Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 12/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, markhollin said:

A 300  unit residential project with an additional 39 single family homes is being planned by an unknown developer for the 4.6 acre site at 1409 Davidson St., just the the west of Shelby Park.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/12/02/deal-dash-apartments-midtown-east-nashville-metro.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1409 Davidson, Dec 2, 2022, site map.png

Isn't that flood plain?  That strip of road just to the east of there got chewed up bad last time it flooded.

Yes it seems like it mostly is, though I wonder if it's primarily from water draining down the hill (I have no idea how floodplains are determined) and could be mitigated with built in drainage.  edit: I looked at the 2010 flood arial imagery and yeah it probably gets full of Cumberland.

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 10.23.43 AM.png

Edited by GregH
more content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The small, 82 capacity  parking garage to be built at 400 Shelby Ave. as part of the Envision Cayce project approved by MDHA Design Review Committee. Smith Gee is the architect, and HDLA is in charge of landscape architecture.  No rendering has been available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/metro-approves-downtown-restaurant-space-design/article_6c64d6b4-7594-11ed-85fc-0f7effb48692.html

On 12/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, markhollin said:

A 300  unit residential project with an additional 39 single family homes is being planned by an unknown developer for the 4.6 acre site at 1409 Davidson St., just the the west of Shelby Park.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/12/02/deal-dash-apartments-midtown-east-nashville-metro.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1409 Davidson, Dec 2, 2022, site map.png

Where are the details on this CA south project? Is that all those industrial buildings? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EN_5116 said:

Where are the details on this CA south project? Is that all those industrial buildings? 

Looks like they were purchased last year but there might not be any plans made public yet https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-nashville-sites-on-river-sell-for-21-5m/article_25f1b3b4-4331-11ec-8b94-eb4a0bc78b95.html 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregH said:

Got it-- I saw on LinkedIn (I work in the industry) that CA South will be making a big East Nashville announcement soon. I'm very excited! I think this area is prime for development and I like the work they do. I've always had a lot of respect for Meg at CA South-- she's awesome!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EN_5116 said:

Got it-- I saw on LinkedIn (I work in the industry) that CA South will be making a big East Nashville announcement soon. I'm very excited! I think this area is prime for development and I like the work they do. I've always had a lot of respect for Meg at CA South-- she's awesome!

I will lay money that is the project they have planned on Davidson rd. along the river.   East Nashville site on river sells for $1.96M | Development | nashvillepost.com

On 12/5/2022 at 7:17 AM, Nashville Cliff said:

Isn't that flood plain?  That strip of road just to the east of there got chewed up bad last time it flooded.

This property was rezoned to an SP in 2015 by my predecessor. The SP includes single-family houses off of Village Court at the top of the hill and a multifamily building along Davidson at the bottom of the hill. The property owner is submitting a SP amendment proposal. The main change is to request additional height for the multifamily building atop the parking garage. The parking garage addresses the flood plain issue by lifting the housing above that flood plain elevation. In light of the multistory mixed use buildings that are likely to go in across Davidson along the riverfront, the property owner is requesting additional floors of residential units above the parking garage on this site.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, EN_5116 said:

Yes, these are all industrial buildings currently. I rezoned the 690 and 1106 Davidson Street buildings from industrial/warehouse to mixed use about two years ago. Those buildings were acquired and are being considered as part of a property assemblage for a larger mixed use riverfront project.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, smeagolsfree said:

What they do not cover in the story is that  the multi-family building will be up to 8 stories.

Only if the Planning Commission approves that height. The community plan policy is residential which primarily supports 3-story buildings. You need mixed use zoning - and an underlying mixed use community plan policy - to support building heights greater than three stories in most cases. 

• Like 3

1505 Dickerson Pike, Phase One (4 & 5 stories, 265 units, round level retail, internal garage with car 397 capacity) has submitted its request for a final site plan by Key Real Estate. Humphreys & Partners is the architect; civil engineering is to be handled by Thomas & Hutton.

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/12/20/dickerson-pike-development-nears-final-planning-stages-in-nashville/

1505 Dickerson, Dec 20, 2022, render.png

1505 Dickerson, Dec 20, 2022, site map.png

• Like 4