Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

4 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

After 18 years, Sweet 16th Bakery is closing. Bill’s Sandwich Shop is taking over the space. 

Was very sad to read this on Instagram! I'd never heard of Bill's Sandwich Palace, but Nashville Scene put them in Best of Nashville last year, so they must be solid.

Would love if someone else picks up Sweet 16th's Sandwich to Go - those things are great.

• Sad 1

From CM VanReece's newsletter

Artist Lofts 3539 Dickerson Pike

indefinitely deferred. 

The Virtual Community Meeting is Moved to January 5, 2023.

I had an excellent conversation with Evan Holladay with Holladay Ventures at Madtown Coffee yesterday afternoon.  We were able to go over all of the concerns that were provided.
It is clear to me that Evan is willing to go back and work on this plan.  There is a lot that we have asked for him to do, so I want to give him time to do that and come back to us with a new plan. 
He has agreed to ask the Planning Staff to indefinitely defer this application until it is worked on and can gain both planning staff and community support.  It will NOT be on heard at the November 11th Commission Meeting.

I am moving our community Meeting/Zoom call past the holidays to Thursday, January 5, 2023.
If the Planning Staff and Fire Marshall have approved the changes that Holladay will need to make and we are surprised by having something to review before Christmas, I will inform by email that the date was moved up.
The Monday, October 24 Virtual Meeting has been moved to January 5, 2023, 6 pm 

The Link (5 & 3 stories, 221 units) update: brickwork underway on eastern structure. 

Looking SW from Dickerson Pike 1/3 block north of Lucile St:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from Dickerson Pike at Lucile St:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from Lucile St, 1/3 block west of Dickerson Pike:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from Lucile St, 1/3 block west of Dickerson Pike:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Lucile St. and Elmhust Ave:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 5.jpeg

Looking SE from Elmhust Ave., 1/2 block north of Lucile St:

Link, Oct 22, 2022, 6.jpeg

• Like 4

I like the brick and hope most/all of those buildings will have brick. That makes a huge difference and sets the buildings apart from the other new different (mixed) exterior materials. When there are more than 2 exterior types on a building, I think it usually looks value-engineered. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

It looks like 1201 Gallatin Ave (Hill Center Greenwood) will be a 49 unit apartment/condo building. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=839529

Oh joy. 49 rich a*holes get to pay cash for units to make way for an unattended hotel…circumventing ADA and Commercial Permitting.

• Confused 1

Again I ask, how in the fawk is Apple Annie's still standing?  I wonder what the clientele is like these days as opposed to the old clientele (I can use my imagination)?

New pizza joint in Madison at the old Sir Pizza location 414 Gallatin Pike S, Madison, TN 37115.

https://www.pinkyringpizza.com/