4-story R-2 Residential. That construction project was stopped (Covid) and the design is being changed to Single Story Retail. If it is reasonable to maintain that permit number, please do. The project will need new plans review because it’s a different use. So, if it needs its own new permit application number, please assign accordingly. POC CENTRIC ARCHITECTURE

So, in the face of considerable neighborhood pushback, the developer tore down single story retail to build 4-story residential, let the the site sit vacant for 18 months, and are now want to build . . . single story retail. And people wonder why Nashvillians sometimes grow weary of developers.

Edited by Nashville Cliff
fixed a typo
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

New permit for 2300 Riverside Drive. This is for the new building across from Mitchell’s and Village Pub. Construction has been halted for almost a year and a half. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/4038168?page=1&searchText=2300 Riverside dr&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

New Single Story Shell Building for future retail and possibility of a single restaurant suite. Note that this project already had a permit approved (#2019050986) for construction of 4-story R-2 Residential. That construction project was stopped (Covid) and the design is being changed to Single Story Retail. If it is reasonable to maintain that permit number, please do. The project will need new plans review because it’s a different use. So, if it needs its own new permit application number, please assign accordingly. POC CENTRIC ARCHITECTURE

Good to see this get moving again.

I'm likely in the minority, but I've got conflicted feelings here - I'm sad to see it go to single story, but I'm thrilled to not have to deal with dozens of STRs just down the street.

That corner is prime for two- or three-story mixed use with long-term rentals or condos.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ For those unable to access the link, the 501 Crutcher St. proposal takes up two parcels totaling 6.8 acres just SW of Envision Cayce and will entail 550 condo units.  No word on the height.

@markhollin is that a typo, or truly 550 condos? At 6.8 acres, and assuming each condo is roughly 1,200 SF, that would envision roughly 3-story building encompassing the entire site, or a structure getting taller if not all of the site is not used for condos. 

• Like 4

My question is why is he using the old rates. The water rate is now 1375.00 and the sewer rate is 2300.00 GPD. I thinkith someone madeith a mistake. The rate he used was 350 GPD. I am not sure what the old sewer rate was, but either way when this is reviewed he will be in for sticker shock when the real numbers are thrown out.

By my calculations, the number would be astronomical so I think his flow is off. It looks as if he did this himself without the help of an engineering firm which does not look good on his part.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I knew there was something screwy with the numbers and they were really low per the number of units and what I have seen for other developments of smaller sizes in the past.

Even the 845,250 is low from what I have seen as numbers I have seen for smaller developments are well over a million for the 100% fee.

I will see if I can find an example.

This is one from up on Dickerson Pike with a similar number.   Just saying it was off….Also just found out Roy Dale & Associates did the work and the numbers are just a place holder and not anywhere close to be the correct amount. They want to do a project but not that number and not necessarily condos. Based on the below numbers the correct water numbers would be 1,265,000.00 and the sewer would be 700,150.00.

WSSCOMCAP WS Commercial Capacity (1 Unit = 350 Gallons per Day) 573 2,300.00

WSWCOMCAPWS Commercial Water Capacity (1 Unit = 350 Gallons per Day)5731,375.00

Fees

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJIII said:

To be objective though… how often does this scenario happen? There’s no defending this particular developer. It’s indefensible to leave a prime lot like this for 2-years. Covid is not an excuse. Building continued all over Nashville during Covid. This is my neighborhood. I’m pissed. I supported the developer in the face of what I saw as overly-NIMBYish opposition. But now I’m burnt because they abandoned the lot.

However, this is not a common occurrence & unfair to lump in other developers because of an outlier. Plenty of other reasons (poor materials, uncreative design, cheap flips, etc) to hate on developers. But this situation is kind of a one-off IMO.

Good question. It may be that I am keying on the high vis delays like the demolition of the old lodge for Lake Palmer, the demolition of the historic home at the Buddy Killen Roudabout for the Virgin Hotel, and the demolition of the historic buildings in the Gulch for the W.  At least the Virgin and the W eventually progressed. And although WES never happened, we eventually got Broadwest.  I agree that the opposition on the development at McGavock and Riverside was misguided and overwrought, but now they appear vindicated.

• Like 2