Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Drove down Maplewood Trace earlier.  They're installing a sidewalk on the North side (there is already sidewalk on the South side for about half the block[???]) of the street and putting in lots of drainage pipes nearer to the corner of Dickerson, right next to the TV station.  Also, lots of Tonka trucks in action at the site on the South side of the street. 

Gotta wonder if those improvements would have happened if the development weren't happening.

• Like 2

I don’t think TDOT is going to give up any ROW in that area and if anything will be looking for more.

There is supposed to be a major revamp of that entire interchange at some point soon. When I say interchange I think the Spring. St., Ellington, Main St, and maybe Woodland could be involved as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I don’t think TDOT is going to give up any ROW in that area and if anything will be looking for more.

There is supposed to be a major revamp of that entire interchange at some point soon. When I say interchange I think the Spring. St., Ellington, Main St, and maybe Woodland could be involved as well.

Interesting. Nothing listed on the TDOT project site for Region 3 yet.

Talk to Brett. This is something in the planning stages from my understanding. They are supposed to fix the big Charlie Foxtrot of an interchange at Ellington & Spring.

He had mentioned this in the East Nash planning session thread somewhere too. 

I may be getting old and not remembering right but I am pretty sure I remember this and I think I heard it somewhere else too or even read it..

• Like 3

Amazon will open its 16th  distribution center in the area at 1641 Lebanon Pike Circle (90,000 sq. ft.). No word on how many new jobs will be created. Generally these centers employ between 100-200.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/10/25/luxury-housing-market-booms.html

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.31.35 AM.png

• Like 4