Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, Flatrock said:

ICON Entertainment's planned neighborhood restaurant/bar at the old Southern Grist location at 1201 Porter Rd. seems to be gaining a little steam lately. Fencing up, and site work underway. We live nearby and really miss the original Southern Grist. 😥 With the popular new toy store and ice cream shop across the street, Vinyl Tap kitty corner and Café Roze next door, that's a hoppin' little neighborhood node with a great vibe. 

20230205_122458.jpg

20230205_122456.jpg

Looking forward to this being completed as well. Is the old Fran’s building part of this or is that different owner? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TnNative said:

Looking forward to this being completed as well. Is the old Fran’s building part of this or is that different owner? 

Different owner, but they have applied for permits to turn half the building into office space and the other half into a bar. It’s looks like they are going to put brick on the exterior of the building. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Dube Orthopedic (4 stories, 30,000 sq. ft.) update: nearly complete.

Looking east from Old Hickory Blvd., just south of Old Lebanon Dirt Rd:

Dube Orthopedic, Jan 27, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking south from  from Old Lebanon Dirt Rd., just east of Old Hickory Blvd:

Dube Orthopedic, Jan 27, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Old Hickory Blvd. and Old Lebanon Dirt Rd:

Dube Orthopedic, Jan 27, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking west from Old Lebanon Dirt Rd., 1/2 block east of Old Hickory Blvd:

Dube Orthopedic, Jan 27, 2023, 4.jpeg

I've been watching this one slowly come to completion as I make my weekly Chick-fil-A runs. Not sure if bad detailing or sloppy construction but a lot of the joints and alignments look to slightly miss the mark. Overall though, it's nice to see something unique go up out that way.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 9:27 AM, Archibum said:

I've been watching this one slowly come to completion as I make my weekly Chick-fil-A runs. Not sure if bad detailing or sloppy construction but a lot of the joints and alignments look to slightly miss the mark. Overall though, it's nice to see something unique go up out that way.

I really liked this project at first but something about it just does not work for me not that it is built. I can't place it either. Not sure if it just didn't live up to the design, location not fitting Hermitage, or what. 

Also, I always think of the Sandcrawler  from Star Wars when I see this. 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, bigeasy said:

I really liked this project at first but something about it just does not work for me not that it is built. I can't place it either. Not sure if it just didn't live up to the design, location not fitting Hermitage, or what. 

Also, I always think of the Sandcrawler  from Star Wars when I see this. 

Fully agree that the initial plans looked awesome and now that it is built, something doesn't really work. I think it is the location of it in Hermitage, just doesn't seem to fit the area. Maybe that will bring some change out there to not just being strip mall style buildings...

1 hour ago, macdougall said:

Fully agree that the initial plans looked awesome and now that it is built, something doesn't really work. I think it is the location of it in Hermitage, just doesn't seem to fit the area. Maybe that will bring some change out there to not just being strip mall style buildings...

Haven’t seen it in person but pics show it might look much better after landscaping and it needs lots and lots of greenery. I personally am not a fan of light colored brick. And the 2 shades just don’t blend well IMHO.

600 Stewarts Ferry (3 & 4 stories, 318 units) update: putting final touches on exteriors.

Looking west from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/3 block west of I-40:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Jan 28, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/4 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Jan 28, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/4 block east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Jan 28, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from Total Quality Logistics surface lot:

600 Stewarts Ferry, Jan 28, 2023, 4.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:05 AM, markhollin said:

Tulip Grove & Central (3 stories, 208 townhomes) update: shaving/shaping the hillside.

Tulip Grove & Central, Han, 2023, diagram.png

What is up with the walls and road layout? This looks like a maze maximally isolating units from each other, amenities like the pool/Dog Park, and road access?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsianintheNations said:

What is up with the walls and road layout? This looks like a maze maximally isolating units from each other, amenities like the pool/Dog Park, and road access?

I am unsure why Metro continues to make winding curvy roads unless it is because of terrain. You would think they would at some point want to have some sort of grid, but I do know like where I live a grid is impossible because of terrain. It would have been impossible, and cost prohibited to level out an entire hill. My house sits a good 150 to 200 feet above the hwy below and there are homes below me and homes above me. So, they have to make the roads wind and curve in order to make it work. Lots of wasted space on the lots too. My lot is about an acre but only a 1/4 of it is usable unless I want to take up terrace farming.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, markhollin said:

It is a steep site.

That makes sense! For the roads anyway. But it's an opportunity for some fun and practical stairs that could connect say unit 125 to the 78/79 gap and the community pavilion to the 202/203 gap. I love the random stairs in San Francisco where a grid was forced on much steeper terrain.

https://sf.curbed.com/maps/sf-staricases-beautiful-coolest-urban-steps-san-francisco

I get communities wanting to be sort of separate from neighboring ones, but this kind of small thing I think makes a big difference in terms of cohesiveness within the development, even if it's just for taking a stroll around the neighborhood or letting a kid visit their friend down the hill.