Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, nashvylle said:

From metro planning email:

E57B12CD-1FB2-497A-9AD5-FD44E0432ED5.jpeg

That map is just simply to vague in nature to make anything of it. There is no way to know if they will be using existing streets, new streets or what.

Is this going to be a Blvd?  Is this a complete street? Is this Multimodal in Nature?  Is it a limited traffic flow street? How much private property would be taken? What steps are being taken to limit existing projects already in the works?

I know Brett is highly in favor of this, but there are no details only a 50 million dollar price tag and when you throw that out there with no details it will get zero support! When you ask people to sign on to a deal without knowing what it will cost them land wise I would be very skeptical to start with. No wonder there is push back in the council.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That map is just simply to vague in nature to make anything of it. There is no way to know if they will be using existing streets, new streets or what.

Is this going to be a Blvd?  Is this a complete street? Is this Multimodal in Nature?  Is it a limited traffic flow street? How much private property would be taken? What steps are being taken to limit existing projects already in the works?

I know Brett is highly in favor of this, but there are no details only a 50 million dollar price tag and when you throw that out there with no details it will get zero support! When you ask people to sign on to a deal without knowing what it will cost them land wise I would be very skeptical to start with. No wonder there is push back in the council.

I'm guessing more will be revealed at the next community meeting on Nov. 30th (see the East Bank thread). And we'll also have the opportunity to ask plenty of questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

The front row of houses at Eastwood Village nearly complete, at least on the outside. Work continues on the parsonage, and the sanctuary is looking good.

eastwood village update.jpg

They are very elegant looking homes. I do wish there was a bit more diversity in the design though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

You mean like this. A little paint will work once they sell. These are a little different but not much.

See the source image

Paint will surely go a long way (if the presumed HOA allows such a travesty to occur :tw_smirk:)

The Painted Ladies of San Francisco are delightful and quite playful, but also what makes them so nice is the minute detailing that differs at the cornices, balconies, windows etc. unfortunately so much of the new construction (not just these three structures) just lacks that when standing next to one another. I am a big proponent of "Less is More" in many cases, but if we put the exact same "Less is More" next to one another over and over again it gets a bit dull and kinda sterile.

• Like 4

My only point is that the housing being constructed the same has been done before. To that point Row housing in NYC, Philadelphia and other large cities. Here is an example of older homes that are of similar construction all painted the same. This a historic are in Kingsport called White City.  White City - Kingsport, TN (kingsporttn.gov) Pretty cool stuff as all the neighbors still keep the homes White.

NashvilleNowNext has a feature on the progress at Laurel & Pine (4 stories, 166 units, 23,000 sq. ft. of adaptive commercial re-use on former manufacturing structures). It includes some new diagrams and renderings.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/11/23/progress-on-laurel-pine-a-new-energetic-mixed-use-hub-in-east-nashville/

Laurel & Pine, Nov 23, 2021, render 1.png

Laurel & Pine, Nov 23, 2021, render 2.png

Laurel & Pine, Nov 23, 2021, diagram 1.png

Laurel & Pine, Nov 23, 2021, diagram 2.png

• Like 4

Neyer Properties has purchased 8 acres of undeveloped land at 628 Ermac Drive (just east of Century City) for $2.8 million with a plan to build three to four story complex with up to 300 multifamily units.  Total investment for the development will be $60 million. Neyer will be seeking a partner on the project by January, and is currently going through proposals. They hope to break ground in fall of 2022. No architect or contractor has been selected yet.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/11/29/neyer-properties-buys-nashville-properties.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.13.24 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1