Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

The owners of 800 Main (proposed Eastside Station that would have expanded current 3 story structure with another7 story building including additional retail and 149 residential units) has nixed the idea and has a buyer for the whole 3.7 acre site. Current owners Adam Leibowitz and Andy Neuman have an unidentified developer under contract.  No word on the price or if the existing plans will be utilized on this prime piece of East Nashville property.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-nashville-retail-building-slated-to-be-sold/article_b5ca1b4c-2adb-11ed-a01b-0ff3600b33a9.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

995803513_ScreenShot2022-09-02at3_31_35PM.png

• Like 4

On 9/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, markhollin said:

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1228425642_HillRealty3101DickersonSept12022sitemap.png

It will be a bummer to lose that HG Hill, just like it was a bummer to lose the Piggly Wiggly near the Gallatin and Hart intersection. 

I would bet money that every single house on the lower block of Hillside Rd will sell and get redeveloped into tall sknnies.  There are a couple that have already gone up but I can't remember if there was a house there or not but all the houses on the street are very small, unkempt and likely rentals. 

They have started clearing the smaller center blue area right off Ben Allen.  I don't know what the hold up is for the big blue area as it's been in the works for at least 5 years.  I remember going to a meeting about that and it was during the Preds Cup run.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, MLBrumby said:

Is that part of Nashville really growing as fast as it appears from seeing the numerous posts here?  Haven't been there in years, and I don't recall it being especially developed.  Is this a consequence of everywhere else in Davidson county becoming too expensive? 

I bet it wouldn't look much different if you visited again soon.  That main drag from the interstate to The Skyliner is filled with your usual fast food joints and that Church's Chicken is really popular, the drive-thru line is always snaking out onto Dickerson.  There was an old school buffet style Pizza Hut that used to be right across from the HG Hill.  It then turned into a Mexican joint but it didn't last long.  It's now a Chicken and Waffles place that someone clearly is dumping a bunch of money into.  We'll see how it does.

I highly recommend StrikeOut Wingz if you're into wings and fried catfish, it occupies the old Prince's location that they abandoned after those kids ran a stolen car into it.  Best wings and catfish in all of Nashville.

And something that really surprises me is there used to be a Kroger catty-corner from the HG Hill site, how it could exist in the 2000s in that area right next to another grocery store but not now I'll never understand.

If they ever complete The Skyliner that will bring a lot of new people into the area and there is a huge complex up near the Walmart that finished a year or so ago and next to Skyline Medical there looks to be a massive project called Altitude 41.  They've started grading for that.

It's a weird place for sure.

• Like 2

600 Stewarts Ferry (3 & 4 stories, 318 units) update: most of the buildings are topped-out.

Looking SW from exit ramp off I-40 and Stewarts Ferry Pike:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Sept 5, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/2 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Sept 5, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/2 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Sept 5, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Stewarts Ferry Pike and McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Sept 5, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking NW from campus of Hire Right Corporate HQ:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Sept 5, 2022, 5.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeaveStirs said:

Projects that have been under construction the longest..

Skyliner

Blue Parrot 

Highview flats

Anymore to add to the list??? haha

The Holiday Inn Airport in the post immediately above yours. I think they are importing supplies one box full at a time, each on a separate slow boat from China!

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Archibum said:

What about Emory Commons? Hasn't seemed to make much progress in the couple months I've driven by.

If you are going off my map, they may not have been updated. I just don't have the energy or the time to travel everywhere to know if a project is complete or not. Mark will give me a rundown from time to time and I do a series of updates.

It is a 20-minute drive for me just to get into the city and for me to decide where to go is a coin toss as I always just want to walk downtown when I come in. LOL

In years long past the only construction was in the core and nowhere else. I would not even have to think about driving to Antioch or up Dickerson or into Bordeaux. My how times have changed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

If you are going off my map, they may not have been updated. I just don't have the energy or the time to travel everywhere to know if a project is complete or not. Mark will give me a rundown from time to time and I do a series of updates.

It is a 20-minute drive for me just to get into the city and for me to decide where to go is a coin toss as I always just want to walk downtown when I come in. LOL

In years long past the only construction was in the core and nowhere else. I would not even have to think about driving to Antioch or up Dickerson or into Bordeaux. My how times have changed.

No I think your map is accurate. I was just saying that I drive past it all the time and it seems like nothing is happening. or if stuff is happening, it is going very slowly..