Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

18 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Was really hoping this would become something like a Cava or Radish. Not thrilled to hear that it is Velvet Taco, no need for a third one in Nashville. And isn't Bar Taco opening up on Woodland as well in the new developments?

On 6/19/2022 at 5:17 AM, markhollin said:

Hill Center Five Points (2 stories, 11,600 sq. ft. retail/office, rebuild after March 2020 tornado) update:  appears complete.

Looking SW from intersection of Woodland St. and South 10th St:

Hill Center 5 Points, June 12, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Woodland St., 1/8 block west of South 10th St:

Hill Center 5 Points, June 12, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Woodland St., 1/4 block west of South 10th St:

Hill Center 5 Points, June 12, 2022, 3.jpeg

I think I was the most heartbroken to have lost Soda Shop from that building, but I'm glad to see the building rebuilt. They did a good job and it's a different yet functional design. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, macdougall said:

Was really hoping this would become something like a Cava or Radish. Not thrilled to hear that it is Velvet Taco, no need for a third one in Nashville. And isn't Bar Taco opening up on Woodland as well in the new developments?

Yes, Bar Taco will be situated at the corner of 10th and Woodland with Edleys relocating from Main Street to the slot between Bar Taco and Boston Commons.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

1202 Gallatin (repurposing of two 1 story structures for retail/restaurant space) update: new glass in place.

Looking NW from intersection of Gallatin Ave. and Greenwood Ave:

1202 Gallatin, June 19, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from within site:

1202 Gallatin, June 19, 2022, 2.jpeg

Eager to see what comes of this. I go by it almost daily, and the progress seems stalled. Haven't walked back and looked into the hangar area though.

I believe it has been stated previously, but the permits (and my conversation with a colleague) indicate the front building will be the relocated Resolution Eye Care (was in the Burger Up building that was destroyed by the tornado) and the hangar building will be a "Float Bar" 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I believe it has been stated previously, but the permits (and my conversation with a colleague) indicate the front building will be the relocated Resolution Eye Care (was in the Burger Up building that was destroyed by the tornado) and the hangar building will be a "Float Bar" 

I’m not sure about the Float Bar, but Resolution Eyecare is the tenant for the front building. The owner ran into some trouble with codes for doing work without a permit - most of that has been settled now.

I’ve contacted the owner of the former used car parking lot next door and he’s pretty set on leasing his lot. 

• Like 1

America's Best Value Inn, the former hotel at 3887 Central Pike in Hermitage, is going to be converted into an apartment complex. Adam Rosenberg bought the property for $6.6 million last week from Sanjay Patel.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hotel-prepped-for-apparent-apartment-conversion/article_4ca8e83e-f3fc-11ec-9577-178c6c8407bc.html

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 7.58.51 AM.png

• Like 2

Neyer Properties is l=planning a 150 unit residential project (3 stories?) on 4.9 acres at 713 Ermac Drive just north of the airport. Neyer recently purchased the undeveloped land for $2 million. Across the street to the west they are apparently also going to have another 200 unit complex.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/cincy-company-eyes-first-nashville-development/article_ca320a5c-f635-11ec-8b24-f730a0aea29d.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Neyer Apts, 713 Ermac, June 27, 2022, site map.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Neyer Properties is l=planning a 150 unit residential project (3 stories?) on 4.9 acres at 713 Ermac Drive just north of the airport. Neyer recently purchased the undeveloped land for $2 million. Across the street to the west they are apparently also going to have another 200 unit complex.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/cincy-company-eyes-first-nashville-development/article_ca320a5c-f635-11ec-8b24-f730a0aea29d.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Neyer Apts, 713 Ermac, June 27, 2022, site map.png

150 residents hearing airplanes all day and night 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, markhollin said:

Dunkin' Donuts is planning a location on the vacant lot at 926 Gallatin Ave.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/dunkin-planned-for-east-nashville-property/article_31b100b4-f7d2-11ec-a683-479a8cdb4cf0.html

1350180174_ScreenShot2022-06-29at1_33_02PM.png

It’s a little bit creepy to me that the map shows a geotag of my house on that arial map!

But back to the topic at hand: as a reminder, the reason why some of these car-centric designs are still permitted for new builds on Main Street/Gallatin  is that the Gallatin Road SP was challenged and thrown out in court and replaced in 2013 by the Gallatin Pike UDO that makes the bulk zoning requirements of the underlying base zoning optional.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1