Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

15 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Damn. If it was three story townhomes that wrapped the corner, I would be cool with it (even though I want something like the Metropolis building down at the corner of 11th and Fatherland), but the inclusion of SFH just kind sucks to me. S 10th is a very under developed corridor that is very heavily travelled and should be built up. 

13 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Agreed. I’m disappointed SFH are even being considered :/

I will defer to Brett on this one. I think he had discussions with the previous owner/developer of this property and 3 stories is about all you can do here, and I am unsure if Brett and the neighbors want Multifamily on this side of 11th and this far into the neighborhood. I think along Woodland was one thing, but this may have been another. Remember this is the Five Points area we are talking about, "Home of the Nimbys, Land of the Over my dead body."

I am unsure if that was the case as he knows the conversation that was held.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Laurel & Pine (4 stories, 166 units, repurposing of several warehouses to retail) update: Frankie's Spuntino, a well-known Italian American restaurant chain out of New York has signed a lease for 12,500 sq. ft. of t. he 24,000 sq. ft. of retail space. 

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/08/18/remix-ny-based-frankies-spuntino-will-debut-at-laurel-pine-in-east-nashville/

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 1.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 2.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 3.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 4.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 5.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 6.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 7.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 8.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 9.png

Laurel & Pine, Aug 19, 2022, 10.png

I really like this development. Only thing I really wish is that there was some type of pedestrian connector at the end of Fairwin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Remember this is the Five Points area we are talking about, "Home of the Nimbys, Land of the Over my dead body."

Don't lump the zealous Edgefield neighbors in with the level-headed East End neighbors.  5 Points is actually in East End and the NIMBY responses in that neighborhood are generally calls for greater density of housing to be accompanied with any tentative development.  This project is entirely within Edgefield's purview.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CandyAisles said:

Don't lump the zealous Edgefield neighbors in with the level-headed East End neighbors.  5 Points is actually in East End and the NIMBY responses in that neighborhood are generally calls for greater density of housing to be accompanied with any tentative development.  This project is entirely within Edgefield's purview.

Sorry Candy,

So which ones are we talking about here, the Nimbys or the over my dead body folks?       JK, I could not resist.    You know there are extremist in Edgehill too that do not want any kind of change.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:11 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

I stopped by today to grab a few photos of the new Donelson location of Edley’s BBQ, under construction at 2719 Lebanon Pike. According to a construction foreman type fellow, due to delays in delivery of the rooftop AC units, the opening will likely be near the end of September. The store has a few parking spots in the front, but most of the parking is at the rear of the building. 

pic 1. Exterior front facing Lebanon Pike

pics 2 & 3. Dining room looking into the space through the open roll up doors

pic 4 & 5. Rear of the building with entry from parking lot and a small outdoor dining space

4B7D5D58-DB87-4380-8D79-E623F2F4F101.jpeg

B246E9B0-5FAD-4737-A7D3-C7AFEED91960.jpeg

67CE0F33-0134-4DA0-86AB-4523D5839E8D.jpeg

82564CE3-2460-4916-989F-4A1D3DABF8B9.jpeg

0779DAFB-6B4F-4FA5-86B4-F790D6E22385.jpeg

So excited for Edley's and the new Nicoletto's just over the hill to open in Donelson soon! Any other "non-chain" coming too? 

• Like 3

Donelson councilman Jeff Syracuse posted a photo today on Facebook, one that he took from the forth floor of a new apartment building under construction on the west end of the Donelson Plaza property. In the post he shared the news that a local restaurant will be housed in a retail slot in the first floor. (No hint on the identity of the restaurant.)

first photo-Mr. Syracuse with a view looking east from the forth floor of new Donelson Plaza residential structure.

second photo-zoom of first photo showing the location of the new Donelson Branch Library.

E9CFA762-32A9-460C-B47B-07E21808F0BA.jpeg

0E1414E6-D70E-415A-A3A8-A073C362D5CE.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, markhollin said:

Donelson Station will be a mixed-use development to be built over a 5 year period by H.G. Hill Realty and Southeast Venture on 3.5 acres at 2705 Lebanon Pike, next to the Music City Star commuter train station. It will include residential, retail, a parking garage, bus bays, a covered transit center for the station, and integration with the existing FiftyForward office complex on the site. The Regional Transportation Authority of Middle Tennessee (RTA) needs to approve the concept.  At that time,  Southeast Venture--which is also serving as the architect--will submit more specific designs and renderings.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-project-eyed-for-donelson/article_9835fb24-1fd1-11ed-a0fe-a339549b6651.html

Donelson Station, Aug 19, 2022, diagram 1.png

Donelson Station, Aug 19, 2022, diagram 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development maps shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

314526897_DonelsonStationAug192022sitemap.png

Anyone know the number of levels or height of this? I'm assuming it probably wouldn't be more than 5 or 6, but with it being literally at the station, one would hope for some good density. 

Also, it says parking garage. Hoping the intent of the TOD designation isn't lost among the cars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

You probably took lessons off of one of the original Japanese masters. 

Actually I went for six months and then my friend that wad doing it with me broke his ankle and had to drop out, so then I did too.  And thus is the storied career of a true martial arts master!  :tw_lol:

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Is that part of Nashville really growing as fast as it appears from seeing the numerous posts here?  Haven't been there in years, and I don't recall it being especially developed.  Is this a consequence of everywhere else in Davidson county becoming too expensive? 

All of that blue has to get approved and start. Some of it is in a holding pattern, but I think the area is about to get bust as the land is still fairly cheap. But, not for much longer!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1