Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 8/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, markhollin said:

ZMX Inc. is planning a 2 & 3 story development with 4 structures featuring 168 apts. and retail space at 905-907 East Trinity Lane and 3013-15 Ambrose Ave. They have spent a combined $4 million on the parcels on which they plan to start construction in early 2023. FirstBank has supplied a $5.925 million loan to get things started. Catalyst Design is in charge of engineering and land planning. No renderings available yet. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/early-2023-start-eyed-for-east-side-mixed-use-project/article_f10725c8-1353-11ed-a493-a3d35ac12c9d.html

905 East Trinity Lane, Aug 3, 2022, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1269833265_905EastTrinityLaneAug32022sitemap.png

The hundreds of units underway around this intersection (and future hundreds likely to come) mean that we’re about to need two things: a crosstown bus route on Trinity, from Gallatin Pike to Clarksville Pike; and a passenger station on the future heavy rail commuter route where the tracks go over Trinity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, andywildman said:

The hundreds of units underway around this intersection (and future hundreds likely to come) mean that we’re about to need two things: a crosstown bus route on Trinity, from Gallatin Pike to Clarksville Pike; and a passenger station on the future heavy rail commuter route where the tracks go over Trinity.

I get the feeling that Trinity Ln is going to be a traffic nightmare in the not-too-distant future. It's almost like there's no plan for growth. I mean it's exactly like there's no plan for growth

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nashvillain said:

I get the feeling that Trinity Ln is going to be a traffic nightmare in the not-too-distant future. It's almost like there's no plan for growth. I mean it's exactly like there's no plan for growth

I have been saying this for some time. That is why I think The Riverside project is in the wrong place. There is no traffic infrastructure in place to handle the dynamics of the project.  Sort of like putting the MLB stadium at TSU. These things are not being thought out by the developers or Metro in their infinite wisdom. Oh, I forgot there is no infinite wisdom nor any wisdom at all at Metro. Seems as if all they want is the mega growth in areas that are not suited for that type of growth right now. 

The developers behind this project and the MLB project have one thing in common.... neither are developers. Both are amateurs with respect to what they want to do and where they want to do it. Neither group as developed some much as an outhouse.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, MLBrumby said:

Congress passed an infrastructure bill last fall. Is there any public listing of which projects in Davidson (Hamilton et.al.) County are being funded by that?  

The administration here in TN dedicated this funding to grants for water infrastructure improvements. It looks like the grant process is ongoing, but you can find info about it at ARP (tn.gov).

I don't see a list of granted projects, but you can find info on reported needs for all types of infrastructure projects, including water infrastructure, by county at Data Explorer (tn.gov) and Building Tennessee's Tomorrow 2020-2025 (tn.gov).

• Thanks 2

@Bos2Nash do you think this is a sell/lease back situation? I’ve heard Lincoln is looking around metro for space for a new campus. It’s also interesting that the press release mentions the buyer needing to go through rezoning. I wouldn’t think that would be necessary if this was a sell/lease situation like their Denver campus.

I know they are not renewing their lease for their dorms along Douglas. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:11 AM, WebberThomas4 said:

Update on the sale of the NADC campus.

84B8F5AF-3AAA-4F58-87C3-14F7434F6527.png

Sean Parker was asked on the East Hill FB Page about delays and what neighbors that support (or don't support) this deal can do to voice their opinions. His response:

They have not even filed a zoning change application yet. There will be community meetings where residents can learn about the plan and offer feedback. The most important opportunity will be the Planning Commission hearing which is not yet scheduled. They have to file a zoning change application first.

• Like 4

Alta City Side will be a 3 story, 368 unit residential project on about 4 acres at 1301 Lebanon Pike to be developed by Wood Partners.  They just purchased the land for $9.76 million from Gray Line Tennessee, which has recently relocated. They also landed a $55.37 million load from Pinnacle Bank for the construction. Plans are for the development to start by year's end and be fully complete by summer of 2024.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/atlanta-developer-pays-9-76m-for-lebanon-pike-site/article_bfab86f4-19c0-11ed-addb-73389329a864.html

And NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/08/12/deal-dash-wood-partners.html

Alta City Side, Aug 12, 2022, render 1.png

Alta City Side, Aug 12, 2022, render 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Alta City Side, Aug 12, 2022, site map.png

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Bos2Nash said:

Hmmm, obviously this means they are going for some form of zoning change or at least a BZA type request. Looking at the zoning of MUG-A (current zoning) which allows 7 stories in 105' tall, but also has a cap of 3.0 in a Floor-to-Area ratio. Maybe they would like to get up to a 5.0 FAR which would require an SP or a rezone to MUI-A (that would be a decent lift on Gallatin). It may also be a setback request as MUG-A requires a step-back at 5 floors, but with the site being on a pretty big topographic change, that can impact a development alot (I am dealing with right now in another part of town), so they may be asking for a bit of reprieve from the step-back on one of the frontages.

@bwithers1 can you provide some insight in what at least the ask is (not asking for provide project details) 

@Bos2NashThe potential ask is for a sky control plane special exception to allow greater height than base zoning allows on a portion of the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's still only halfway through, but it's been incredible to watch the steady progress over the last 5 years on envision cayce. Feels like restaurant/market/mixed use areas is the one big thing that's missing from forming it all into a cohesive neighborhood, so here's hoping that starts to fill in. 

• Like 4