Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 6/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, Bos2Nash said:

714 & 730 Main Street: Fencing went up a little while ago, but a drilling rig was on site this morning. My presumption is this is for a geotechnical report for structural design. 

Couldn't grab a picture, but this is the location from Smeag's development map

image.thumb.png.6a37ef37f9315150a9d214d6194165d1.png

Building came down this morning. Didn't snap a pic (driving), but the excavator was actively cleaning up the debris pile on my way into the office.

• Like 1

The Six.O.Nine development (4 stories, 120 condos, 3.9 acres) slated for 609 Creative Way has been nixed, and the land is now up for sale at $3.9 million.  Developers Jeff Corbett and Michael Ellsworth originally bought the site for $365,000 six years ago.  This makes a 935% mark-up that they are seeking. 

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 3.42.54 PM.png

Story Hermitage will be a six building, 4 story,  320 unit apartment complex on 17.45 acres at 4156 Central Pike, backing-up to I-40. Carter USA is the developer; Civil Site Design Group is in charge of land planning/engineering. No word on architect, and no renderings yet. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/atlanta-company-eyes-hermitage-apartment-development/article_b8428c24-0de9-11ed-a902-cb98dbe55881.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map. shows the site highlighted in teal at the enter of the frame:

465142748_ScreenShot2022-07-28at8_04_34AM.png

• Like 2

I never ever know how this works at Cayce Homes. D Tracker has a huge chunk of land set aside and it never corresponds with what really gets built. land wise. This has always been so confusing, and I am pretty much giving up till each project is done.

Never any rhyme or reason to what Metro does when it comes to their own projects.  The site plans needs to correspond directly to the parcel involved and not the general area in red. I know it gives the corner on the site plan, but no other D Tracker items are like this. Only metro projects. They are SPECIAL!

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

800 Main Street has had core drilling on site a couple days this week. Doesn't really say anything is imminent though. This probably is geotechnical investigation that provides information to structural engineers. Does tell be the project is still active in a certain sense.

image.thumb.png.21abc738b784e7eeddbe065efb6ac2ec.png

This permit popped up the other day for this site. Not really sure what it means: https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/4183210?page=1&searchText=800 main st&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Hmmm, obviously this means they are going for some form of zoning change or at least a BZA type request. Looking at the zoning of MUG-A (current zoning) which allows 7 stories in 105' tall, but also has a cap of 3.0 in a Floor-to-Area ratio. Maybe they would like to get up to a 5.0 FAR which would require an SP or a rezone to MUI-A (that would be a decent lift on Gallatin). It may also be a setback request as MUG-A requires a step-back at 5 floors, but with the site being on a pretty big topographic change, that can impact a development alot (I am dealing with right now in another part of town), so they may be asking for a bit of reprieve from the step-back on one of the frontages.

@bwithers1 can you provide some insight in what at least the ask is (not asking for provide project details) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nashvillain said:

Nashville needs housing. It needs housing along and nearby transit. This would be a good place for that. Who said anything about the Gulch? 

I did.  And Nashville doesn't need housing so much as Nashville needs affordable housing. It needs apartments that aren't "luxury" apartments and houses and condos that aren't bought up by out-of-town investors and short term rental slumlords. If what you're suggesting is that it would be better to have an extra story or two above the businesses for apartments, I agree. But I also know that it would more than likely end up being another STR hotel like the one above the Vandyke.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

An SP for this site (501 Crutcher) as "approved with conditions" on 08/01 by Planning and now moves on to Council. No drawings or renderings were included in the plans filed with the city, but we do have some design parameters that any development will need to follow.

1. The uses allowed under this Specific Plan will be all those allowed under MUG-A-NS of the Metro Nashville Zoning Code.
  2. The maximum height shall be 6 stories or 90 feet with no step-back required.
  3. Use of the rooftop shall be allowed including elevated access points for stairs or elevators.
  4. Short term rental shall be prohibited.
  5. Architectural standards shall be as follows:
    • Building façades fronting a street shall provide a minimum of one principal entrance (doorway) and a minimum of 15% glazing.
    • Windows shall be vertically oriented at a ratio of 1.5:1 or greater, except for dormers.
    • Building facades shall be constructed of brick, brick veneer, stone, cast stone, cementitious siding, glass, or materials substantially similar in form and function, unless otherwise approved on detailed building elevations included with the preliminary SP.
    • Porches shall provide a minimum of six feet of depth.
    • A raised foundation of 18”- 36” is required for all residential structures.
  6. South Fifth Street along the frontage of the property to be constructed to provide 45 feet of right-of-way measured from the centerline to the property line (one foot more than the 44 feet required in the MCSP).
  7. Structured parking shall be lined with active uses or screening that closely mimics active uses.
  8. Unless noted otherwise herein, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUG-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application.

550 is alot of units, but I don't think is out of the realm of possibility.

It’s especially a lot considering they are condos. It’s great to hear though

21 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

It’s especially a lot considering they are condos. It’s great to hear though

Very true. That is if it actually stays that way. There was nothing in the SP that stated it has to actually be condos. Condos are quite complex to build and have serious legal ramifications which make them quite complex. 

• Like 1