Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

Plans for a massive mixed-use development in Madison advanced Tuesday after Nashville's council approved at least $37 million in tax incentives to help pay for the project's infrastructure.

Designs for the 1.7-million-square foot "Madison Station" development include 1,694 multi-family residential housing units, office, and retail space, public parks, greenways, and multimodal roads.

The site's developers — Texas-based Artesia Real Estate and the Nashville-based Cauble Group — will privately fund infrastructure construction, demolition and site preparation, according to the Economic Impact Plan approved unanimously by the council Tuesday. Metro will repay those costs, plus interest, over time using a portion of the site's incremental property tax revenue.

This kind of incentive, known as "Tax-Increment Financing," allows developers to use a portion of a project's expected future tax revenue to pay off infrastructure construction loans. The Madison Station incentive stands to be one of the largest of its kind in Nashville's roughly 45-year history of using the tool.

While the initial TIF loans are expected to total $37 million, project estimates show public infrastructure costs will likely approach $69 million.

The total estimated private construction cost rings in at $631 million, according to plan documents.

In total, the planned development includes:

- 87,050 square feet of ground-floor commercial space

- 236,000 square feet of office space

- 1.3 million square feet of multifamily residential space (1,694 units)

- 3,855 structured and surface parking spaces

- roughly 15 acres of parks, open space, paths and streets

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2023/01/05/madison-station-development-wins-council-approval-tax-incentives/69775371007/?utm_source=pnas-DailyBriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-briefing-with-greeting&utm_term=hero&utm_content=1056TN-E-NLETTER65

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 6.20.46 AM.png

This looks awesome! Happy to see urban design like this so far up Gallatin, but so much parking :(

• Like 4

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens (2 - 4 stories, 200+ affordable housing units) has some a conceptual renderings from SV Design.  This large tract would replace the full block at the SE corner of Lenore St. and 6th St. South that is currently filled with the 1 & 2 story, 1960s-era Lenore Gardens Apts. More details will be forthcoming.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2023/01/01/affordable-attainable-housing-developments-in-the-nashville-pipeline/

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens, Jan 1, 2023, render 1.png

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens, Jan 1, 2023, render 2.png

I did find out from MDHA that this image is 2 years old, and the look will be much different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markhollin said:

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens (2 - 4 stories, 200+ affordable housing units) has some conceptual renderings from SV Design.  This large tract would replace the full block at the SE corner of Lenore St. and 6th St. South that is currently filled with the 1 & 2 story, 1960s-era Lenore Gardens Apts. More details will be forthcoming.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2023/01/01/affordable-attainable-housing-developments-in-the-nashville-pipeline/

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens, Jan 1, 2023, render 1.png

Envision Cayce, Lenore Gardens, Jan 1, 2023, render 2.png

Beautiful renderings! :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

I missed what is happening at the corner of Chicamauga and Gallatin, where King Solomon used to be. Anyone know?

Only thing I can find right now is a demo permit. Afshin Yazdian who partners some with Adam Leibowitz bought the property in May of 21. No word on what he has planned. I do not think he has partnered with Adam on this as far as I can tell.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2023 at 6:26 AM, markhollin said:

Shelby House (Samaritan Recovery's two phase project of 4 & 5 stories, 484 units with internal garage) has a few new renderings courtesy of NashvilleNowNext:

Shelby Place, Jan 1, 2023, render 1.png

Shelby Place, Jan 1, 2023, render 2.png

Most of these still have significantly less street activation than I'd hope for - I get that some of these buildings are fronting busy roads (like Shelby) but these ground levels do very little to promote interaction between the buildings' users & the environment around them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, andywildman said:

Most of these still have significantly less street activation than I'd hope for - I get that some of these buildings are fronting busy roads (like Shelby) but these ground levels do very little to promote interaction between the buildings' users & the environment around them.

I'd heard some interviews with residents when they were going into the first part of Envision, and this was a chief complaint among them - no activation that allowed for communing. Coming from what they had, previously, they agreed the updates were nice but not worth it if they couldn't talk to neighbors.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, andywildman said:

Isn't it mostly a substance recovery facility?