Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, CandyAisles said:

"Gotta paint that brick white so the rust stains will show up better."

It's interesting brick detailing nonetheless.

Also, what is with the blue accent? The development up on Gallatin at the Briley intersection is using it and it just looks odd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

1012 Main St. (3 stories, 21 units) update.

Looking SE from intersection of Main St. and Forrest Ave:

1012 Main, Oct 3, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Forrest Ave., 1/2 block east of Main St:

1012 Main, Oct 3, 2021, 2.jpeg

This building was a lot prettier before the red brick got painted white. Is it all going to be STR?

Is this shade of blue suddenly in? It looks like the same blue they put on "The Avery" just south of where Gallatin crosses Briley.

Just now, andywildman said:

This building was a lot prettier before the red brick got painted white. Is it all going to be STR?

Is this shade of blue suddenly in? It looks like the same blue they put on "The Avery" just south of where Gallatin crosses Briley.

I should've finished reading the thread, @Bos2Nashalready beat me to the sentiment.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Fake blood.  Getting ready for Halloween.   :tw_grimace:

I will say that's an unfortunate placement of the electric panel box right on the sidewalk.   Surely, that could have gone around the side or back of the building.  

Not to pile on because this is still a better use than a parking lot, but the panel box is nothing compared to the backflow preventer on the corner of the property facing 10th and Main.  Hiring electrical and plumbing engineers would have helped here.

image.png.72026df4660bbaeba29a07fd5d872fb3.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, gannman said:

The 5 Spot is well insulated. They shouldn't have any noise issues.

They accused me of bringing a beer into the bar once and kicked me out 10 minutes after I payed a $10 cover. They refused to give me my money back even though I tried to explain the situation.

I did not, in fact, bring a beer in (my friends did and I was the one who took the fall) so I've never returned there and would be fine with them getting in trouble for noise ordinances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gannman said:

The 5 Spot is well insulated. They shouldn't have any noise issues.

At first I read your post as they were 'legally' insulated and then figured out you were talking about soundproofing.  The latter does not make me feel any better about their fate.  Whatever Dallas/Chicago/NewYahk/Anaheim debutante moves there will do everything in their Daddy's power to close The 5 Spot.

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

They accused me of bringing a beer into the bar once and kicked me out 10 minutes after I payed a $10 cover. They refused to give me my money back even though I tried to explain the situation.

I did not, in fact, bring a beer in (my friends did and I was the one who took the fall) so I've never returned there and would be fine with them getting in trouble for noise ordinances. 

That sounds like a 'you' problem, brah.

Take a lap.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Also, pray for The 5 Spot.  I bet these transplant fudges will try to kill it.

Will do. So many good memories over the years at The 5 Spot. One of the few small, independent places carrying the torch for authentic live music and community. Haven't been since Covid. Will rectify that shortly.