Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

According to The East Nashvillian:

Fran’s East Side, the favorite beer joint and smokey karaoke hangout of East Nashville hipsters and old-timers, shut the doors of its 2105 Greenwood Ave. location for good Dec. 30, after announcing this summer it has lost its lease. Fran’s will relocate to 2504 Dickerson Pike — the former location of the also recently-shuttered Bellshire Pizza — but an opening date is unknown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

The Ontario (4 stories,  62 condos; 17 three-story townhomes) currently u.c. on Lebanon Pike, just east of Spence Lane has some new renderings and info at The Tennessean:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2022/01/09/planned-condo-townhome-community-connects-downtown-and-donelson/9027491002/

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.40.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.40.10 AM.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

4605 Gallatin Pike was a two story residential/office building that was once home to I think a lawyer/title company.  The building was purchased several years ago, they attempted to add on to it but left it in disrepair where it sat for several more years.  It was purchased by a new LLC that seems to be local and has been demolished.  Interested to see what goes here.  Nothing in Parcel Viewer besides the demo permit.

This structure was always a curious one on my drives south on Gallatin. Sucks that the previous owner left it in such disarray, but hopefully something nice replaces it. There are some decent trees that provide some nice buffer to the street. I hope they keep the trees with whatever they do end up doing with it. Unless the new owners purchase the decent looking house in between it and the bank to build something of decent scale.

46 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

One of the units at 4309 Gallatin Pike has sold to an LLC out Arizona.   Boo.

So basically a corporate rental or an STR investment property. STRs are allowed on this property with zoning conditions, so I presume they met whatever was required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

This structure was always a curious one on my drives south on Gallatin. Sucks that the previous owner left it in such disarray, but hopefully something nice replaces it. There are some decent trees that provide some nice buffer to the street. I hope they keep the trees with whatever they do end up doing with it. Unless the new owners purchase the decent looking house in between it and the bank to build something of decent scale.

They cut the trees down a few weeks prior to the demo.  : (

• Sad 2

On 1/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, grilled_cheese said:

One of the units at 4309 Gallatin Pike has sold to an LLC out Arizona.   Boo.

I found the real estate agent representing the developer at 4309 Gallatin… she specializes in STR investors - likely most or all of those units will be short term rentals. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Studio 79 (4 stories, 79 units) update: Topped out.

Kinda looks like a really big barn.  Remind me, is there any ground floor retail with this or is it all residential?

47 minutes ago, andywildman said:

I found the real estate agent representing the developer at 4309 Gallatin… she specializes in STR investors - likely most or all of those units will be short term rentals. :(

I just hope all 12 units don't go the way of non-owner occupied STR.  Because then it's like what's the fudgeing point?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Kinda looks like a really big barn.  Remind me, is there any ground floor retail with this or is it all residential?

I just hope all 12 units don't go the way of non-owner occupied STR.  Because then it's like what's the fudgeing point?

Agreed, but if half went STR I would not want to be in the same building. STR’s are horrible neighbors by and large. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

Remind me, is there any ground floor retail with this or is it all residential?

Studio 79 included no retail. Gallatin Pike in Inglewood still has a bit of for-lease commercial space. We’re probably still a couple developments away from really needing to build full-ground floor retail (unfortunately).

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

Anybody want to help stand up an investment company where we’ll buy up various STR units and convert them to long term rental or resident-owned developments?

I can guarantee we won’t make money, but we will make better neighbors!

• Like 2